User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is this intake noise?

Just because clamps are tight does not mean there is a leak.. are the hoses over the pipes sufficiently? are the clamps OVERtightened?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob777 View Post
    Well back to my issue, maybe it will help.. My problem/noise something to do with the clamps holding TIP to Turbo housing. Adjusted slightly last night and sound got worse. Still has lots of power and no hesitations anywhere. The thing is ripping my new pirellis to shreds lol
    Going to remove all tonight and re-install, I was positive it was BPV leaking or hose associated leaking but couldn't find anything wrong with those hoses or clamps.

Can you get better clamps for the turbo to inlet area than those screw type clamps? I don't have faith in them.. Pretty sure they just not tight enough. If noise still there after all this only possible outcome is BPV is leaking slightly as it builds boost.

Thanks for responses to my issues..
    I use t-clamps from Masters n use cable tie to tighten all the vacuum hoses. I had a same problem n it's been 6 months no leak whatsoever. And as @Jmac said don't over tighten the clamps n make sure they are over the pipe suffiently. Do a leak test with soap n water spray if u don't have a air compressor. Gluck
    Member Of a Wallbangers Club

redoing tonight with new vaccum hose, new clamps (I have already done twice using same clamps). Since original post have installed a Forge BPV and hyperteck tune.. Noise still there, same time, same duration. Nothing I seem to do affects it.. How possible is it the welds to leak on a TIP. Its a HTP brand.
    Noise is definitely around turbo now I have realised. You cant here from the outside and inside it sounds just behind firewall.
    Thanks for responding lads, will keep you posted..

Also today a "friend" who was once the "worlds greatest mechanic", apparently, took it for a drive and he reckons it an over boost warning?? ? Coming from engine bay, doesn't make sense to me... He reckons the solenoid can make that noise??

Also today a "friend" who was once the "worlds greatest mechanic", apparently, took it for a drive and he reckons it an over boost warning?? ? Coming from engine bay, doesn't make sense to me... He reckons the solenoid can make that noise??
    Lol.

Edit: definitely not.

God dam noise!!! Still there. Replaced clamps, vaccuum hoses, nipples, bpv. Bloody everything!!!!
    I'm gonna post another vid soon, please let me know if this definitely sounds like a leak.. Everyone that has driven it says yeh but nobody can help me to find it.
    Thanks

Do you mean the beep beep, could it be a speed alarm on your computer?

Quote Originally Posted by Robmps View Post
    Do you mean the beep beep, could it be a speed alarm on your computer?
    Yes!! The beeeep beep.. Lol what is this speed warning you talk of?? Why would it be going off even under 60kph?

And it's been hyperteched!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2psUCOp5ynw&feature=plcp

Taken from a VW after intake install sound Is from the engine bay!

Yeh right.. Very similar.. Hmmm prob not much I can do then seeing as though it was there before and after flashing it.

Cheers

Just googled car beep from engine bay after intake. Many threads!

Just googled car beep from engine bay after intake. Many threads!
    Dude hate to sound stupid but I can't find anything nearly applicable whatsoever.. Unless our browser's give wickedly different results. I'm only searching on a phone but still.

Anyway I'm sure the answer will find me somehow, eventually!

Thanks!

Google these exact words... Car beep with intake

Google these exact words... Car beep with intake
    Done. I find two websites only though.. Similar, they all saying fueling issues/throttle body noise in their case.
    Lol some guy suggested putting a nail in a hose and putting in your ear to use as a stethoscope to locate the noise on throttle body

Lol I read that nail thread too! Yeah the mystery continues, maybe call Mazda

Steps to complete before next post:
    1. Do boost leak test on car
    2. Fix leak
    3. Report with great success

Quote Originally Posted by rayd View Post
    Steps to complete before next post:
    1. Do boost leak test on car
    2. Fix leak
    3. Report with great success
    Access to a compressor is quite difficult but yes your right, boost test definitely needed.
    Sooo I found this post, pretty funny but seemingly practical lol http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/foru...ranteed-94844/

Will post results tomorrow.

Access to a compressor is quite difficult but yes your right, boost test definitely needed.
    Sooo I found this post, pretty funny but seemingly practical lol how to find boost leaks, guaranteed - Mazdaspeed Forums

Will post results tomorrow.
    I've used that method, it does work but you won't find tiny leaks that only come out when running test at your psi e.g 20psi
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast