User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SLIXX is getting Stratified!

Default SLIXX is getting Stratified!

So I decided to go with Alex from Stratified (Stratified Automotive Controls) to tune my car
    I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to logs etc, but Alex has been great in helping get the data he needs

I have read many many great reviews on MazdaSpeed Forums - Number One Mazda Enthusiast Tech Site and after a few email back and forth, Alex gave me great confidence that he could give me a tune to suit my needs

I have attached my first WOT logs and MAF Cal as requested by Stratified.

--------------------Results--------------------
    Im gonna keep all my results here. Im taking @SarcasticOne advice and record 60-100mph times in 4th and place a VD for the map
    60 - 100mph times and VD Graphs

23/5/2013
    Cobb Stage 2 OTS - 7.67
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cobb Stage 2 OTS.jpg 
Views:	326 
Size:	52.5 KB 
ID:	14346

Name:	ACE Dyno Cobb AP Stage 2.jpg 
Views:	317 
Size:	413.0 KB 
ID:	14344

28/5/2013
    Stratified 1.10 - 7.02

Name:	Stratified 1.10.jpg 
Views:	293 
Size:	72.6 KB 
ID:	14347

5/6/2013
    Stratified 1.20 - 6.63

Name:	Stratified 1.20.jpg 
Views:	287 
Size:	75.1 KB 
ID:	14348

11/6/2013
    Stratified 1.30 - 6.60
    Attachment 14327

19/6/2013
    Stratified 1.40 - 6.52

Name:	Stratified 1.40.jpg 
Views:	284 
Size:	52.8 KB 
ID:	14345

24/6/2013
    Stratified 1.50 - 6.66

Name:	Stratified 1.50.jpg 
Views:	273 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	14399

28/6/2013
    Stratified 1.60 - 6.61

Name:	Stratified 1.60.jpg 
Views:	273 
Size:	73.4 KB 
ID:	14418

04/7/2013
    Stratified 1.70 - 6.52

Name:	Stratified 1.70.jpg 
Views:	413 
Size:	52.6 KB 
ID:	14466
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by slixx; 04-07-2013 at 12:48 AM.

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

So after I sent my first log, Alex replied the next day with my first revision
    The car already felt more responsive, quicker and smoother up the rpm range

I did develop DTC P0421. After help from Alex and a bit f reading, i found out that Cobb AP, disable this code in their OTS maps
    I may have been getting this DTC before, but obviously it was coming up as Alex's map had it enabled
    Alex responded and explained that it isnt a problem and sent me a revision with the CEL removed

I sent my next logs and hope to get a response soon

Stratified Restaino Tune V1.10

Currently RaydTuned

Subscribed for Winning!

4. Default

yum!

Can't wait for the final revision

Ohh YEA!!
    Bring it on!!!

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Interesting to see how he is adjusting, drop a degree of timing, up the boost a little. Curious to see if he is going to remove the boost spike though, 20 psi is scary.

Subscribed!

Been thinking of getting Alex to tune my car as well, further down the track. Can't wait to hear the results!

+1 Subscribed!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4...

20 psi isnt all that bad if its tapering off by redline.. the stage 2 maps are 18psi +/- 2 psi so hitting 20 in colder weather isnt uncommon, i was hitting 22 with no issues

So i'm a huge noob when it comes to tuning, but just interested load, boost or hybrid tune?
    Are you running the stratified EBCV and or the boost dial?

Quote Originally Posted by GibbA View Post
    So i'm a huge noob when it comes to tuning, but just interested load, boost or hybrid tune?
    Are you running the stratified EBCV and or the boost dial?
    Looks like I'm a bigger noob than you @GibbA!!

I have just paid my money and am paying attention to details

WOT log
    Email log
    Receive new log
    Test and report
    Repeat first step

I also didn't purchase any extras!

Peter "SLIXX"

Currently RaydTuned

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    Looks like I'm a bigger noob than you @GibbA!!

I have just paid my money and am paying attention to details

WOT log
    Email log
    Receive new log
    Test and report
    Repeat first step

I also didn't purchase any extras!

Peter "SLIXX"
    Hah, its all good. I'm just trying to learn as much as i can from other peoples experiences, hence why i'm asking. I know you can use the stock valve though.
    What did you tell him you want out of the tune? goals etc? I'll be following this closely.

From all i've read, i think you can't really go past Alex and stratified automotive
    --> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

You know hotter weather = less dense air, therefore less power at same boost.

I'll give an extremely basic overview of the difference...

Boost tune will run 18psi all day long, whatever the weather... In summer you'll get 400NM, winter 450NM

Load tune will target (for example) 420NM all year long, and alter boost from 19psi to 17 psi as needed.

A hybrid tune will do a bit of both, if you hit either 18psi or 420NM the car will stop increasing boost
    From what I have seen, most "hybrid" tunes are a boost tune with load caps in place to stop excessive torque production during colder months

Resident tuner @richierichness might be able to shed some more light on the matter
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    You know hotter weather = less dense air, therefore less power at same boost.

I'll give an extremely basic overview of the difference...

Boost tune will run 18psi all day long, whatever the weather... In summer you'll get 400NM, winter 450NM

Load tune will target (for example) 420NM all year long, and alter boost from 19psi to 17 psi as needed.

A hybrid tune will do a bit of both, if you hit either 18psi or 420NM the car will stop increasing boost
    From what I have seen, most "hybrid" tunes are a boost tune with load caps in place to stop excessive torque production during colder months

Resident tuner @richierichness might be able to shed some more light on the matter
    Yep thats it!
    Im tuning mine via hybrid tune! the boost dial makes to so easy to hybrid/load tune

Yeah hybrid is the bomb. Great to keep torque in check down low.

Sent from your mums phone

Yes I've heard how things are made much better / easier with the boost dial. @SarcasticOne, in load tuning, do you mean you set a range of boost value's that can be used to achieve your load you target? What happens if this target cannot be reached? I.e. very hot day?
    I guess load tuning would be better or more suitable for people living in areas with little temp and altitude differences in their daily driving.. though I guess that prob could be said for boost tune as well? Don't see how you could go past a hybrid tune though!

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk 2
    --> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

Quote Originally Posted by GibbA View Post
    Hah, its all good. I'm just trying to learn as much as i can from other peoples experiences, hence why i'm asking. I know you can use the stock valve though.
    What did you tell him you want out of the tune? goals etc? I'll be following this closely.

From all i've read, i think you can't really go past Alex and stratified automotive
    Tuning Goals
    I am not loking for World Records as I do not intend on racing or dragging my car, but just want a smoother more repsonsive power delivery. I don't want to push the absolute limits of my turbo, but if we could extract as much as we can, while still keeping it civil day-to-day and still able to scare my wife half from time-to time would be a perfect

Peter "SLIXX"

Currently RaydTuned

Thats a good goal pete... when I get around to doing my BT upgrade that will be the same for me not to break records just to scared the mrs and to have the kids laughing in the back seat... they lov it now let alone with a BT installed

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Alex sent me a new map on the 31/5

I felt the car was a little laggy in the low rev ranges and he had made the throttle response a little more sensitive
    I felt the difference right away and the car seemed more drivable and the increase in power was much smoother

Tonight I performed my next WOT logs and sent them to Alex for my next revision

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast