User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: SLIXX is getting Stratified!

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Stop lying, you're enjoying the process... and as much as you want car to be finished, you don't want the exciting "oooh, new map!" emails to end
    Hehe... there is some truth to that!

I'm really thinking... hmm maybe i'll get a TMIC and re-tune again
    Stratified only charges $65.00!!!

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    Hehe... there is some truth to that!

I'm really thinking... hmm maybe i'll get a TMIC and re-tune again
    Stratified only charges $65.00!!!
    Wish TH only charged that lol
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

So I finally got a complete set of logs
    Once again, car feels strong and smooth. No hesitations can be felt

The 2-3-4 gear warm WOT logs was the only one with knock over 2, but only just and heaps less than last time around

I had some concerns, which I asked Alex in my email to him
    · I know I don’t drive my car out very much, but when I start it when cold, the idle is rough and splutters a lot and smoke come out of the exhaust. I put this down to condensation as once I have done the logs, the car idle smoothly and no smoke is visible. Can you confirm this is normal?
    · Can you comment of whether I need the harder spring in my BOV or, from the stats you are receiving would you recommend the one already in the BOV?

30/6/2013
    Stratified 1.60 - 6.78
    Stratified 1.60_2.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stratified 1.60_2.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	53.2 KB 
ID:	14423  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Currently RaydTuned

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    So I finally got a complete set of logs
    Once again, car feels strong and smooth. No hesitations can be felt

The 2-3-4 gear warm WOT logs was the only one with knock over 2, but only just and heaps less than last time around

I had some concerns, which I asked Alex in my email to him
    · I know I don’t drive my car out very much, but when I start it when cold, the idle is rough and splutters a lot and smoke come out of the exhaust. I put this down to condensation as once I have done the logs, the car idle smoothly and no smoke is visible. Can you confirm this is normal?
    · Can you comment of whether I need the harder spring in my BOV or, from the stats you are receiving would you recommend the one already in the BOV?

30/6/2013
    Stratified 1.60 - 6.78
    Stratified 1.60_2.jpg
    Looking good @slixx this makes me want to get a custom tune so much... im slowly learning things about my ap... what do you think the final tune will be pow and torque wise??

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    ~ Radiant Ebony 2005 Mazda 6 MPS ~
    SURE REM - SURE TIP & SRI - Corksport 3" DP - Custom Exhaust - DGR Coilovers - SuperPro RSB - CX Racing FMIC with a 2xs touch - 2xs SSP - NGK Iridium Plugs - Autotech FP internals - AWR TMM & PMM Engine mounts - COBB AP - Hankook
    Ventus S1 EVO2 225/45/18 on custom painted stock black rims - Gold Brake calipers
    Dagher Tuned 195kw atw / 425nm

I reckon the VD will fairly similar and won't change much. Alex is just fiddling with setting so that the car will cope better in the warmer weather

VD tells me about 200+Kw and about 420nM torque

I'll get a rolling Dyno when I'm done and see the final result

Peter "SLIXX"

Gud works man

So revision 1.70 was sent to me this morning
    Some more minor tweaks to timing to get rid of the knock in my 2-3-4 logs

I noticed that the warm 2-3-4 warm log had KR under 2, but this time my 4th Gear Warm log did spike over 2, not sure if this was anything to do with the heat

I have been noting the 60-100mph times for my 4th Gear Cool Logs all throughout and did hit my best time of 6.52sec
    Also have been running a VD on the 4th Gear Cool logs and did hit a my best of 211kW (282hp) @ 438nm (323lbft)

04/7/2013
    Stratified 1.70 - 6.52
    Attachment 14466
    Last edited by slixx; 04-07-2013 at 01:00 AM.

Currently RaydTuned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Harry View Post
    Gud works man
    Haahaa 411kws or 211kws

Would be good to see a run that has no knock plotted in VD. That knock is making your top end go pretty rich.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Tinker tinker

Peter "SLIXX"

Nice... That's one scary machine you are building Peter!

Quote Originally Posted by tims View Post
    Nice... That's one scary machine you are building Peter!
    Not really...
    It's all bark

Peter "SLIXX"

whaa? It's gleaming black with red bits on it, dark tinted windows, a heavy growl from the back end, and 211kW FWD from something that weighs 1,500kg(?).... I say scary

So this looks to be my final map (1.80)
    After 8 revisions and about 46days my logs seems to be in the safe range

Lex noticed 2-3-4 log had a touch more KR but then again the BATs were artificially very high due to the heatsoak. He made a slight adjustment to load/boost in the 5000 RPM region that should clear this up and it seems to have done that

My 4th gear warm log could have been warmer but the crisp air was getting temps down pretty quick

We'll see what he says

09/7/2013
    Stratified 1.80 - 6.64
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stratified 1.80.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	51.9 KB 
ID:	14559

Currently RaydTuned

Slixx big thanks for putting this info on the forum because in the longterm many members (myself included when the BT bug bites) will be looking to E-Tuning as an option.

It's good to see the time period, changes and gains Especially the time period. My biggest concern was the amount of time the car would be off the road, but I presume the maps are fairly safe (so you can daily the car) until they find a good base then proceed to malke it more aggressive?

I most likely will be E-Tuning as WA has stuff all tuners who work with COBB or have any experience with a MPS.
    Last edited by DAN MPS 3; 09-07-2013 at 01:22 AM.
    SG9 XT: VF34 P20, Tomei headers, STI intercooler HSD coilovers, Brembos and much more...

Quote Originally Posted by DAN MPS 3 View Post
    Slixx big thanks for putting this info on the forum because in the longterm many members (myself included when the BT bug bites) will be looking to E-Tuning as an option.

It's good to see the time period, changes and gains Especially the time period. My biggest concern was the amount of time the car would be off the road, but I presume the maps are fairly safe (so you can daily the car) until they find a good base then proceed to malke it more aggressive?

I most likely will be E-Tuning as WA has stuff all tuners who work with COBB or have any experience with a MPS.
    +1 to this, top job Pete @slixx
    2XS RACING $ CORKSPORT $ MAGNAFLOW $ ​UNSURE MOTORSPORTS $ COBB $ INJEN $ FULCRUM $ FEDERAL TYRES $ VISUAL GARAGE $ ADVANCED PERFORMANCE CENTRE $ B C M $ NGK $ STRATIFIED $ AUTOTECH $ DBA $ REMSA $ DGR $ MORIMOTO $ JBR $ FUSION

Quote Originally Posted by DAN MPS 3 View Post

The maps are safe to daily
    The time period is simply waiting for the time to logs and the weather

The problems usually occur in the upper rev ranges that need to ironed out. Alex is very informative

Peter "SLIXX"

Currently RaydTuned

18. Default

That is some nice power and torque considering the amount of boost it is using

i will be getting this done as soon as i get a hpfp and upgrade to stage 2 ots!!

Cant wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Chasonie View Post
    i will be getting this done as soon as i get a hpfp and upgrade to stage 2 ots!!

Cant wait!
    Upgraded to stage 2 today

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    ~ Radiant Ebony 2005 Mazda 6 MPS ~
    SURE REM - SURE TIP & SRI - Corksport 3" DP - Custom Exhaust - DGR Coilovers - SuperPro RSB - CX Racing FMIC with a 2xs touch - 2xs SSP - NGK Iridium Plugs - Autotech FP internals - AWR TMM & PMM Engine mounts - COBB AP - Hankook
    Ventus S1 EVO2 225/45/18 on custom painted stock black rims - Gold Brake calipers
    Dagher Tuned 195kw atw / 425nm

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast