User Tag List

Thread: Detailers that do a great job

Default Detailers that do a great job

Does anyone know of any detailers that do a great job and a reasonably good price in Perth .

Not too happy with the job the dealership did.

Doesn't help it's black either

Thanks

Liam

@Caffeine Fiend might be able to point you in the direction of some good enthusiasts, they seem to do awesome jobs for less money than professionals

I did know of a decent detailer who would do my car ... unfortunately I think he has packed up his business.
    So thats not going to really help ...

I've heard of a really good one in Willeton area but can't remember the company might have to see my mate at auto pro again his black xr8 came up great and he had a huge brake fluid stain on the bonnet

Perth is a bit of a black hole mate. I don't really know of anyone I could recommend. If you were in any other state I could help

You can try here though

http://www.optimumcarcare.com.au/pro...t_dealers.html

Optimum normally have a reasonable standard for their detailers

Best I can advise mate. Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    @Caffeine Fiend might be able to point you in the direction of some good enthusiasts, they seem to do awesome jobs for less money than professionals
    Hmmm yes and no. Ideally you want a pro who is also an enthusiast. Either way you want someone who a) has a good, well documented portfolio of experience, b) is helpful and answers questions no matter how silly you think they might be, and c) loves cars

The last one might seem obvious, but there are a heap of detailers out there who care more about the money than the cars.

Don't get me wrong, a good detailer should charge top dollar for their work, but you should also always feel like you're getting your money's worth.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Caffeine Fiend; 27-05-2013 at 05:29 PM.
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Hi mate

I've used Mark from Freedom Car Care when I had the Golf. He Opticoated it and did a great job, has also done similar work on other VW's whose owners are very happy. Pricing was reasonable - slightly high but attention to detail is good. He's also in the link Dan provided above! and just noticed my old Blue Golf R is in his gallery pages

mark@freedomcarcare.com.au

0413 711 611
    Last edited by shakespeare; 27-05-2013 at 05:35 PM.
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

Thanks guys will look into both of those big issue with my car that's pissing me off is this ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369654944.438064.jpgnot sure what the dealer did here but I tried polishing it and it won't come out

Chris would you have Opticoat done again?

Quote Originally Posted by kmh001 View Post
    Chris would you have Opticoat done again?
    Hi Mal,

I'm seriously considering it with the Passat as the 2 1/2 year old paint is ok but could use some help. I'm either thinking of doing my own detail on it or getting Mark around to do it properly and Opti Coat it. Was going to wait for the next few months and for my house to finish before I decide. One of the VW forum guys bought a 135i recently and had that Opticoated and he's quite impressed with the results.

Do you have the XC70 yet? (apologies for the thread hijack!)

Quote Originally Posted by LAK89 View Post
    Thanks guys will look into both of those big issue with my car that's pissing me off is this ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369654944.438064.jpgnot sure what the dealer did here but I tried polishing it and it won't come out
    Ouch not sure what happened here? @Caffiene Fiend may be able to help?

11. Default

No worries man yeah I thought it was just wax runs or something maybe dried in detergent but nothing takes it off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm hard to tell. What have you tried to remove it with to date?

13. Default

Just autoglym polish and swirl remover don't really wanna start cutting into it incase I make it worse . After detailing the car myself all other issues I've removed just this stain marks that won't budge

Quote Originally Posted by shakespeare View Post
    Hi Mal,

I'm seriously considering it with the Passat as the 2 1/2 year old paint is ok but could use some help. I'm either thinking of doing my own detail on it or getting Mark around to do it properly and Opti Coat it. Was going to wait for the next few months and for my house to finish before I decide. One of the VW forum guys bought a 135i recently and had that Opticoated and he's quite impressed with the results.

Do you have the XC70 yet? (apologies for the thread hijack!)
    Wow this is really off topic, but yeah I have the XC70 and I'm really pleased with it. It continues to exceed my expectations. The straight 6 is super responsive and silky smooth, the transmission is intelligent and eager and the handling is brilliant with no under steer tendency, unlike my Kluger which needs two weeks notice before agreeing to negotiate a bend. I also bought a new car for my daughter and I'm considering getting them both treated if it will improve paint durability.

Gone to Volvo

Quote Originally Posted by LAK89 View Post
    Just autoglym polish and swirl remover don't really wanna start cutting into it incase I make it worse . After detailing the car myself all other issues I've removed just this stain marks that won't budge

It could be fixed with machine polishing but it would be something that a detailer would need to specifically look at. Can't really tell without looking at it in person (and even then sometimes it's hard to tell without trying a few different options)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Wow this is really off topic, but yeah I have the XC70 and I'm really pleased with it. It continues to exceed my expectations. The straight 6 is super responsive and silky smooth, the transmission is intelligent and eager and the handling is brilliant with no under steer tendency, unlike my Kluger which needs two weeks notice before agreeing to negotiate a bend. I also bought a new car for my daughter and I'm considering getting them both treated if it will improve paint durability.
    I'd recommend it mal. Dan did some excellent correction work on fats new Cx9 and my F6 which is crucial before the opticoat however it just continues to shine, gives more protection and will be easier to maintain.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Thanks mate, always good to have a recommendation from first-hand experience, you've convinced me to do it.

Thanks mate, always good to have a recommendation from first-hand experience, you've convinced me to do it.
    The deep shine, even under the last week of road grime and rain (un garaged) is hard to explain. The rain the other night basically washed the car for me!

MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    The deep shine, even under the last week of road grime and rain (un garaged) is hard to explain. The rain the other night basically washed the car for me!

Hahah it's pretty cool hey. There's just that knowledge that yeah the car is dirty, but just under that is lurking a shiney monster that would take very little effort to reach the surface.

Hey another thread jack question for the experts, my daughters Suzuki picked up some crap that looks like she dove through glue. It's not visible but the lowr surfaces feel like sand paper with all the grit embedded in this stuff. To take it off we used tar and bug remover which we massaged on with our fingers. Is it likely we removed the factory finish?