User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new tyres for gen 1, yes I searched and searched

Conti sport contact 5 are rated well too

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    225 45 18 for me as wlel... ku39s or try sumitomo htr zIII are highly recommended and very cheap
    Are the sumitomos still around? Last I tried a few places and they said sumitomo exists no longer. Will got for supersports in my next change but I'm really enjoying my ps3's

Quote Originally Posted by mech81 View Post
    Are the sumitomos still around? Last I tried a few places and they said sumitomo exists no longer. Will got for supersports in my next change but I'm really enjoying my ps3's
    Yes, quote from tirerack for 4x 225 45 18 was $720 shipped to your door.
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    Conti sport contact 5 are rated well too

They were rated 2nd to Michelin pS3

Quote Originally Posted by adriano90 View Post
    Yeah I've heard good things about the Michelin Pilot Super Sports. Here are worth $500-700 each or from the US for $210 each. Lol what a joke...tossing up between those or locally sourced Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric 2's....decisions decisions haha!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4...
    I've never rated the F1's, I find them doughy once they heat up.. Though it's been about 5 years since I've bought some.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    I've never rated the F1's, I find them doughy once they heat up.. Though it's been about 5 years since I've bought some.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
    Hmm thats Interesting Justin. What was your preference in tyre?

They have two versions though - the Assymetric and Assymetric 2, what im considering which is supposed to be improved. Its apparently the same if not better in the wet than the pilot super sports but lacks a little in the dry. I just dont know if I can be bothered with the hassel of importing the Michelins haha.

You ever run Michelins? I haven't come across an mps with the super sports...

2006 MPS 3 SPORTS - COSMIC BLUE

STYLING: LED Interior, Number Plate & Parker light replacements | Osram Cool Blue Intense HID Bulb Upgrade | CREE LED Fog Lights

PERFORMANCE: Whiteline RSB |
    SURE Anchors | SURE Shortcut | JBR 70 Trilogy | GFB Respons BOV | COBB APv3 - STAGE 1 | COBB SRI+BOX & TIP | Dual Resonator Delete | T3 Slotted Rotors (F&R) | Remsa Pads all-round |

COMING SOON:
    Downpipe | Autotech HPFP |

Yeah, I ran supersports on my 3.
    I like the michelins and pirellis these days.
    I used to rate the yokos but they are not the same that they used to be since they last changed the product lineup.

8. Default

+1 for Pirellis - what I have now. Definitely better once they get warmed up though.

I didn't mind the Falkens I had, but were great as an allrounder only, no specific strengths. Handled ok and were cheap, what I needed at the time.
    I had a set of Toyos that were sh*t, hated them. Straight line in the wet were great, cornering was mediocre, went out of round within 15k. So glad to see them go.

Pirelli's are on sale every so often too, so when that happens, great opportunity to purchase a set.
    3 MPS - Rolling on Pirelli PZero Neros, sitting on Bilstein B12's, stock internals... still makes me smile with the Zoom Zoom.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Yeah, I ran supersports on my 3.
    I like the michelins and pirellis these days.
    I used to rate the yokos but they are not the same that they used to be since they last changed the product lineup.
    Apparently with the super sports on our cars, traction loss is a thing of the past? Did you find this to be the case? Lol

Can't launch without losing 3 seconds to traction loss...purchased the car with pirelli p zero nero and falkens. Pretty average! Even tried switching them up, same shit...

2006 MPS 3 SPORTS - COSMIC BLUE

STYLING: LED Interior, Number Plate & Parker light replacements | Osram Cool Blue Intense HID Bulb Upgrade | CREE LED Fog Lights

PERFORMANCE: Whiteline RSB |
    SURE Anchors | SURE Shortcut | JBR 70 Trilogy | GFB Respons BOV | COBB APv3 - STAGE 1 | COBB SRI+BOX & TIP | Dual Resonator Delete | T3 Slotted Rotors (F&R) | Remsa Pads all-round |

COMING SOON:
    Downpipe | Autotech HPFP |

Quote Originally Posted by adriano90 View Post
    Apparently with the super sports on our cars, traction loss is a thing of the past? Did you find this to be the case? Lol

Can't launch without losing 3 seconds to traction loss...purchased the car with pirelli p zero nero and falkens. Pretty average! Even tried switching them up, same shit...

I still got traction loss but was pretty heavily bolted.. It was a night and day improvement however!
    Much better than the RT615 semi's but most semis are set up for lateral grip anyways..
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

11. Default

Dunlop sport maxx tt are still on sale at all beurepairs 225/45/18 for 260 a corner not bad even cheaper than ku39 prices I have been getting got to decide end of week cars just sitting in the garage

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by gotboost View Post
    Dunlop sport maxx tt are still on sale at all beurepairs 225/45/18 for 260 a corner not bad even cheaper than ku39 prices I have been getting got to decide end of week cars just sitting in the garage

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    KU39 performed better than Dunlop sport max at motor tyre shoot out

Ku39s are 190 on eBay 225 45 18. I'll be trying them after my 31s are done. Have heard dry grip is better but wet worse, but supposably very quiet tyres
    Unfortunately all tyres short of full slicks will spin on the 3 making any decent power that's the negative of fwd

Last edited by dazza; 05-06-2013 at 12:26 AM.

190 cheap

190 + shipping + fitting. will turn into a 210/220 tyre. compare with what you tyre shop can do.

Quote Originally Posted by projectrracing View Post
    190 + shipping + fitting. will turn into a 210/220 tyre. compare with what you tyre shop can do.
    Still a shitload cheaper than any shop has quoted

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12