User Tag List

Thread: VVT, crank pulleys torque setting

Default VVT, crank pulleys torque setting

Hey Fella's,

I hope you may be able to assist!. I need to know the torque setting when tightening the VVT and crank pulleys as I understand that it very important to tighten it to the required torque setting. it was a fairly high figure from memory.

Any assistance such as diagrams websites that may help would be greatly appreciated!

Silly question, do you have the alignment tools?

Hopefully my mechanic will have the alignment plate. I will be bringing that up for discussion when he is about to start the work. I just want to make sure he knows the required torque settings and understands that a diamond washer is required.

Anyone happen to know or have a diagram with the torque setting? I have Google it a number of times without success. May have to ring Mazda on Monday.

69-75nm for both camshaft gears/vvt unit

Crank 1st step of 96-104nm
    2nd step of 87-93 degrees

he will need cam alignment plate and crank pin and the rest is up to the mechanic

Thanks mate! your a champ!

Please advise your mechanic to treat this especially carefully.

Out of all the repairs on the MZR motor, the timing area is the most likely to be done wrong if the mechanic does not pay particular attention, and follow Mazda assembly instructions to the letter.

The consequences of not following those directions exactly is a high chance of complete or partial destruction of your engine.

I dont recommend this repair to anyone who is not familiar with the particular quirks of the MZR motor.