User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First WOT log 2800rpm - 4500rpm! 4th Gear

Default First WOT log 2800rpm - 4500rpm! 4th Gear

Hey guys, i did my first WOT log today to see how fueling and boost is looking, 2 things i will mention, i forgot the ac was on, also it was raining and the dsc was on. Is the ac on a no no when doing wot logs? also while i didnt sense any traction loss thats not to say the dsc wasnt doing its thing in the background. Basically before i do any corrections should i do another log incase my afr's are off because the dsc was kicking in or having the ac on might have affected them? I notice i boost spike alittle too 17.85 psi around 3,000rpm then it tapers off. Stage 1 targets 16.5 +- 1.5psi. Anyway hows my log look bearing in mind the ac on plus raining and dsc on? I only went to 4500rpm for this one incase there was some lean mixtures.

Cheers Mitch
    Attached Files Attached Files

tried to look at the log, but it doesnt display properly, might have to reupload it?

whats it look like?

i just had a look im currently using open office instead of excel and id say thats why its gone wacky, im not sure how it can be corrected, excel must format differently, anyone use open office lol?
    Last edited by mymps11; 23-05-2013 at 05:55 PM.

Yeah the log is shite mate, can't make out what is going on. I had the same problem with my first couple of logs and exported them again as csv and saved it. After that never had issues again. Unfortunately I don't know how to help you here.

hows this? ive attached another file
    Attached Files Attached Files

6. Default

It looks fine to me, you're hitting boost targets (all within abs 1.5psi), AFR is being hit (11.6), fuel pressures over 1600 during WOT, did you push the pedal to the metal? Your Accel. Pedal Pos. (%) looks like you didnt quite mash the accelerator.

well im sure i did, thats why im wondering if the dsc was mayby causing havoc with it raining, how exactly does it work when it senses traction loss? close the throttle plate, bleed off boost?

On the MPS throttle plate position @ 74-77 = accellerator position @100%
    two different things dont confuse them !
    log looks top notch mate, AFR's excellent, boost holding, no KR, now go do a full log and post results

awsome will.do mate what about the afr j
    umping round abit? in one cell it was 12.06 but otherwise its 11.6, 11.71, 11.14 etc. the other thing that had me worried is the boost spike around 3000rpm it goes to nearly 18 psi. yikes lol

18 psi should be okay just keep an eye on ya fuel pressure and afr's. Wouldn't go past 18 psi though lol.......

Quote Originally Posted by mymps11 View Post
    awsome will.do mate what about the afr j
    umping round abit? in one cell it was 12.06 but otherwise its 11.6, 11.71, 11.14 etc. the other thing that had me worried is the boost spike around 3000rpm it goes to nearly 18 psi. yikes lol
    Unless you have a HPFP I wouldn't push the boost,
    Your AFR can be perfected through a custom tune if you wanted

Is fuel pressure in the log?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

sure is mate

the boost spike will fromt from the time you went pass max boost and the ecu sorted out the wastegaste to release some pressure and bring it back down. and it was only half a second above that 17psi range.

would be good to see a full rev range and see what it does past max power and power begins to drop off and those stats start looking funky.

wot to redline.xlswell heres a wot log from 2600 - 6000rpm hows the log look? i noticed abit on knock retard around 3200 - 3300rpm. I need some assitance im using the formula where u divide the actual afr by the target to get your mulitpler then put that into atr under the correct maf voltage from the log to the corresponding voltage in the maf table, however now instead of my curve looking smooth it looks horrible, what am i doing wrong?

MAF cal shouldnt be done with a WOT log
    should have ignition timing in logging parameters
    knock of less than 1.0 can effectively be ignored

oh ok ive done the closed loop maf cal and got my trims within 4% -+ so how is the maf cal done for the upper gs regions? i thought you did a wot maf cal for your open loop fueling or am i totally confused? Cheers for the tip i will be sure to add ignition timing in my logs

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    MAF cal shouldnt be done with a WOT log
    should have ignition timing in logging parameters
    knock of less than 1.0 can effectively be ignored
    incorrect sammy! the CL MAF cal can ONLY be done from a wot log, you need to graph your corrected values and use the formula generated from that graph to generate your MAF cal values. it works very well! but it seems yours seems to hold quite well anyway! 1 or 2 more revisions and it will be like glass
    also KR below 2.0 is generally regarded as insignificant!
    heres a great read about it: Blog : Knock Retard (KR) Explained : Stratified Automotive Controls

hang on a sec now im confused, ive done my cl maf cal up to 83gs ive edited in atr im now wanting to edit 83gs and up using a wot log? but what worries me is a couple of lean mixtures and a boost spike of 17 - 18 psi at 3000ish rpm

Quote Originally Posted by rayd View Post
    incorrect sammy! the CL MAF cal can ONLY be done from a wot log, you need to graph your corrected values and use the formula generated from that graph to generate your MAF cal values. it works very well! but it seems yours seems to hold quite well anyway! 1 or 2 more revisions and it will be like glass
    also KR below 2.0 is generally regarded as insignificant!
    heres a great read about it: Blog : Knock Retard (KR) Explained : Stratified Automotive Controls
    O/L maf cals are WOT logs

C/L maf cals are for your LTFT's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast