User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: First WOT log 2800rpm - 4500rpm! 4th Gear

Quote Originally Posted by ledfootrob View Post
    O/L maf cals are WOT logs

C/L maf cals are for your LTFT's
    Yep, that's what said! (Excuse the typo)

ive done a wot log to calibrate my maf table in the 83gs and up range, where ever my afr is slightly off im doing my actual afr divided by my targeted afr, but when i enter the multiplyers into the maf table at the corresponding voltages my curve has dips in it and looks like rubbish as opposed to before entering the changes

3. Default

how much are your AFRs out by? what sort of percentage are you noticing?

The log looks pretty good to me. There will always be a little fluctuation in your AFR and its normal to have some knock around initial turbo spool up.
    What u want to look for is consistent knock in the same rev range in seperate logs. Just make small adjustments at a time, it doesn't matter if you need to do several adjustments to get it right.

target is 11.6 at loads over 1.22 im generally getting 11.6, 11.37,11.48,11.71 and a couple of 12.17(which really worry me) also the boost spike to 18psi(can anyone elaborate on how i can tune out this boost spike? see wot log for where im talking about)

Quote Originally Posted by ledfootrob View Post
    The log looks pretty good to me. There will always be a little fluctuation in your AFR and its normal to have some knock around initial turbo spool up.
    What u want to look for is consistent knock in the same rev range in seperate logs. Just make small adjustments at a time, it doesn't matter if you need to do several adjustments to get it right.
    ive made adjustments and it makes my maf curve up in the open loop region not smooth anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by mymps11 View Post
    ive made adjustments and it makes my maf curve up in the open loop region not smooth anymore?

Post a screenshot of you maf curve in atr.

maf curve.jpgi dont have a screen shot of when i made the adjustments for ol fueling, however this is how it looks currently with a cl maf cal being completed with ltft within 4%, i just noticed somthing of interest, in my wot log there are 2 cells together that have a 12.17 afr(too lean) and if i look what maf voltage was recorded and the gs also, then go into my maf table at the same voltage as the 12.17's in the log i have 112.78 gs flowing at 3.44 volt(now in the gs in the log are 117.49. Whats more interesting is at 3.44 volts on the maf curve if u look closely its has a slight linear drop off and isnt rising. so to me this tells me why im running lean, so therefore why arnt my multiplyers correcting my maf table by uping the grams per secound? thats why im geting dips when i put in new multiplyers because its lowering the grams per second, where i believe it should be raising them yeh?

When you do your O/L logs are you doing more than one at a time. If not you should try and do 2-3 and compare them. That 12.17 could be a one off especially as its at the start of the log and AFR can fluctuate slightly when you make large throttle changes, ie going WOT.

With the slight bump in your maf curve just highlight about 4-5 cells in the maf table and interpolate horizontally to smooth it out.

ive only done one wot from 2800 - 4500 and another from 2800 - 6500, i dont want to do anymore until i can correct this boost spike first, how do i go about doing that? i understand its to do with the wastgate duty cycle im just alittle confused by it all

ive only done one wot from 2800 - 4500 and another from 2800 - 6500, i dont want to do anymore until i can correct this boost spike first, how do i go about doing that? i understand its to do with the wastgate duty cycle im just alittle confused by it all
    Maybe look into etuning! I'm thinking of getting into the whole etuning scene myself! So if interested shoot me a PM!

i appreciate the offer mate ill see how i go, id rather learn how to do it myself with some help of course, i myself want to one day do e tuning also

Like you said in the OP target boost is 16.5psi +/- 1.5psi so its within the limits but you can reduce the WGDC in that rev range to help. You can reduce it by say 10% then do a log and raise it if needed.

yeh true i guess i was more worried on the longterm affects of having it building so much boost at such low rpm + the fact i have no hpfp upgrade

Like @rayd said. Get some FP internals and for peace of mind an e-tune might be something to look at. Use mazdaspeed forums too, you will get answers to everything there.

im determined to learn and do my own tuning, e tune isnt an option haha, might try mazdaspeed forums

Yeah its fun having control over everything. I had an e-tune done in 2012 and from there have done all my own tuning and have learnt alot. Once you understand what all the tables do it becomes less of a challenge. I make changes to my tune a few times a week. My gf complains about how much time i spend researching and when i go out to do logs in the middle of the night lol.

haha yeh i hear you, i have the same problem, they just dont understand, i say to my gf its somthing u would just never understand lol

haha yeh i hear you, i have the same problem, they just dont understand, i say to my gf its somthing u would just never understand lol
    Lmao my gf comes along for the logging!
    (Always on private roads of course)

hows this for a smooth maf curve, i found the horizontal interpoluation feature in atrmafcal revised.jpg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast