User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mazda 6 Mps 100,000km

Default Mazda 6 Mps 100,000km

Hi there new to the forum, On sunday I am going to look at a 2005 6 mps so far it looks great, however I do understand looks can be deceiving. Can anyone give me any tips on what I should be looking for when checking out the car mechanical wise? The car has 100,000km but only one owner. he wants $15,500 for the car

This thread should answer most of your questions:
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6711

Quote Originally Posted by skeino View Post
    Hi there new to the forum, On sunday I am going to look at a 2005 6 mps so far it looks great, however I do understand looks can be deceiving. Can anyone give me any tips on what I should be looking for when checking out the car mechanical wise? The car has 100,000km but only one owner. he wants $15,500 for the car
    Take straight down to a mechanic who works on these cars,they can suffer from smokey turbo syndrome, timing chain and VVT issues.

thanks guys, i am taking a mechanic from lube mobile and my partners father has a 6 mps which is well looked after so am taking that for comparison, however i will try get someone who works on them to have a look at it

btw does the asking price of 15500 sound reasonable for this car with this many kms, its the non leather pack also i am more interested in the engine of the mps rather then luxury features

thanks guys, i am taking a mechanic from lube mobile and my partners father has a 6 mps which is well looked after so am taking that for comparison, however i will try get someone who works on them to have a look at it
    Very important to take to a mechanic that knows these cars, lubemobile are too generic,what state u in.

Im in nsw, sydney

Im in nsw, sydney
    About right price, have a look on car sales in canberra there is a clean MPS6 the guy has pumped heaps of money into it selling 16000 will probably take less.not over the top mods too.

alrights thanks will check it out!

also the car i am looking at with the 100,000km has no mods at all if thats any benefit? its completely stock

No probs, let me know if interested ill be able to point u in the direction of some good mazda mechanic in canberra if u need to get it checked out.

also the car i am looking at with the 100,000km has no mods at all if thats any benefit? its completely stock
    Don't be put off with a car with mods , these cars can take some punishment, as long as it has a good tune to supplement the mods.

alright no worries mate, thanks for the help!

I paid $17,000 for a 2005 lux pack mps6 with 88,000 on the clock

He had it for $20,000

Hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by Zebbstar View Post
    I paid $17,000 for a 2005 lux pack mps6 with 88,000 on the clock

He had it for $20,000

Hope that helps
    That's cheap

A little tip, make sure car is cold when u test drive, when u first turn the key and it sounds llikes diesel car for a second walk away from deal.

To bad you are not in Victoria, my 2006 MPS6 is up for sale

Quote Originally Posted by Fats View Post
    To bad you are not in Victoria, my 2006 MPS6 is up for sale
    That's not the 1 up for $9000 is it?

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    That's not the 1 up for $9000 is it?
    $9000????? hell no!! lol

20. Default

A little tip, make sure car is cold when u test drive, when u first turn the key and it sounds llikes diesel car for a second walk away from deal.
    Fark that, you know it's either a VVT actuator or stretched timing chain, both cost the same amount in labor to replace - Use the noise as a negotiating tool, hack $3000.00 off the price, get it fixed for $1500 - $2000.00 and pat yourself on the back for a job well done.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast