User Tag List

Thread: Wire tuck. (sorry is this is in the wrong area.

Default Wire tuck. (sorry is this is in the wrong area.

I've ben doing some ready on overseas threads and seen some people doing wire tucks for their 6MPS but mostly with aftermarket intake manifolds. I was looking for some help or any advice on this as its something I was really looking into at the moment while I have a spare care to use. I did also read you can re wrap the main loom running over the rocker cover to get more room to re route the wires. I'm not looking for show quality just a nicer looking bay which I know is hard with these cars bit if anyone with any advice MPS6 or other models I would really appreciate your help. I'm not real keen to cut wires and re route but will if I have to. Thanks for any help in advance hope to get some ideas going soon
    D

Hmm not sure you'll find much info on here about it, its one of the less common mods as such and mostly done by MPS/speed owners overseas as you said

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I've trad this three times and still don't know what your trying to do...

Thanks for your quick replies guys I know its a pretty involved thing I've done a few on my My RA23 rotary Celica and my ST185 and 205. Just any ideas or pics of what people have previously done would be great. From what I've read alot of it is just re rerouting Earth wires useless sensors etc... Just quickly slightly off topic but I did start last night just after i took the intercooler off and noticed just above the radiator overflow there is a plug that has one of those speial zip ties to keep it in place (hahaha no funny jokes i know what a zip tie is :P ) it wasn't connected and I definatly didnt disconnect I'm guessing its a rain or low rad coolant or something like that any ideas ??? Thanks for your help Dazza

Quote Originally Posted by rayd View Post
    I've trad this three times and still don't know what your trying to do...
    Sorry mate I was half asleep when i wrote it do you mean Tried to read it three times or have tried 3 times to do it ?

Quote Originally Posted by slow6 View Post
    Sorry mate I was half asleep when i wrote it do you mean Tried to read it three times or have tried 3 times to do it ?
    lol tried and tired! ironic hehe

each to there own i guess but i really dont see the point, an engine bay is just that, an engine bay. All u are going to do is destroy the originallity of the car, not to mention cutting and re splicing wires, its just asking for trouble. But hey its your choice

I've seen some people with aftermarket intake manifolds and from what I can inderstand they unwrapped their original loom (the one that runs over the rocker cover to give the cois some extra space and re route everything and re done them up but alot of the have a "hks loom" that i've never heard of or seen before possibly an overseas thing. I was wondering if anyone on here had done or heard of anyone doing it. Any help you guys coud give would be great. I've done a smooth and tuck on my EG Civic when it was getting resprayed but thats alot different to my car. Also does anyone know about the connectors for the harness on the bronze bracket just next to the rocker cover on the intake side ?
    Thanks in advance for your help I really appreciate it I don't want to go crazy just tidy it up a bit see if I can getting it look a bit nicer lol.

Interested to see if you get anywhere with this, and if so how far! Dont have info for you but I can give you support! haha good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by rayd View Post
    lol tried and tired! ironic hehe
    haha yeah quite