User Tag List

Thread: Windscreen cleaning

1. Default Windscreen cleaning

The inside of my front windscreen has grease type marks on it. It has been like this ever since O'Briens fitted it after replacing my front windscreen.

I have now tried normal windex, orange oil cleaner and just wiping it (lots) with a paper towl and nothing seems to have shifted the greasy marks too much which really haze up in direct sun.

Anyone have any tips of what I can do to clean it ?

Thanks
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

I clean the inside of my windscreen with a mixture of methylated spirits and water in a spray bottle, wipe with a clean chux or similar, then rub it down with a soft towel to remove any streaking, works a treat

Blog Entries

I use 'Kitten' glass cleaner. Always comes up treat...but haven't had any serious things to clean off...

try a damp towel first to remove the greasey bits then go the methylated spirits and glass cleaner ..........

If you cant get it sorted Mel let me know and when i come back down (June long weekend) Ill fix it up for you

7. Default

Dan, I will be in Byron June long weekend with the QLD mob I will give it another go this weekend