User Tag List

Thread: Good Mechanic in west? Busted VVT and actuator! Werribee mazda?

Default Good Mechanic in west? Busted VVT and actuator! Werribee mazda?

Hi Guys,

My car has the annoying/scary ticking sound of a busted VVT and timing chain actuator.

Anyone know a good place in Melbourne, preferably western suburbs to get it fixed?

I am thinking of taking it to Werribee Mazda, has anyone had good/bad experiences with them?

Sorry if this has already been asked, just after the latest info !

If this helps at all...

(I'm from Perth so I dunno)

Reputable Mechanics All states

There are heaps in south east but I would never go to mazda coz there prices are scary. Try searching VVT thread here to find out more.

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15376

4. Default

Not alot of Mazda dealers like doing it, I'm getting the vvt kit from the states which has everything then getting it fitted at my mechanic cost about 700 all up, cheapest quote from mazda was at ringwood 1570 eek

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by gotboost View Post
    Not alot of Mazda dealers like doing it, I'm getting the vvt kit from the states which has everything then getting it fitted at my mechanic cost about 700 all up, cheapest quote from mazda was at ringwood 1570 eek

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Did u get the kit from Edge?

6. Default

Werribee Mazda. well you might as well take it to the zoo and ask a bunch of monkeys to fix it and ill put my money on the monkeys. actually wait now i think im insulting the intelligence of the monkeys.
    dont waste your time there. either go to city mazda or my mechanic. only thing is my mechanic is is cheltanham

oh n i forgot to mention i bought all my parts from edge too. the only thing i bought here was 4 diamond washers whcih cost an arm! so buy it from the states
    Last edited by dar_vedar; 17-05-2013 at 09:50 AM.

Agreed, Werribee Mazda are a bunch of hacks.
    Service manager has the intelligence of a 4 year old (if he's lucky). Tried telling me that by changing my air intake, warranty on ANY part of the car would be void.

Best bet is to look for a reputable mechanic. I have mine in Melton who gets all my scheduled services, has done so on all my cars, and is very knowledgable. If interested, PM me for his details.

+1 above as said about Weribee Mazda. Service manager is a total d***head. Guys, those of you who have serviced with Weribee mazda - put a review on the dealer review thread. A lot of members go through there so share your experiences there too.. a bit of time to do it but helps everyone here in the long run @dar_vedar @DisturbedDave

On another note, if you have to go to a dealer - Justan at GWS Mazda i fully recommend. He'll look after you - mention that Peter Slixx and Dennis pointed you to him.

Quote Originally Posted by dar_vedar View Post
    Werribee Mazda. well you might as well take it to the zoo and ask a bunch of monkeys to fix it and ill put my money on the monkeys. actually wait now i think im insulting the intelligence of the monkeys.
    dont waste your time there. either go to city mazda or my mechanic. only thing is my mechanic is is cheltanham

oh n i forgot to mention i bought all my parts from edge too. the only thing i bought here was 4 diamond washers whcih cost an arm! so buy it from the states
    What sort of price are we looking at from this guy? Might need to get mine done in future
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    What sort of price are we looking at from this guy? Might need to get mine done in future
    he charged me $700 without parts becasue i got the parts for him. he preps alot of racing and gt cars so you need to let hom a fair bit in advance if you need

Great advice thanks guys! I might give city Mazda a call.
    I'll update you on progress.

Finally got some time to update this thread:
    Well ended up taking car to Tony's mechanics in Gladstone park after I was quoted 2.5k + for the job from Mazda and Horsepower factory. Chris at Tony's with my assistance in providing all the info and parts needed to change the timing and oil pump chains, VVT actuator, engine mount, serpentine belt and bearings was able to complete job in 3 days for a rate of $800 Inc. I managed to get parts from Mazda for around the $700 mark. Well Car runs absolutely perfectly, nice and quite and smooth. advanced the timing a little while i was at it. made sure to to confirm 0 KR at all times after advancing so i'm now a very happy camper !