User Tag List

Thread: TNCC - Ongoing Challenge

Default TNCC - Ongoing Challenge

Thought I would share with you all the Project I have been working on to help my Brother-In-Law out.

My father has a boat which is fairly new. Gave hit it with some sealant and it looked stunning.
    Here it is:

I've been thinking about the idea of detailing a boat. My brother-in-law has just bought one and it is in need of some loving with the gel coat faded, oxidised etc.
    Heading to the south coast for the weekend to hopefully begin restoring it. The Vinyl will be removed, Will give it a full correction. A small test has been done by hand so will hopefully achieve good results with the DA.

Here it is in its current state:

After a weekend straight of working on it:

The boat still needs to have finishing coat applied & then all glass, seats, bimini covers, lights etc all put back on. The bottom part was extremely hard & managed to ruin 2 pads but that's ok.Here is a few pics:

Completely stripped:

Taped up all rubbers & metals:

Seat Before:

Seat After:

Top 50/50:

Top After:

Side Before:

Side After:

Side Before:

Side After:

Regarding the marks from where the stickers were, believe it or not but is as if gel coat as shrunk. These marks will not go away and are a fair bit higher than the rest of the coat. You could maybe wet sand them off but decided not going to do that and old vinyl stickers will be re-made or new ones put over existing places.
    Unfortunately the rego number was painted on as well from the factory most likely, so this will be tidied over.
    Will have more updates once finishing coat is put on & all other parts are added.

Great result Matt. A lot of real estate to cover!

Im impressed. A boat is a big job to tackle. It came up damned nice too.

Looks like a sportsman craft nice work mate

Cheers Guys. Work has not stopped on it. Here is more progess work on the scratches on lower hull.
    BTW the boat is called a Sunchaser. Built in 1993

Before:

After:

A bit more correcting before the finishing coat goes on. Will keep you all updated
    Last edited by MATMPS; 16-05-2013 at 10:14 AM.

Hull and fittout looks identical to sportman craft, un mistakable flare on the bow and chines. awesome job mate!

Just found that sunchaser purchased sportsman craft moulds! I had to search it lol

Cheers mate. Haha thats cool. Good to know someone else has a passion in boats

I worked at Malibu for a few years, I like boats lol

Yeah Malibu's are awesome. My neighbour had a Lewis which is virtually the same aye. The one at the very top is my parents. Sea Ray Sundeck with 350Chev

Lewis is not the same (slap) lol searay are nice, I got a 230 sundacer but it isnt in mint condition and the gelcoat is thin. Still floats so I don't care lol

Got some more work done on the boat over the weekend, Mainly on the lower hull as it had turned yellow and had its fair share of scratches etc.
    At some point in its life it looks to have been beached a fair few times and the gelcoat had chipped off.
    Before:

Some white gelcoat, then sand back, then another machine polish on foam pad. (Final wax coat still to go on)
    After:

& Some other bits were touched up.
    Chip on the side,
    Before:

After:

Now for final coat, put new vinyl's on (Hoping to receive this week) then put all windows, interior and other accessories back on.