User Tag List

Thread: Finally ready for TURBO INSTALL!

Default Finally ready for TURBO INSTALL!

Hey guys and girls,

After approximately a year of slowly gathering parts and installing them, today the Downpipe arrived which is the last part for the turbo install to work.

Basically it's a Hi-Flowed k04 done by GCG Turbos so nothing over the top, apparently efficient enough to hit redline effectively and should be good for ~22psi, not that i'm aiming for that pressure.

Anyway just wanted to see if there were any little parts or special tools that i'd need to successfully complete a Turbo and Downpipe install?

I know with the BNR you need to extend the oil line, if i'm replacing with an OEM is that required?

How about special spanners and wrench's?

Thanks Guys!
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

Special socket to remove the dp easier

Got rice bitch?!?

If such a thing existed

From my install, a 14mm drop spanner is worth its weight in gold for if you need to take the manifold off, o2 sensor socket for obvious reasons, if you can get rachet spanners they will save an epic amount of swearing (really good for getting the heat shielding at the back of the motor off), and a short spanner for when you have to tighten the DP bolts back up.

other than that, breaker bar and freeze and release spray.

lucky you not having an effin transfer box in the way

Also, not sure if it is the same as the 6, but if you can remove the black weather shielding at the back of the engine bay it gives you SO much more room to play with:

linky: How to: Free up room for turbo work - Mazdaspeed Forums
    1993 KL-ZE 626 - Written off
    2005 MPS6 - Me Boosta, GTX2867 Freektuned

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B000MQ7XRA

You at least need this to ease your installation

Got rice bitch?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Hey guys and girls,

After approximately a year of slowly gathering parts and installing them, today the Downpipe arrived which is the last part for the turbo install to work.

Basically it's a Hi-Flowed k04 done by GCG Turbos so nothing over the top, apparently efficient enough to hit redline effectively and should be good for ~22psi, not that i'm aiming for that pressure.

Anyway just wanted to see if there were any little parts or special tools that i'd need to successfully complete a Turbo and Downpipe install?

I know with the BNR you need to extend the oil line, if i'm replacing with an OEM is that required?

How about special spanners and wrench's?

Thanks Guys!
    What made you get the re worked K04

Re use stock lines + TIP

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    What made you get the re worked K04
    Someone poured $3000 into reworking a K04 and i got it for $1000 GCG says has everything they can do to a k04 without making it ballbearing.

Got a TIP already
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

James I should have all the tools required, I have the o2 socket etc.. should be fairly simple pull out and replace using old lines on k04 I would imagine.. get a can of inox and spray the fark out of all the bolts on the exh mani the dp is attached with and all around both o2 sockets. My primary o2 was completely fkd and basically welded onto the dp, had to get a new one.
    Last edited by dazza; 15-05-2013 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    James I should have all the tools required, I have the o2 socket etc.. should be fairly simple pull out and replace using old lines on k04 I would imagine.. get a can of inox and spray the fark out of all the bolts on the exh mani the dp is attached with and all around both o2 sockets. My primary o2 was completely fkd and basically welded onto the dp, had to get a new one.
    Where did you get it from?

INOX from Supercheap auto, and should i spray on while engine is hot? and then let it sit over night.
    MPSX-treme

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Where did you get it from?

INOX from Supercheap auto, and should i spray on while engine is hot? and then let it sit over night.
    Youll probably find if you spray it on hot it will just burn straight off, do it when cold and let it sit overnight.
    cant remember where i got it from, some distributer randomly online
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

I remember reading on MSF one guy who'd done lots of DP installs. He said he sprays them the day before, then the next day drives the car to get it hot, then in, jack up and spray again when hot and reacons they come out without a problem at all. Though they talk about a product called PB blaster if i recall?

I really didn't have that much problem with my DP etc bolts. Sprayed and sat over night with WD40, hit them with a breaker bar with a slight extention on it, and they came right off, I was expecting a whole lot more trouble but was happy they came off easy.