User Tag List

Thread: Reccomendations on Gen 2 MPS 3 First Modifications

Default Reccomendations on Gen 2 MPS 3 First Modifications

Hi Guys,

I purchased 2010 Black Mica Gen 2 MPS in July last year and I'm absolutely loving it! I've come to the point now though where i want to start doing some modifications but I'm not quite sure where to start off. I don't want to do anything too big to start with as I haven't done this before. Not sure if to start with suspension or engine mods - any suggestions? I was thinking of possibly starting with either a SRI or CAI (not quite sure which would be best), and a new exhaust to give me a few extra horses - would people suggest a Cat back or Turbo back? Or a FMIC??

If you guys have any suggestions as to where I should start that would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Body Bracing and RSB than Cobb AP port

Quote Originally Posted by 190MPS View Post
    Hi Guys,

I purchased 2010 Black Mica Gen 2 MPS in July last year and I'm absolutely loving it! I've come to the point now though where i want to start doing some modifications but I'm not quite sure where to start off. I don't want to do anything too big to start with as I haven't done this before. Not sure if to start with suspension or engine mods - any suggestions? I was thinking of possibly starting with either a SRI or CAI (not quite sure which would be best), and a new exhaust to give me a few extra horses - would people suggest a Cat back or Turbo back? Or a FMIC??

If you guys have any suggestions as to where I should start that would be much appreciated.

Cheers
    What's your budget?DP,SRI, and custom tune like ECUtec is a good place to start

Should answer your main question: http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/tech-...ir-intake.html

Now just use the search button. There's so much info about the questions you've asked.

SRI & DP are 2 cheap mods to start with..SRI for a bit of spooling noise which everyone loves & DP for a gain in performance and a deeper note. Then REM, Anti-Lift Kit, rear toe arm adjusters finished with an alignment by someone who knows how to work on an MPS....all cheap yet efficient traction mods...I could go on and on but unsure how much you want to spend

No matter what bolt on thingys you get, get a tune it over rides just bolting in way of HP

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by RedDjinn View Post
    Body Bracing and RSB than Cobb AP port
    Did u go body bracing @RedDjinn? How was that as a mod?

8. Default

For me the best mods I've done this far is a Rear Sway Bar, Rear engine mount, Cobb ap, and resonator delete for aural pleasure

Best bang for buck i did before tune was a corksport test pipe and a magnaflow muffler on a gen2, instantly felt better.

Pretty open ended question.

What are you trying to achieve - IE what is your end goal - figure this out first and save heartache and $$$.
    What is the budget for round 1?
    How handy are you with a spanner?

Quote Originally Posted by allo80 View Post
    Did u go body bracing @RedDjinn? How was that as a mod?
    Every bit of bracing I put in I can feel the difference. You feel it on turn in, it sharpens it up.
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Thanks for all the advice guys.

My budget isn't huge as I'm at uni so I'm not exactly rolling in it I would like to eventually get the car to approx 280-300kw but i know this is going to take a while to get there with my financial situation. I am planning on having this car for quite a while though so time isn't to much of a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by 190MPS View Post
    Thanks for all the advice guys.

My budget isn't huge as I'm at uni so I'm not exactly rolling in it I would like to eventually get the car to approx 280-300kw but i know this is going to take a while to get there with my financial situation. I am planning on having this car for quite a while though so time isn't to much of a problem.
    With your pov budget, Cobb ap for power and rear sway bar and REM for handling