User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Engine mounts for a 6MPS

Default Engine mounts for a 6MPS

Hi folks,

There seem to be plenty of threads discussing mounts for the 3, but very few with details for the 6...

I've got word last service that my stock driver side engine mount was sagging, and I have a Sure REM. So I'm looking at replacing them with new mounts.

The AWR 3 mount kit looks interesting, in 70 or 88 duro (any recommendations)
    Engine Mount Kit - Mazdaspeed6 2006-2007 - AWR Racing Store

Alternatively a CP-E REM and AWR driver side mount. Might be better as I can get a slightly lower duro REM (cpe is 60) and higher side mount? I'm not racing or anything.

What do you guys think?

There should be a bit of info on google regarding this, however my suggestions from previous experience with different brands (cough, SURE)
    Get JBR all around for your mounts, you won't regret it. 80duro REM JBR is your best bet, he is also releasing his passenger (driver for us) and transmission mounts in 80duro for the 6 within the next 2 weeks, I advise you to wait and get those. I currently have the AWR transmission and driver side, needless to say my transmission mount has failed and he's not willing to help me with replacement bushings unless I pay. JBR retains stock design for the driver side mount and will greatly reduce vibrations as the bushing is on the top rather than the side like AWR.
    Regarding diff mounts, your best option is CP-E rear and Turbine Tech front.
    That should be all you need to know
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

i have a CP-E rear diff mount and rear engine mount and the turbine tech one on the way for the diff too, am interested to know more about the transmission mounts, these only seemed to have popped up in discussion in the last month or so, how much are you looking at spending one one? what is the biggest improvement in getting one? smoother gear changes, or?

Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    i have a CP-E rear diff mount and rear engine mount and the turbine tech one on the way for the diff too, am interested to know more about the transmission mounts, these only seemed to have popped up in discussion in the last month or so, how much are you looking at spending one one? what is the biggest improvement in getting one? smoother gear changes, or?
    They really need to be replaced when you start to make big power, should definately help with gear changes, just helps bring everything together and tighten the car up. JBR is already released:
    Mazdaspeed 6 : James Barone Racing, Custom Fabrication
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

Just out of curiosity did you go the 70 or the 88 duro mounts from AWR?

I have some AWR 88 duro mounts sitting in my shed at home, yet to put them in as I went for a drive in a mps with the 88 duro mounts, for me it was too harsh, but when I was ordering them it recommended that the 70 duro would be far to soft for the MPS and it would tear them apart.

I am waiting for JBR to release the trilogy for the 6 and will get that in 80 duro, should be soft enough for what i want from the car.

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    There should be a bit of info on google regarding this, however my suggestions from previous experience with different brands (cough, SURE)
    Get JBR all around for your mounts, you won't regret it. 80duro REM JBR is your best bet, he is also releasing his passenger (driver for us) and transmission mounts in 80duro for the 6 within the next 2 weeks, I advise you to wait and get those. I currently have the AWR transmission and driver side, needless to say my transmission mount has failed and he's not willing to help me with replacement bushings unless I pay. JBR retains stock design for the driver side mount and will greatly reduce vibrations as the bushing is on the top rather than the side like AWR.
    Regarding diff mounts, your best option is CP-E rear and Turbine Tech front.
    That should be all you need to know
    1993 KL-ZE 626 - Written off
    2005 MPS6 - Me Boosta, GTX2867 Freektuned

So I got my JBR 90 duro mounts (drivers side and transmission) installed yesterday - was ready for the added vibrations, nothing too bad... but wasn't expecting the noise! From inside it sounds like my exhaust has been removed (reminds me of my brothers old GTO)! I expect it to soften down once I get a few km into it though.

On the plus side gear changes are easier and I don't feel the engine rocking around - so they are doing their job.

I run the AWR mounts with a JBR rear mount. The vibrations are definitely noticeable from the drivers seat, but not too bad from the passenger side. But it does change the car entirely, it definitely loses it's nice luxury car feel, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by SomePhoenix View Post
    So I got my JBR 90 duro mounts (drivers side and transmission) installed yesterday - was ready for the added vibrations, nothing too bad... but wasn't expecting the noise! From inside it sounds like my exhaust has been removed (reminds me of my brothers old GTO)! I expect it to soften down once I get a few km into it though.

On the plus side gear changes are easier and I don't feel the engine rocking around - so they are doing their job.
    90! ouch, I have 70 sides and 80 rear and its bad enough hehe

A very good way to describe it MadAussie - it's certainly no longer a luxury car. But much more fun!

I'm running the 90s on the side and 60? on the rear (left my Sure REM on since there is nothing wrong with it).

EDIT: Did I say 90 duro, I think I meant 80, they don't come in 90.
    Last edited by SomePhoenix; 08-07-2013 at 11:04 AM.

I thought I read somewhere on msf that they recommend keeping all 3 mounts the same duro? Will be going the JBR trilogy later this year which I think are all the same in either 70 or 80, guess it comes down to what you value more, better shifts or less vibes

11. Default

hi guys, rather than starting a new mount thread, hopefully someone can give me the answers I need..... I have a 2005 mazda6 MPS, diff mounts r farked, engine mounts are also, so I thought ill bite the bullet and do the lot at once and save effin around, im looking at a cp-e rear diff mount, turbine tech front mount, jbr trans mount 80 duro and jbr ms6trilogy80 3 mount kit. is there an Australian stockist/distributor for any of these or is it all gotta come from the US? also if anyone has these sitting in the shed and doesnt feel the need for them anymore, give me a shout. any help would be greatly appreciated, regards shaun

Quote Originally Posted by Fully6mps View Post
    I thought I read somewhere on msf that they recommend keeping all 3 mounts the same duro? Will be going the JBR trilogy later this year which I think are all the same in either 70 or 80, guess it comes down to what you value more, better shifts or less vibes
    Maybe... maybe not. I would keep the two main mounts the same duro, as they are the ones that support the engines weight. The rear mount serves a different purpose, so I would think it is OK for it to be different duro.

Sorry, wasn't implying there is a right or wrong way, meant to just say I read a comment on that forum along the lines of having all 3 the same would reduce vibes/noise or something, imagine it would be hard to tell the difference if one mount was slightly higher/lower duro anyway.

In any case, if anything goes wrong with my Sure REM i have a JBR REM sitting next to me...

Have you thought about swapping the REM anyway to see if any difference between the jbr/sure?

Once the vibs settle a bit I might (and i hunt down some rattles).

At least the REM is the easy mount to change out, though I dont have the tools/room/strength to do it myself.

Just a quick follow up. I've about about 200km now on the new mounts, things are starting to settle down. It's more like a normal car with a decent amount of engine noise, no longer a luxury car with a very quiet engine. But no rocking from the engine, much smoother gear changes etc.

I (with the help of a friend) managed to track down 4 major sources of rattles and squeeks.
    1. Rear shelf had low frequency vibrations - jammed a large peice of dense foam between the chassis and and shelf from a hole in the boot.
    2. Coin tray on the right - some stick on foam strip jams it up nicely.
    3. Steering wheel horn button/cover - jammed about a 4cm long thin peice of foam in the top. Trimmed so it's hard to see.
    4. Ash tray, I think this was vibrating, or the cover/flap - Some stick on foam on the removable part, we'll see.

Still some small noises, but they are getting harder and harder to find.

I have a 80A cpe EEM
    have 80A JBR mounts waiting to go in

Didn't notice that much vibes from the REM

Digging up a very old thread here....

I'm thinking CP-E Rear Engine Mount on my newly acquired MPS 6. Any huge objections? They seem to be the most consistently well-reviewed. Plus smooth shifts, good response, without "ridiculous" vibrations.

Good choice. James Barone and Damond Motorsports also offer rmm, vibes will initially be bad but reduce after 500-1000km of driving. It's when you start adding driver side and transmission mounts you get the really bad vibes!

The only objections I would give you in terms of mods is if you look at buying from mps garage, or sure Motorsport products lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast