User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: performing a closed loop maf cal!

Default performing a closed loop maf cal!

hey guys, i just did a few closed loop maf logs to calibrate my cl maf. However i dont know if ive.done it ryte, when i read the log what am i looking for to tell me if i didnt enter open loop for.example? i accelerated as progressively as i could and got.to just over 100gs at 5109 where i was at 38.59 pedal position. is this log clean enough to use to.calibrate? @sarcastic one

cheers mitch

2. Default

What are your LTFT like?

What tuning software are you using?

deceleration(accelerator let off) -3.9 light cruise -0.8 to -1.6 however at a certain throttle position i get a -8.6(light cruise quiet regularily)

MPS2NV: atr(cobbs software) i have an acess port

How do you correct the maf table, have you got a work sheet or what?

I mean, what do you do with your fuel trim% from your log?

yeh sorry, im using microsoft excel, i just dont want to start messing round im my logs wernt done properly and have the ryte information

9. Default

Have a look at this youtube vid, may help

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...BBDBEB6A079A00

Abilors guide also has a good section on MAF Cal

In terms if you have the data, have a look at the log file via excel and see what your LTFT are doing as the g/s increases. As soon as the LTFT have gone to 0, you've entered open loop.

As long as you've smoothly gained g/s whilst in closed loop the data should be good.

Is there a guide to follow?

11. Default

Abilors tuning guide has a great section on MAF cal
    Abilor's Tooning Guide for Noobs - Mazdaspeed Forums

ah thankyou just what i wanted to know, ive gone to 0 before 100gs so those logs are no good then are they? there is a help file but its very basic,i might read abilors guide again

So its pretty close to VT
    I would guess you need to select some PIDs defined in the guide which you must be doing right, probably try and show MAF volts on your AP to watch while you go for a drive.
    each cell is in incriments of 0.39v, I have been taking a tick sheet with me for maf cal, hold the car at a steady voltage point for a few seconds ie 1.2v, then go to next voltage and so on (when you review your log it should look like steps) the maf volt and throttle plate position should be parralle, the actual lambda and desired lambda should be the same, at that point your ltft% will be correct
    Every man should have a V8 ute.....with a Chev badge.....and a Southern Cross sticker! Mods? What mods?

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mymps11 View Post
    ah thankyou just what i wanted to know, ive gone to 0 before 100gs so those logs are no good then are they? there is a help file but its very basic,i might read abilors guide again
    Its not that they wont be any good, just means that you might not have all the data over the higher LTFT break points. I found it difficult to get to 100g/s without going into open loop.

yeh with the ap u can only view one parameter at a time unfortunately, so i set it to maf gs and watch this while i accelerate, i log maf gs, maf voltage, pedal pos,ltft and rpm

Quote Originally Posted by allo80 View Post
    Its not that they wont be any good, just means that you might not have all the data over the higher LTFT break points. I found it difficult to get to 100g/s without going into open loop.
    yeh thats what im finding also, if i dont accelerate quiet as much i run out of rpm

Are those PIDs whats recommended to watch?

Quote Originally Posted by MPS2NV View Post
    Are those PIDs whats recommended to watch?
    yeh sure is

Is the only part of info you need the LTFT%?

for the maf table?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast