User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HPFP nessasory or not?

When a TMIC and auto tech kit comes in at under a 1k why wouldn't you.

Just installed a HPFP... easy to do even for a novice Worth the $$$ for the peice of mind! STAGE2 here I come...

Stock > STAGE1 was a big difference... Hoping STAGE1 > STAGE2 is just as good!!

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    What do you mean reduces turbo spool?
    He would (de)tune the car in such a way that it would make more power up top, but wouldn't spool up as quick. So it made the cars mid-range more manageable for the fuel pump...

Whereas if you replace the CDFP you can make it punch hard through-out the RPM range and not have to tip-toe around the fuel pump. Makes no sense for a part that cost so little and can unlock so much, epecially when you fork out $$$$ for a retune.
    Last edited by DAN MPS 3; 11-05-2013 at 11:48 AM.
    SG9 XT: VF34 P20, Tomei headers, STI intercooler HSD coilovers, Brembos and much more...

Quote Originally Posted by DAN MPS 3 View Post
    Just installed a HPFP... easy to do even for a novice Worth the $$$ for the peice of mind! STAGE2 here I come...

Stock > STAGE1 was a big difference... Hoping STAGE1 > STAGE2 is just as good!!

He would (de)tune the car in such a way that it would make more power up top, but wouldn't spool up as quick. So it made the cars mid-range more manageable for the fuel pump...

Whereas if you replace the CDFP you can make it punch hard through-out the RPM range and not have to tip-toe around the fuel pump. Makes no sense for a part that cost so little and can unlock so much, epecially when you fork out $$$$ for a retune.
    What brand did you get Dan?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
    Mazda6 MPS

BNR STAGE 1 - COBB ACCESSPORT STAGE 2 - CP-e HIGH PRESSURE FUEL PUMP - CP-E DOWNPIPE - 3" MAGNAFLOW ZORST - DENSO ITV22 SPARK PLUGS - COBB SF INTAKE - COBB TURBO INLET PIPE - JBR 70a TRILOGY MOUNTS - SURE ANCHORS - SURE COUNTERWEIGHT - 2XS SHORT SHIFT PLATE - 2XS STEALTH BLOW OFF VALVE - KING PERFORMANCE LOWERED SPRINGS - BILSTEIN B8 SHOCKS - WHITELINE REAR SWAY BAR - DBA 4000 CROSS DRILLED ROTORS - HAWK PERFORMANCE HPS BRAKE PADS

Hey Dan do u need a retune if u get a HPFP?

You dont need a tune JUST for the addition of a HPFP.
    If you are using cobb OTS maps then you are fine, if you have a custom map I would get a retune to test health and reap the benefits.

Currently brandwise AutoTech are the bomb
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckie Cheese View Post
    What brand did you get Dan?
    Autotech. Little bit of a wait... but it came eventually.

You don't need to. It operate the same as stock. It will supply more fuel when needed but other then that it runs perfectly fine.
    SG9 XT: VF34 P20, Tomei headers, STI intercooler HSD coilovers, Brembos and much more...

Also for people on the fence about HPFP Internals, you have no excuse not to get them now!

For those who didn't see my COBB FAQ bump (http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/ecu-m...ort-faq-2.html) you now can run STAGE2 without a downpipe.
    You literally only need a COBB AP, HPFP and Race/Test Pipe and you can run a STAGE2 map.

Cheap out-lay for decent gains in driveability, (surprisingly) fuel economy and performance I rest my case...

What do you mean reduces turbo spool?
    Brett detuned the car, so on stock turbo it took until about 3500rpm to hit 16psi... Should hit that under 3000rpm
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Brett detuned the car, so on stock turbo it took until about 3500rpm to hit 16psi... Should hit that under 3000rpm
    The only turbo that is allowed to hit full boost at ~3500RPM is a GTX30... the stock turbo would hit full boost in a heart-beat and kick you in the guts!

It's a laugh you pay to make you car 'faster'... and it is essentially detuned. What a waste, the COBB AP OTS Maps (which are pretty soft for safety sake) make the stock car boost hard.

can see all their bollocks here:
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...ze=1719%2C1040
    sorry, it hit 16psi at 3800rpm
    the engine hits a max load of ~1.6-1.7, most tuned cars will hit 2.0
    so, yeah... i consider this car "detuned"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DAN MPS 3 View Post
    The only turbo that is allowed to hit full boost at ~3500RPM is a GTX30... the stock turbo would hit full boost in a heart-beat and kick you in the guts!

It's a laugh you pay to make you car 'faster'... and it is essentially detuned. What a waste, the COBB AP OTS Maps (which are pretty soft for safety sake) make the stock car boost hard.
    can hit 20psi by 3200rpm with a GT/GTX30..
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by sarcasticone View Post
    can hit 20psi by 3200rpm with a gt/gtx30..
    epic (mrt) fail
    Last edited by DAN MPS 3; 11-05-2013 at 04:14 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12