User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grimspeed ebc install - mazda 6 mps

The occasional tick is fine, you didn't say it was like a typewriter on cocaine... It only did it once though, I have not heard it since (for the rest of the drive).

I am thinking of mounting it near the fuel pump, there is a bracket there that is holding things that should do nicely for it. Or just let it tick, reminds me that it is working.

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    Haha, I remember you telling me it won't be that bad or you'll just ignore it! Another thing is because it's mounted directly to the threaded bolt which is connected to the chassis there might be vibration through that bolt and thus any sort of dampening might only do so much. Still worth a shot though. I didn't have time to sort this on the weekend. However I did sort out my boost control issues and now holding boost (rather than over boosting) which is nice. Will chase the vibration noise as the next mod to the car.
    1993 KL-ZE 626 - Written off
    2005 MPS6 - Me Boosta, GTX2867 Freektuned

It sounds like the noise is from the solenoid being energised and de-energised,the best bet would be to move it as far from the firewall as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by camo2310 View Post
    It sounds like the noise is from the solenoid being energised and de-energised,the best bet would be to move it as far from the firewall as possible.
    Or get a 3" TBE, guarantee you wont hear nothing then.... lol

sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
    Ezy-Flash Pro - GTX2867R - NPC Clutch/Solid State flywheel - Autotech Fuel Pump Internals - ATP 3" TIP - Cobb SRI - NGK Plugs - CPE FMIC - 2XS Dump Pipe/100 Cel Cat - 3" Custom CatBack Exhaust - TRMotorsport MT1 18x8.5's -Michelin Pilot Super Sports 245/40/18 - DBA Slotted Rottors - Remsa Pads - 60mm Boost Gauge in middle vent - Bilstein B8 - Kings - Turbosmart BOV - emblemless front grill - debadged rear - 2WD Switch

i meant to reply to this thread, but forgot what part of the forum it was in and couldn't find it, lol, anywho, since getting the tune done i don't think it fixed the ticking, i think i've kind of learned to just ignore it so i don't notice it anymore, lol

I've only had time to try a rubber backing on mine which (as @rayd suggested) doesn't work. It perhaps helps 5% with the noise but it's still there. I can make a bracket to take it off the firewall but to be honest I can't be bothered spending the time doing that if it doesn't fix the problem so I'll look at relocating it and most likely need to lengthen the plumbing lines.

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    I've only had time to try a rubber backing on mine which (as @rayd suggested) doesn't work. It perhaps helps 5% with the noise but it's still there. I can make a bracket to take it off the firewall but to be honest I can't be bothered spending the time doing that if it doesn't fix the problem so I'll look at relocating it and most likely need to lengthen the plumbing lines.
    @rogwick, lol I said that I tried it and it did not work! Hence why I suggested to move it to the bracket near the TIP.
    That definitely shut it up

Quote Originally Posted by rayd View Post
    @rogwick, lol I said that I tried it and it did not work! Hence why I suggested to move it to the bracket near the TIP.
    That definitely shut it up
    Yeah I know, but I cast a spell on mine holding my magic wand thinking it would help. Wand must be faulty haha! I'll be moving mine at some point.

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12