User Tag List

Thread: 2015 Mazda3 interior spied for the first time

Default 2015 Mazda3 interior spied for the first time

Filed under: Frankfurt Motor Show, Spy Photos, Hatchback, Mazda

In terms of exterior appearance, not much has changed from the last time we spotted the next-generation Mazda3 out testing. Oh, sure - we can see plenty of details that clearly show the new Kodo design influence (that front end reminds us a whole lot of the sleek new Mazda6), but these latest round of spy shots don't really show us anything we haven't seen before. Oh, wait, yes they do - the interior.

Feast your eyes on the Mazda3's insides, showing a vastly reworked interior that also takes cues from the automaker's most recently refreshed products. We can see that there's a simple, clean center stack with a slim row of heating and cooling functions, and up top there's a large, presumably touchscreen display, with redundant controls found just aft of the shifter.

We expect that the 2015 Mazda3 will debut at the Frankfurt Motor Show this September, packing both petrol and diesel engines. A sedan variant is also in the works, and should debut shortly after the hatchback.2015 Mazda3 interior spied for the first time originally appeared on Autoblog on Wed, 08 May 2013 11:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
    Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...

That Interior looks sexy!

That interior looks hot. I hope they offer this with a manual transmission. Good to see the handbrake on the proper side aswell. Looks like all radio controls are down near the cupholders like they are on mercedes aswell

The interior looks quite spartan, and what's with what looks like a single DIN size radio? Interesting how the LCD is mounted top of dash too, and not integrated into the lower housing where most of them go. My humble 2006 MPS3 is currently undergoing a similar process with top mount LCD and stock stereo still there, so it kind of looks similar

Can't say i'm that excited about it nothing cutting edge about the ergonomics, I think the current set-up is better.

Quote Originally Posted by MPSBNE View Post
    Can't say i'm that excited about it nothing cutting edge about the ergonomics, I think the current set-up is better.
    Same cant say its bowled me over, think the gen2's are nicer (wish the drivers seat sat lower tho)
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Interior is nice but im sorry the front looks too much like a lancer for me

The whole centre console looks like its been lifted from a merc or a bmw.. but in a good way.

If only it would look like this... It probably won't...

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    The whole centre console looks like its been lifted from a merc or a bmw.. but in a good way.
    Agree. I had to do a double-take!

I like the interior, wonder if the hand brake position and shape of the centre console will reflect the conversion to RHD?