User Tag List

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Eonon D5151A Replacement Head Unit

Installed my maps today, fairly straight forward.
    Follow instructions for iGo Primo 2.4, and then updated with the files that were linked earlier in this thread.

The GPS and iGo Primo really is the saving grace for me, it's the highlight of the unit and well implemented.

What issues are you having, @robbo5121 ?

Contacted Eonon about the BOSE Volume control issue - they think it's to do with the factory BOSE Amp, and linked to this thread.
    Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by bodyboardingbum View Post
    Contacted Eonon about the BOSE Volume control issue - they think it's to do with the factory BOSE Amp, and linked to this thread.
    Thoughts?
    Likewise - They emailed me with that today. Suggested I also try another phone with the Bluetooth pop, but no bingo. I just make sure the volume is on 2, that way it usually doesn't pop.

Quote Originally Posted by diggidydogg View Post

Has anyone tried the NFC functionality?
    Yep - it requires Bluetooth to be on, which is somewhat silly though as Bluetooth will autoconnect anyway. I couldn't seem to re-write the NFC like a tag so that I could define my own NFC behaviour. Ideally I wanted to wave the phone, it turn on Bluetooth, pair with the Eonon and put into car mode. On reswipe turn off Bluetooth and car mode... probably just by a NFC tag.

5. Default

Got the maps working, although id like the igo instead of the kudos, cant figure out the install maybe im missing something, love the unit though, looks stock and great features, couldnt reccomend it more!

Quote Originally Posted by robbo5121 View Post
    Got the maps working, although id like the igo instead of the kudos, cant figure out the install maybe im missing something, love the unit though, looks stock and great features, couldnt reccomend it more!
    What is your response in regards to the comments made by @bodyboardingbum? I'm interested to hear what you (and everyone else) has to say about the points he raised.
    --> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

You'll need to "find" a copy of iGo Primo 2.4 and download. From there, follow the install instructions with your download, and the ones included with the Australian maps linked earlier in the thread.
    Then, change the Navigation directory in the settings of the Eonon to point at the .exe file on your maps SD card.

Im not accepting Eonon's answer for the volume issue on BOSE systems, shouldn't need to cut and stock wires when this is meant to be "plug and play". I'm certain that a firmware update could resolve...

Apart from that, the unit is growing on me. Bluetooth hands free works well with my iPhone 5.
    BK MPS3 Sports - Work Meister S1R
    CP-e Catalogue. JDM Goodies.

8. Default

Thanks @bodyboardingbum & @nath for answering my questions. I'm going to have a crack at installing mine tmoz so I'll let you know how I go...

Eonon emailed me a different firmware this afternoon, will install and test - then let you know how i go.

Eonon emailed me a different firmware this afternoon, will install and test - then let you know how i go.
    Filename nwd_703? I flashed and it didnt change anything. Update process took 4 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by nath View Post
    Filename nwd_703? I flashed and it didnt change anything. Update process took 4 mins.
    Yep, that's the one. Will see how i go, but expecting the same results
    If we keep bugging them Nath, eventually they'll fix it! haha

Yep, that's the one. Will see how i go, but expecting the same results
    If we keep bugging them Nath, eventually they'll fix it! haha
    Here's hoping. There are some unhappy people over on the mazda3forums in the US. They should just opensource the interface and let people play.

13. Default

Did my install today... Was a bit fiddly but got there in the end. I must admit I'm not overly impressed with it... but I can't really complain because I new exactly what I was getting . I love all the functions and the interface, but the bluetooth connection pop, static noise on mute, fitment (even with the coin trick) and the volume issue (1= silent, 2= too loud) really bothers me.

Hopefully the unit will grow on me over the coming weeks, otherwise might have to revert back to the stocky and look at other options.

Eonons response to the issues raised is fairly hopeless IMHO... but I suppose the fact that they even responded is a good thing I guess. Hopefully they can come up with some new firmware which will fix a couple of the problems.

Glad to hear your install was fairly straight forward - but it sounds like your impression is much like mine, unfortunately.
    The unit is growing on me, but there's something things that are driving me insane too.

Popping sound from bluetooth has come back, regardless of volume now - odd.
    There is no sound from keypresses on the stock climate control, demister, vent selector, etc - This one is really annoying me, and i didn't see it mentioned anywhere either?

The unit itself has a few stability issues, it's bugged out on me while driving a few times - having to pull over, turn car off, wait a few minutes, then start again.

Quote Originally Posted by diggidydogg View Post
    Did my install today... (even with the coin trick)
    Coin trick? I didn't need to prop mine up at all and fits without gaps.

16. Default

Quote Originally Posted by nath View Post
    Coin trick? I didn't need to prop mine up at all and fits without gaps.
    Dangit, I should've taken you up on your offer of assistance! Turns out I'm going to have to do a refit anyway as I somehow managed to mess up the AUX cable. I think my clip work could be a bit better too....

WHats the coin trick guys? The climate control panel below is getting shaky and it wasnt before. I might have to take the unit out and readjust it again...

18. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mech81 View Post
    WHats the coin trick guys? The climate control panel below is getting shaky and it wasnt before. I might have to take the unit out and readjust it again...
    This thread mentions the 'coin trick' - Eonon D5151 Quick Gap Fix - Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum

Actually my climate control panel is a bit shaky too... I think it might have to do with my dodgy clips. For me attaching those awkward clips to the unit with the tiny screws was the hardest part of the whole install!

Update: Eonon still cannot provide me a solution. They have tried the it costs 60 bucks but you pay 40 bucks email to get me to send it back.. and just suggested I do the custom loom on mazda3forums in order to bypass the bose amp. Don't think they have a viable solution for either issues.

They've gone cold-turkey on me, and haven't replied back again yet.

In other news, my sub + amp combo arrived in the post today. When installing, should i remove the stock BOSE Amp+Sub, or just leave it there and connect this via the Sub connection on the Eonon?
    Thinking i can leave stock as it is, and just add another controlled via the aftermarket Amp + Sub output channel on deck.

Thoughts?

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast