User Tag List

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Eonon D5151A Replacement Head Unit

Just ordered the new GS5163, I'll let you know how it goes!

Ok any gen1 owners interested in the new GM5151 unit here;

http://www.eonon.com/Car-DVD-Players...da/GM5151.html

Head over to Mazdas247 as Eonon have offered a group buy

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showt...ghlight=GM5151

Also on their site they say it is not iOS7 compatible, but in their thread on Mazdas247 they confirm it does indeed work.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    --> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

Disappointing, they simply bring out a new version instead of addressing the issues with the old...

Curious to see if this fixes the BOSE issues.

As am I. I think this is more a "supplementary" version as its a different range and they'll still be carrying the D range.

I won't be getting the new one. The only reason for me to change is so I can get google maps onto my screen. The current GPS on my unit is good for another year or so...

Quote Originally Posted by mech81 View Post
    I won't be getting the new one. The only reason for me to change is so I can get google maps onto my screen. The current GPS on my unit is good for another year or so...
    Yeah I wouldn't be changing either if I were you, more so for anyone who is thinking of getting one and doesn't already!

Anyway, I sent Eonon a message on M247 with a few questions:

-------------------

Hi Eonon,

I've just got a couple questions about the new headunit from you guys, the GM5151.
    On the old D5151, a few of the guys from my MPS forum in Australia seemed to have troubles with volume control, as well as a loud "pop" that would happen through the speakers when a device was connected to the unit through bluetooth. I'm wanting to know if these issues have at all been resolved with the GM5151?

--> http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/car-a...ad-unit-3.html <--

Here is the thread on our forum, perhaps you could join and have some input as well? In regards to the issues, they are listed in post #105 on the thread.

Looking forward to your reply,

Regards,
    Alex.

------------------

And I got the following reply:

-----------------

Hi Alex,

Thanks for PM me.

About the volume control, we have an upgraded software to upgrade the MCU program of the Head Unit, so the issue can be solved.

Eliminate the popping: You could add an audio filter A0321 Eonon -Low Price!!! Car DVD | Car Monitors | Car GPS Navigation to the BOSE sub audio input and see if it helps.

Thank you for letting me know the other car audio forum, I'll check it a bit later, thanks.

Best Regards
    Carlos
    eonon.com

-----------------

So it seems they have done a software upgrade in regards to volume control. Now I'm not sure if this update can be downloaded onto the D5151 but seems it is installed on the GM5151.

Also, has anyone tried something like the audio filter that they suggest? On that page it also says:

"Please note, there are many reasons that cause noise problem. This filter can only remove audio noise, or reduce audio noise and may NOT remove all problems of noise. If noise caused by power circuit, you will need a noise filter for power wire"

It is referring to this product --> Eonon -Low Price!!! Car DVD | Car Monitors | Car GPS Navigation <--

Thoughts anyone?
    --> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

@GibbA
    That device they suggested isn't for popping - its a ground loop isolator to remove any potential ground loop buzzing/ humming.

regardless, they can be had locally here
    Altronics - C9555 Hum and Noise Eliminating Audio Coupler

Also, If anyone with BOSE is concerned about compatibility i'm happy to perform BOSE support wiring modifications to the non-bose units upon request.

New GM5163 arrived today! I'll update you all on the quality and improvements including phone mirroring!

Going to get @Rayd to do his thing with the install!

Looking at your photo, the quality of the exterior fascia does look much better than the previous model along with dials..

10. Default

Gday. Can anyone tell me where i can get a double din dash kit for my 05 mps 6 or does only the single fit?

Default Matching our interior colour

Hi everyone,

I too have been interested in the Eonon head-units. However, my interior is the silver/grey colour so I e-mailed Eonon to ask if they had ones that matched some of the MPS's with the grey/silver interior. They replied asking for pics of my interior so that they can consider bringing out a unit that matches the interior and also said they would do it if there was a demand for them.

So if anyone has a grey/silver interior, i'd suggest sending them an e-mail and maybe they bring out one that matches some of the MPS interiors.

Quote Originally Posted by mdraniga View Post
    Hi everyone,

I too have been interested in the Eonon head-units. However, my interior is the silver/grey colour so I e-mailed Eonon to ask if they had ones that matched some of the MPS's with the grey/silver interior. They replied asking for pics of my interior so that they can consider bringing out a unit that matches the interior and also said they would do it if there was a demand for them.

So if anyone has a grey/silver interior, i'd suggest sending them an e-mail and maybe they bring out one that matches some of the MPS interiors.
    Yeah that's probably the main thing that annoys me is the difference between the black unit and silver climate, was looking at swapping the climate for a black one

Do NOT buy the GM5163!!! I purchased mine 2weeks ago and after fitment the internal microphone for the Bluetooth just stopped working after 2 days of being in the car! I contacted Eonon and they take 4-5 days to reply to an email. After uninstalling and reinstalling the microphone worked again for another 3days, only to stop working for no real reason again!!! I have contacted EONON again asking for a Refund and surprise no reply to my Emails 4days later! I would not recommend this unit to anyone! The Radio reception is also so poor I could only listen to AM without getting static! Very Disappointing!
    It's like a tornado, inside it's own metal house

So, it's the ashes... Didn't realise you needed any other stations

(In more seriousness, that sucks )

Quote Originally Posted by Robmps View Post
    Do NOT buy the GM5163!!! I purchased mine 2weeks ago and after fitment the internal microphone for the Bluetooth just stopped working after 2 days of being in the car! I contacted Eonon and they take 4-5 days to reply to an email. After uninstalling and reinstalling the microphone worked again for another 3days, only to stop working for no real reason again!!! I have contacted EONON again asking for a Refund and surprise no reply to my Emails 4days later! I would not recommend this unit to anyone! The Radio reception is also so poor I could only listen to AM without getting static! Very Disappointing!
    Dam, can't Ray fix?
    can fix pretty much anything else
    //BNR3//HDI FMIC//HTP 3" intake//
    // Ecutek tune//CPE DP/ HPFP//
    // Tein performance street Coilovers //
    // Whiteline RSB// 240kwATW bum Dyno //

Ray offered to fix but it's a brand new unit why should we try to fix it.

Oh crap that sucks - their customer relations suck even more...

If anyone is interested in the harness used to bypass the stock amp shoot me a PM as I no longer have a use for mine. I dont believe you can buy these harnesses any longer.

Hi all,

I too have installed the Eonon, for the price the unit is definitely worth it.... However the bluetooth pop is killing me.... sometimes it doesn't occur, other times it's a quiet pop and it can also be very loud and painful (Very rarely though).

I am yet to download/install iGo Primo 2.4 as I have been unable to find a decent download link. The one in this thread doesn't work anymore, does anyone have a download link?

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by GibbA View Post
    Ok any gen1 owners interested in the new GM5151 unit here;

Eonon GM5151 | Car DVD | Specific Car DVD | Car DVD for Mazda 3

Head over to Mazdas247 as Eonon have offered a group buy

Eonon GM5151 For Mazda 3 04-09 ( Upgraded D5151)

Also on their site they say it is not iOS7 compatible, but in their thread on Mazdas247 they confirm it does indeed work.

Did you order this one Alex??
    Have you got it??
    Not 2 Fast Not 2 Furious

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast