User Tag List

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Eonon D5151A Replacement Head Unit

Quote Originally Posted by bodyboardingbum View Post
    They've gone cold-turkey on me, and haven't replied back again yet.

In other news, my sub + amp combo arrived in the post today. When installing, should i remove the stock BOSE Amp+Sub, or just leave it there and connect this via the Sub connection on the Eonon?
    Thinking i can leave stock as it is, and just add another controlled via the aftermarket Amp + Sub output channel on deck.

Thoughts?
    Assuming the amp is just powering the sub? I'd unplug the factory sub, then use the RCA from the headunit to the amp. Head unit has a Sub gain control in the audio menu. Looks like the unit has 2 sub outs.

Quote Originally Posted by nath View Post
    Assuming the amp is just powering the sub? I'd unplug the factory sub, then use the RCA from the headunit to the amp. Head unit has a Sub gain control in the audio menu. Looks like the unit has 2 sub outs.
    Sorry - vital point i missed there! It's a mono amp, so will be just powering the sub correct
    Thinking i'll just run the RCA and power, unplug the factory BOSE amp from under the seat - and see how i go!
    BK MPS3 Sports - Work Meister S1R
    CP-e Catalogue. JDM Goodies.

Quote Originally Posted by bodyboardingbum View Post
    Sorry - vital point i missed there! It's a mono amp, so will be just powering the sub correct
    Thinking i'll just run the RCA and power, unplug the factory BOSE amp from under the seat - and see how i go!
    Unpluging the BOSE amp will lose all other speakers.. Just need to remove the factory sub from the equation.

Ahh, very fair point @nath !
    Ran the wires for the sub/amp tonight, pushed through firewall and into the headunit too. Nowhere to put the "remote" wire though, but i'm thinking anywhere that has a 12v acc power should work? Will finish install tomorrow

5. Default

things i've found.

1 - the hated POP!, i've found that the pop does occur and is there its a PITA but i find if you leave the volume on 1 theres no pop when you connect, ive found the same issue when no volume but the GPS is on, if you just turn it one click it seems to minimise it or stop it all together.

2 - ease of instal, for everyone having problems with the install the harness is a little confusing as to what plugs to plug in and which to not to, although take your time and don't rush, its all straight forward.

3 - GPS, the stock kudos maps are fine, everything works out of the box and the user interface is alright, tho if someone could do up instructions to instal IGO or any other software as even i couldn't follow the instructions it would be appreciated!

4 - other points, the aux in works perfectly although having the "No Signal" on the screen in a pain. The unit overall is suitable , looks mint, usable and remember we're only paying a few hundred for something that would have cost $1000's from mazda,

buuuutttt if anyone can do up instructions and links to files for the IGO i would love it!

ROBBO

Rear view camera arrived today. Have mounted and ran the signal wire to the front of the car, but ran out of daylight to connect and test.

For those wondering - Here's a few handy threads from MSF:
    HOW-TO: Rearview/Backup Camera
    HOW-TO: Removing Boot Trims to access space to run cable.

Hey guys, been away for a while, so much been happening on here. I finally got my trip computer working after resetting, now I just hold down mode on steering wheel until setting comes up, then just press up on steering wheel and you get like 4 options.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by diggidydogg View Post
    Did my install today... Was a bit fiddly but got there in the end. I must admit I'm not overly impressed with it... but I can't really complain because I new exactly what I was getting . I love all the functions and the interface, but the bluetooth connection pop, static noise on mute, fitment (even with the coin trick) and the volume issue (1= silent, 2= too loud) really bothers me.

Hopefully the unit will grow on me over the coming weeks, otherwise might have to revert back to the stocky and look at other options.
    Ok so I got the unit to fit really well now.... My problem was the clips that came with the stez would not click into place properly which meant that there was a gap at the bottom and the climate control panel was a bit shaky. So, I took the clips off the stock unit (just the white clip bit) and refit it. The unit now clicks in nice and tight...
    I have to say that over the week I've grown really fond of it, and it would be hard to go back to the stock unit.

My previous concerns now seem very minor. The volume issue isn't even really an issue cos I'm not generally hanging out in the car with the engine off... same with the static. The bluetooth pops occasionally but only seems to be when I turn the key to accessories. One thing (definitely my fault) is that I can't get my AUX connection working. Is there some trick I'm missing? I've plugged it in at the back but still can't pick anything up that's plugged in..

Going to try load up iGO maps today.

Ok so I got the unit to fit really well now.... My problem was the clips that came with the stez would not click into place properly which meant that there was a gap at the bottom and the climate control panel was a bit shaky. So, I took the clips off the stock unit (just the white clip bit) and refit it. The unit now clicks in nice and tight...
    I have to say that over the week I've grown really fond of it, and it would be hard to go back to the stock unit.

My previous concerns now seem very minor. The volume issue isn't even really an issue cos I'm not generally hanging out in the car with the engine off... same with the static. The bluetooth pops occasionally but only seems to be when I turn the key to accessories. One thing (definitely my fault) is that I can't get my AUX connection working. Is there some trick I'm missing? I've plugged it in at the back but still can't pick anything up that's plugged in..

Completely off topic but I have to do it ....avatar winning...ERIC IS BANANA MAN!!!
    2XS RACING $ CORKSPORT $ MAGNAFLOW $ ​UNSURE MOTORSPORTS $ COBB $ INJEN $ FULCRUM $ FEDERAL TYRES $ VISUAL GARAGE $ ADVANCED PERFORMANCE CENTRE $ B C M $ NGK $ STRATIFIED $ AUTOTECH $ DBA $ REMSA $ DGR $ MORIMOTO $ JBR $ FUSION

One thing (definitely my fault) is that I can't get my AUX connection working. Is there some trick I'm missing? I've plugged it in at the back but still can't pick anything up that's plugged in..

Seems odd. There is only one AUX input.. Left, Right and Video (not used - that's why when you select AUX it says no signal.)

Double check the plug is plugged and clipped into the old loom properly.
    Double check the plug names, I cant remember the exact label names. AUX IN maybe? Photo might help?
    Double check the RCA's are plugged right the way in.
    Double check the volume on your phone is up, and the volume on the unit is up?

11. Default

mazda 3 autoradio gps dvd navigation system bose audio
    give this a try, cant get any stock looking than this..

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by robbo5121 View Post
    things i've found.

1 - the hated POP!, i've found that the pop does occur and is there its a PITA but i find if you leave the volume on 1 theres no pop when you connect, ive found the same issue when no volume but the GPS is on, if you just turn it one click it seems to minimise it or stop it all together.

2 - ease of instal, for everyone having problems with the install the harness is a little confusing as to what plugs to plug in and which to not to, although take your time and don't rush, its all straight forward.

3 - GPS, the stock kudos maps are fine, everything works out of the box and the user interface is alright, tho if someone could do up instructions to instal IGO or any other software as even i couldn't follow the instructions it would be appreciated!

4 - other points, the aux in works perfectly although having the "No Signal" on the screen in a pain. The unit overall is suitable , looks mint, usable and remember we're only paying a few hundred for something that would have cost $1000's from mazda,

buuuutttt if anyone can do up instructions and links to files for the IGO i would love it!

ROBBO
    Took me a half dozen downloads but these are the links that brought me a working IGO-Primo 2.4.

iGo-Primo 2.4-9.6.13 Complete (download torrent) - TPB

Opens up into a step by step install kindly written up by some one, very easy.

The Map
    Australia NQ 2013.Q1 [130417]

This one works you will have to join the forum, its free no tricks. Have to reload the page for the download to show. Loads of advertising links but its there somewhere.

Wiring loom arrived today to bypass the stock amp (as shown on American forum). Will wire it up in the coming week and report back with results.

Quote Originally Posted by nath View Post
    Wiring loom arrived today to bypass the stock amp (as shown on American forum). Will wire it up in the coming week and report back with results.
    Very interested to see your results! Care to share the URL for loom?

That looks the goods. I really need a noob write up for installing this, and then using an aftermarket amp and sub.
    I generally get lost after reading the first 2 sentences when it comes to audio tech talk :/

Quote Originally Posted by GibbA View Post
    That looks the goods. I really need a noob write up for installing this, and then using an aftermarket amp and sub.
    I generally get lost after reading the first 2 sentences when it comes to audio tech talk :/
    You won't need the write up - just wait until yours arrives and it'll make a whole lot more sense.
    I have the same setup, Eonon with Bose 3MPS + aftermarket amp + sub

Edit: I assume you're talking about THIS loom? Keep us posted on how you go. That thread is lacking info (was linked a few pages back too)
    Last edited by bodyboardingbum; 11-09-2013 at 01:31 PM.

Yeah the guy even stated he wasn't going to do a detailed write up on it,.. just little pointers.

I want a slimline sub and make a spare wheel sub box for it so it sits under the floor and you wouldn't know, but would have NO idea what sub and amp would be suitable. That's my level of noobines... :/

So.. the PAC loom after the modification for the Bose amp bypass worked. Radio volume is now much quieter at 2, and is a more gradual increase.

The Bluetooth pop is still there when the volume is at 0, but its no where near as loud as before.

Really do notice a difference without the sub though. Unplug the sub from the standard setup and you will see. The Eonon headunit does a good job driving the speakers, but even maxing the bass out on the HU does not nearly compensate for the lack of sub.

If only there was a way to loop the HU output to the speakers and back to the amp for the sub without chopping the factory loom. Aftermarket amp and sub would do the trick.

So for those running an aftermarket Sub+Amp that's probably a viable solution? The loom/plug that you bought, much wiring needed or is it fairly "plug and play" ?

Thanks Nath!

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast