User Tag List

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Eonon D5151A Replacement Head Unit

Ahh I think my new fibre modem has some stupid DNS setting that doing weird stuff, using my vodafone mobile 3G stick and the site works fine, thanks all!

Quote Originally Posted by 1CMS1 View Post
    Your internet setup is shit, go to a mates place and use their computer and internet lol
    Lol first time I've had this with a website! But I've ordered one now thanks for your assistance. Next project is to figure out why my router/ISP is shit
    Corksport SRI// Corksport TIP// Race Pipe//​ Turbosmart BPV// Resonator Delete// JBR 80a RMM// Autotech HPFP// Cobb AP V3// HDI GT2 FMIC// ​NGK LTR7IX-11// Simota 360* Filter// Eonon GM5151-With Back Up Cam// ​RaydTuned

Wrap your a/c with carbon or black wrap to match the stereo better if you have a pre 2008 mps. Looks way better

Wrap your a/c with carbon or black wrap to match the stereo better if you have a pre 2008 mps. Looks way better
    I do have a pre 2008 gen 1 I will look into that! cheers.
    Corksport SRI// Corksport TIP// Race Pipe//​ Turbosmart BPV// Resonator Delete// JBR 80a RMM// Autotech HPFP// Cobb AP V3// HDI GT2 FMIC// ​NGK LTR7IX-11// Simota 360* Filter// Eonon GM5151-With Back Up Cam// ​RaydTuned

I picked one of these up too recenty, I wouldn't bother with the screen mirroring model as it's only a crappy 800 x 480 resolution LCD you can't do much with.

Don't buy the GPS option - iGo Primo can be obtained from navitotal.com

Seems to be good so far, software looks OK, GPS is fast to pick up. Only issue was fitting the bastard in and stopping rattles - there are so many superfluous unused plugs sticking out of the back. What have others done? I put a thin piece of foam at the back, but need to yank the entire thing out again as it's rattling something at the back.

JB
    Last edited by Byrd; 09-07-2014 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
    I picked one of these up too recenty, I wouldn't bother with the screen mirroring model as it's only a crappy 800 x 480 resolution LCD you can't do much with.

Don't buy the GPS option - iGo Primo can be obtained from navitotal.com

Seems to be good so far, software looks OK, GPS is fast to pick up. Only issue was fitting the bastard in and stopping rattles - there are so many superfluous unused plugs sticking out of the back. What have others done? I put a thin piece of foam at the back, but need to yank the entire thing out again as it's rattling something at the back.

JB
    whoops to late already ordered the NFC version with maps wasn't really that much more expensive, I'll update to igo once these maps prove to be out dated. Can you tape up the extra wires to avoid rattles? I've got a reverse camera to go in too

7. Default

Is there anything like this for the MPS6? Wouldn't mind upgrading the BOSE system

Take your time installing it and push wires down the side and back of the dash pocket in order to get it to fit nicely. Mine fits fine with no rattles, no point rushing and jamming things.
    Last edited by 1CMS1; 09-07-2014 at 07:06 PM.

The ONE thing I wanna know is how is bluetooth?

Take your time installing it and push wires down the side and back of the dash pocket in order to get it to fit nicely. Mine fits fine with no rattles, no point rushing and jamming things.

Im im looking forward to it, seems pretty easy to install bar finding the 12v trigger source for the reverse camera. I wonder if there is something closer to the dash so I don't have to tap the reverse light. Pretty sure my reversing sensors are already tapped there

Quote Originally Posted by Mspec View Post
    Im im looking forward to it, seems pretty easy to install bar finding the 12v trigger source for the reverse camera. I wonder if there is something closer to the dash so I don't have to tap the reverse light. Pretty sure my reversing sensors are already tapped there
    For my camera I tapped into the reverse sensors source (reverse lights), seems to work really well

Quote Originally Posted by sargie View Post
    For my camera I tapped into the reverse sensors source (reverse lights), seems to work really well
    I did read some where there maybe a source down in the front passenger kick panel anyone know if that's true?

Quote Originally Posted by GibbA View Post
    Blue tooth is fine. Just as good as the stock one in the gen 2

Quote Originally Posted by GibbA View Post
    Phone support for bluetooth is great, it connects quickly and the software is easy to use and looks good. One thing is that the external mic cable is quite short, I'm either going to lengthen it or pull off the panel under the steering wheel, snaking the cable through there to clip in the driver's side A-pillar.

Bluetooth audio (A2DP) for music playback isn't the best quality - it's passable, but you soon realise that playing off SD/USB/AUX provides much better quality sound.

Is installation of the gm5151 different for the mps (Bose system) is there anything additional that needs to be wired for the amp? I've been reading up preparing for install but not quite sure how the factory amp and sub factor in with this units wiring
    Last edited by Mspec; 09-07-2014 at 10:21 PM.

Is installation of the gm5151 different for the mps (Bose system) is there anything additional that needs to be wired for the amp? I've been reading up preparing for install but not quite sure how the factory amp and sub factor in with this units wiring
    If its anything like the D5151 no, just plugs into factory harness however from all reading the headunit then supplies the bose amp with a speaker level signal rather than line level.

I've put up with it, but am eventually going to try cutting the eonon loom and fitting RCA's and then use the D5151 line out's to supply the bose amp. Some reading has indicated that there will be some static/noise but its worth a shot to see. May get rid of the high volume at low levels and the Bluetooth pop.

Will report back when I give it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by nath View Post
    If its anything like the D5151 no, just plugs into factory harness however from all reading the headunit then supplies the bose amp with a speaker level signal rather than line level.

I've put up with it, but am eventually going to try cutting the eonon loom and fitting RCA's and then use the D5151 line out's to supply the bose amp. Some reading has indicated that there will be some static/noise but its worth a shot to see. May get rid of the high volume at low levels and the Bluetooth pop.

Will report back when I give it a go.
    Thanks for that, great info! By chance did you do the ground wire to brake wire for the dvd to function whilst driving? And do you have a reverse camera?

Thanks for that, great info! By chance did you do the ground wire to brake wire for the dvd to function whilst driving? And do you have a reverse camera?
    Nope and nope. If the re-wiring makes the unit bearable long term then I might look into the camera.

For some reason the gps doesn't pickup the sd card anymore, I suspect its the sd slot but trying to get a latest firmware from eonon to try.

If you have the new GM5151 that does mirrorcast? Just stream a movie from mobile.. sorted!

Nope and nope. If the re-wiring makes the unit bearable long term then I might look into the camera.

For some reason the gps doesn't pickup the sd card anymore, I suspect its the sd slot but trying to get a latest firmware from eonon to try.

If you have the new GM5151 that does mirrorcast? Just stream a movie from mobile.. sorted!
    Yep I believe it does miracast (haven't actually received the unit it's enroute) just trying to prepare myself for a trouble free install I did however read on some other forum to turn the "loudness" option off for the too loud at low volume problem not sure about this popping business though
    Last edited by Mspec; 10-07-2014 at 10:07 PM.

Its ts actually quite amusing, I'm having an online chat with eonon about these issues as I type this post and their help desk is telling me that the gm5151 is not compatible with the bose system unless you connect RCA's! I'm not sure they know what they are selling

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast