User Tag List

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Eonon D5151A Replacement Head Unit

Quote Originally Posted by ddd View Post
    I would too like to know the answer. If it doesn't, are there other alternatives on the market?
    Pretty sure there's a specific one for the 6

Also does anyone know how to reset the trip computer on the LCD once the Eonon head unit has been installed?

Quote Originally Posted by hodgie22192 View Post
    Pretty sure there's a specific one for the 6
    If it fit the 6 as well you'd assume that it'd be advertised as such because that = more sales??

Also does anyone know how to reset the trip computer on the LCD once the Eonon head unit has been installed?
    Apparently holding the set button would do it if the factory unit was installed - so there must be a way.

Have just received an email from Eonon requesting videos about the Bluetooth pop and volume issues. Will update when I get a response.

Bluetooth pop video: Eonon D5151 popping when pairing bluetooth - YouTube

Volume jumping video: Eonon D5151 Volume jump between Volume 1 and Volume 2-5 - YouTube

I've also suggested in my email response for them to become a user on the forum here.

Just wondering if the GPS displays the vehicle speed on the unit?
    Some don't but i don't know if that's a "Maps" thing or something to do with the device.

Quote Originally Posted by GibbA View Post
    Some don't but i don't know if that's a "Maps" thing or something to do with the device.
    iGo Primo does show car speed.

Hold down the up arrow on steering wheel to reset. Tried successfully this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by nath View Post
    Hold down the up arrow on steering wheel to reset. Tried successfully this morning.
    Perfect! Thank you very much! Tried it literally 1 minute ago and it worked. I tried so many combinations of holding buttons the other day, Just must not have tried that haha
    cheers mate

10. Default

Ordered mine yesterday although, still waiting to hear back from them!

Quote Originally Posted by GibbA View Post
    If you tap the clock on the map screen it a speedo comes up just above the clock
    "la fortuna favorisce il coraggioso"
    CP-E TMIC, K&N typhoon SRI , COBB 2way adjustable shifter, TWM bushings, Sure AGS 212g knob, JBR 70a trilogy mounts, JBR boost tubes, Medieval 2.5" TIP, 2XS racepipe, 2XS interior light upgrade, Hypertech , RDA slotted front rotors, DGR coilovers, hotchkis RSB, Ultragauge EM, Work CE28N'S in blaze blue, D1 blue lugs

Mine is on an airplane as we speak, should arrive Monday hopefully we can push for a firmware update to address the volume issues on a BOSE equipped 3, I can see that being a potential killer for me.

I stumbled on this thread after my mate ordered one for his car, I did a bit of looking at them, so much want for the new M1 model, the phone push thing where the screen is duplicated is worth it alone.
    Alas they don't do a kit for the 6, which means putting a double din fascia in, and all the ones I can find look terrible, and don't match the rest of the nice fake grey metal that the mps has in its dash

Just have to keep running my nexus 7 I spose.
    1993 KL-ZE 626 - Written off
    2005 MPS6 - Me Boosta, GTX2867 Freektuned

14. Default

Mine was delivered today although as no one was home, re - delivery tomorrow

..response from Eonon included an update to flash to the head unit. The update however improved nothing. Volume increase is still the same, and the Bluetooth still pops. Hopefully they get back with a better result. Stay tuned.

Mine is here Now, to wait until i finish work and get it installed.

Ordered some more audio gear today from the states. Sub, amp, enclosure all on their way

It's in!

First impressions are the touch-screen sucks, not at all sensitive or easy to transition, but the resolution and brightness are fairly impressive. Need to pickup 2x SD cards, one for GPS and one for Media - so haven't tested those yet.
    The audio volume bug on BOSE is pretty major, volume 1 being nothing, 2 being quite loud. There's no adjustment in between.

Fitment isn't fantastic, just think typical China. Close, but if you're a perfectionist - avoid.

Install was nice and easy, only advise i can give is disassemble those little clips with the 2x screws that attach, otherwise you'll struggle to get the screws in tight and straight.
    BK MPS3 Sports - Work Meister S1R
    CP-e Catalogue. JDM Goodies.

18. Smile

Quote Originally Posted by bodyboardingbum View Post
    It's in!

First impressions are the touch-screen sucks, not at all sensitive or easy to transition, but the resolution and brightness are fairly impressive. Need to pickup 2x SD cards, one for GPS and one for Media - so haven't tested those yet.
    The audio volume bug on BOSE is pretty major, volume 1 being nothing, 2 being quite loud. There's no adjustment in between.

Fitment isn't fantastic, just think typical China. Close, but if you're a perfectionist - avoid.

Install was nice and easy, only advise i can give is disassemble those little clips with the 2x screws that attach, otherwise you'll struggle to get the screws in tight and straight.

Not what you were expecting I take it?

I'm putting one in soon so your post has me worried! Some rambling questions... Have you hooked it up to you phone with Bluetooth yet? If so, does it make the popping sound? Also, do you have to manually pair it each time or does it connect automatically. Can you elaborate a bit on how the touchscreen sucks? Did the stez not come with an SD card? I'm a complete noob when it comes to stereo installation, can I REALLY do it myself, or should I pay a pro?

Has anyone tried the NFC functionality?

@diggidydogg - More than happy to put my input into some of your questions, take it or leave it - it's simply my opinion

Touch Screen: You have to press pretty firmly to activate, and "swiping" between pages like you would on your smart-phone is quite difficult. It's obviously not a capacitive touch screen either, but that was expected.
    Is this a killer? Not by any means, just a slight frustration and i was honestly expecting more from the "touch" input on the display. If you're using the remote, or the buttons, it's no drama

Bluetooth: I have it hooked up to my iPhone 5, and the auto-reconnect is working great. Managed to sync my entire contacts list, although it does display last name first (can probably change in a setting i assume).
    I am getting the "pop" sound each time it connects.

I have noticed that when volume is on 0 or 1 (both the same thing, for some reason), that there is white-noise clearly audible from the speakers. This is present regardless of the mode (Radio, A2DP Bluetooth, Aux-in, etc). Somewhat annoying.
    The one i ordered from Eonon was "without maps", so no SD Card included. I'm assuming if ordered with maps, it would include.

Installation: Very easy, can you use a screwdriver? Do you have a little patience? If so, you wouldn't have any issues. It's very much "plug and play".
    Fitment however, is another subject. I liken it to "typical Chinese products", if you've ever bought Chinese automotive products before you'll know what i mean. It fits, but it's not perfect. There is slight movement in the display when pushing firm, and it doesn't align 100% against the stock climate control dials below.

All in all, for the price, it's not bad by any means. I'll be setting it up with a sub/amp combo hopefully this coming weekend, and i'll report back again after i've had more time with the unit.
    Tomorrow? I'll grab an SD or two and checkout the media playback and maps.
    BK MPS3 Sports - Work Meister S1R
    CP-e Catalogue. JDM Goodies.

20. Default

If anyone can help out loading the maps, install was a breeze although waiting for the volume bug fix,

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast