User Tag List

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Eonon D5151A Replacement Head Unit

Quote Originally Posted by nath View Post
    Thanks - will await your response!
    see edit ^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by evomotion View Post
    see edit ^^^^
    Any chance of some photos showing? Thinking I'll be ordering one tonight.

gotta put the kids to bed in a min, so won't get a chance to get photos tonight but i'll try tomorrow. Just order it! like i said, for the money, its amazing.

Yep you definitely get a trip computer. It's nothing special with photos, all it is, is 'Kms till empty', 'avg. speed', 'fuel consumption avg.' and 'current fuel consumption'
    I would definitely recommend you get one!

By the way thanks for the link to the maps @evomotion

Quote Originally Posted by evomotion View Post
    here is where i got the maps. Maps, buildings, dem, POI you will need to register to download, and all the instructions are available as well. I'm apologise in advance if im not allowed to post links to other forums. 8th thread down is the aussie maps.
    Thanks again for the maps, they work perfectly!

As Hodgie said ^^^. At least the LCD works with climate control temps included...

Just Ordered.. looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by nath View Post
    Just Ordered.. looking forward to it.
    Good stuff man!

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by diffez View Post
    Yeah this is new territory. The 04' 05' LCD OEM connected directly to the original stereo unit and I think the 06' had a separate module that connected the LCD which made it easier. The screen I got was from a Mazda 3 06' off eBay for $35. Don't know what model, I assume the stock BK so I'm not confident this will work bu am willing to give it a try. I do however have to re-route some of the Eonon D5151 wires to the wires on the 06' LCD as I have no other way of connecting the LCD to display climate control. I'm using instructions from http://d5102.wikispaces.com/0405LCD

I'll let you know how I go with this, but still am hoping for an easier alternative if anybody else out there is in my predicament.

Brendan

Hey everyone. I can't believe it but the instructions on the above site worked perfectly without a hitch in my 2004 SP 23 and this is my first car radio install!! Funny thing now is that I have just acquired a trip computer on my new 06 LCD display as well!! Can't believe my luck! Get around it brothers!

Brendan

Anyone running a reversing camera with the D5151? If so, which one? Thinking a numberplate light-mounted one would be pretty straight forward.

When ordering, should i order from Eonon direct without maps, for ~$274 and install as per above, or is it best to buy with maps for ~$309 (eBay) and then install the maps as linked above?

This is what @Sarge and I got for our reversing camera.
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/160942327...84.m1497.l2649
    It does not fit perfectly at the number plate light but u can just core a bit of the plastic mount of the light out to make it fit and the mod is not visible.

with the maps, I got my unit with their maps and then changed over thanks to sarge again.
    Last edited by mech81; 28-07-2013 at 12:56 PM. Reason: added link

Found a thread on MSF the other day with a maaaaaaad reversing camera.
    Here is the link for those who wanna check out the thread:
    HOW-TO: Rearview/Backup Camera - Mazdaspeed Forums

It's this kit, and the integration of the camera is perfect.

BOYO Vision VTL375 Black (Metal) License Plate Frame with Slim

The only thing i'm not sure about is dimensions of licence plate. Looks like american plate sizes differ from ours?
    --> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

Also wondering if it's possible to run some mainstream maps on this unit? Tom Tom etc..
    I've been roaming the Tom Tom website, and it appears that while you CAN buy maps on a SD card, is seems they will only be compatible with one or their gps units. Can anyone confirm if this might be true?

Quote Originally Posted by mech81 View Post
    This is what @Sarge and I got for our reversing camera.
    CCD Special CAR Rear View Reverse Backup Parking Camera FOR Mazda 2 Mazda 3 | eBay
    It does not fit perfectly at the number plate light but u can just core a bit of the plastic mount of the light out to make it fit and the mod is not visible.
    Great suggestion, how's the quality of the footage from the camera? I imagine it's pretty low?
    BK MPS3 Sports - Work Meister S1R
    CP-e Catalogue. JDM Goodies.

Resolution is not bad overall better than a webcam and frame rate capture is good too... However, moderate amount of noise/pixelation in low light conditions. To me its sufficient enough overall - cant complain much with the price

Not sure about using Tom Tom maps on the Eonon unit

Can you post up a picture of it installed please?

@GibbA - picture of which installed? (the head unit, reverse camera, or GPS?)

Err sorry dumb me.
    Reversing camera please? and just a basic shot of the GPS screen.

I'll try to get you a pic tomorrow but usually when I get home its usually to dark to get a good pic. We'll see...

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast