User Tag List

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Eonon D5151A Replacement Head Unit

Not saying much, probably doesn't help their cause, but i believe they are OEM in Great Wall's now

Thanks very much will be ordering mine soon then!

you can purchase from their own website...

They deliver and have great customer service...

Gen1 - Eonon D5151 | Car DVD | Specific Car DVD | Car DVD for Mazda 3

Gen2 - Eonon D5115Z | Car DVD | Specific Car DVD | Car DVD for Mazda 3

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Finally a Gen2 version!!

5. Default

Hi guys. Amazing help and tips in this thread.

I have a 2004 SP23 and have just installed the D5151A unit. I knew the factory LCD wouldn't work so was wondering if I purchase a 2006 LCD unit, can I connect it to display the temperature for the climate control? If so, does anybody have instructions for this?

Appreciate your time guys.

This thread is awesome and i will now be purchasing one if these for mine!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

@diffez - Just confirming - the 2006 LCD unit is the one coming from a Gen1 MPS? it may or may not work. This has not been tried and you are heading into new territory with the SP23 part. If it works, then it should display climate control temp and the lot.

I presumed that you have transplanted your previous SP23 lcd monitor onto the Eonon unit and tried to see if worked? Just transplant the 2006 lcd unit the same way and then get back to us on that... @sargie

Hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by diffez View Post
    Hi guys. Amazing help and tips in this thread.

I have a 2004 SP23 and have just installed the D5151A unit. I knew the factory LCD wouldn't work so was wondering if I purchase a 2006 LCD unit, can I connect it to display the temperature for the climate control? If so, does anybody have instructions for this?

Appreciate your time guys.
    Did your LCD screen plug into the OEM head unit at all?
    I think the earlier mazda 3's did.
    Our has a separate plug direct into the harness.
    If I'm correct, you pretty much have no chance of making it work
    2013 Ford Focus ST - Performance Blue, Cobb AP

Gone 2006 3 MPS Sports - True Red, Koni FSD shocks, in dash OEM look Ebay GPS/DVD, Hypertech, RX8 Rims

Does anyone know where I can get the maps so I can use my gps on the eonon head unit ?

Quote Originally Posted by hodgie22192 View Post
    Does anyone know where I can get the maps so I can use my gps on the eonon head unit ?
    Interested in this too, especially the possibility to run something like Tom Tom maps on it.
    --> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

11. Default

Yeah this is new territory. The 04' 05' LCD OEM connected directly to the original stereo unit and I think the 06' had a separate module that connected the LCD which made it easier. The screen I got was from a Mazda 3 06' off eBay for $35. Don't know what model, I assume the stock BK so I'm not confident this will work bu am willing to give it a try. I do however have to re-route some of the Eonon D5151 wires to the wires on the 06' LCD as I have no other way of connecting the LCD to display climate control. I'm using instructions from http://d5102.wikispaces.com/0405LCD

I'll let you know how I go with this, but still am hoping for an easier alternative if anybody else out there is in my predicament.

Brendan

Hey guys,

My Eonon d5151 arrived earlier this week so i thought i'd share my impressions. We have to remember that we are talking about a $275-300 unit here so please excuse my enthusiasm. HOLY SH*T i love this thing. Seriously for the money i am so impressed by how responsive it is, by the features and how easy it is to install. Now admittedly the gps did not work out of the box, but that is not an issue because I loaded up iGo primo and some AUS maps i found on another forum onto the SD card and it works like a dream. I cannot get over the value for money, initially i was looking at the kanatech kit with a double din unit WITHOUT sat nav and that would have set me back $600-800 easily. I highly recommend this unit, it looks the business, it sounds great, ipod/bluetooth/sat nav all work flawlessly, and shipping was pretty quick (it arrived in 4 days). If your thinking about it, stop thinking and get it.

mo

Quote Originally Posted by evomotion View Post
    Hey guys,

My Eonon d5151 arrived earlier this week so i thought i'd share my impressions. We have to remember that we are talking about a $275-300 unit here so please excuse my enthusiasm. HOLY SH*T i love this thing. Seriously for the money i am so impressed by how responsive it is, by the features and how easy it is to install. Now admittedly the gps did not work out of the box, but that is not an issue because I loaded up iGo primo and some AUS maps i found on another forum onto the SD card and it works like a dream. I cannot get over the value for money, initially i was looking at the kanatech kit with a double din unit WITHOUT sat nav and that would have set me back $600-800 easily. I highly recommend this unit, it looks the business, it sounds great, ipod/bluetooth/sat nav all work flawlessly, and shipping was pretty quick (it arrived in 4 days). If your thinking about it, stop thinking and get it.

mo
    Hey Mate
    I was wondering if you could send me the link for where you got the aus maps from? Ive been trying to find a legit link but am having no luck. Got iprimo to work. Just no maps

Cheers
    Hodgie

Quote Originally Posted by hodgie22192 View Post
    Hey Mate
    I was wondering if you could send me the link for where you got the aus maps from? Ive been trying to find a legit link but am having no luck. Got iprimo to work. Just no maps

Cheers
    Hodgie
    Maybe post a link here to help all members thinking about this?
    It's like a tornado, inside it's own metal house

I wasnt sure if i was allowed to post a link, i will put it up tonight when i get home.

Quote Originally Posted by evomotion View Post
    I wasnt sure if i was allowed to post a link, i will put it up tonight when i get home.

Thanks mate, how can you find out if your allowed or not?

here is where i got the maps. Maps, buildings, dem, POI you will need to register to download, and all the instructions are available as well. I'm apologise in advance if im not allowed to post links to other forums. 8th thread down is the aussie maps.

Hi Guys, Just wondering if anyone can confirm if after installing the D5151 into a MPS, a trip computer is now available on the old LCD? Apparently holding down mode on the wheel should bring up a menu. Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum - View Single Post - Eonon D5151 Review/Q&A

Quote Originally Posted by nath View Post
    Hi Guys, Just wondering if anyone can confirm if after installing the D5151 into a MPS, a trip computer is now available on the old LCD? Apparently holding down mode on the wheel should bring up a menu. Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum - View Single Post - Eonon D5151 Review/Q&A
    let me go try this ! *edit* lol this is completely true ! hold mode on steering wheel, then use arrows to select display! thanks for pointing it out !
    Last edited by evomotion; 21-07-2013 at 06:28 PM.

Thanks - will await your response!

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast