User Tag List

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Eonon D5151A Replacement Head Unit

Ok thanks.

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk 2

@GibbA here's how it all looks. Installing it was a piece of piss, honestly it was just plug n play. Works well with the BOSE system.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice, what do you think of it with that gloss black?
    And what is it talking about killswitch...?

Quote Originally Posted by GibbA View Post
    Nice, what do you think of it with that gloss black?
    And what is it talking about killswitch...?
    Yeah it looks pretty good. Like it belongs. And as for the killswitch....lol, that is the CD I have in the car. Killswitch Engage's new album called "Disarm the Decent". Absolutely nothing to do with the new unit haha. Like the irony though!

Hahahahaha i feel like an idiot now... :P I was like "This is a little more technical that i was expecting..."

Thanks for the pictures, its good to see what it looks like with that '08 interior.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by GibbA View Post
    Hahahahaha i feel like an idiot now... :P I was like "This is a little more technical that i was expecting..."

Thanks for the pictures, its good to see what it looks like with that '08 interior.

Cheers.
    Hahaha nah man its all good. It looks pretty good against the 08 interior and works like a charm!

This looks nice! What's the sound quality like when running through the bose system? Does this retain the stock "aux-in" port in the centre console? (07 Gen1 Sports, with Bose)

How does the build-quality feel, compared to stock? Button presses, finish, etc?
    Wanting to replace mine, but don't want to replace if it's going to be of lower quality finish and feel. Willing to spend more if it's worth it.

Anyone in Perth have one so i can come look?
    BK MPS3 Sports - Work Meister S1R
    CP-e Catalogue. JDM Goodies.

@bodyboardingbum

the buttons dont feel as good as stock but they dont feel cheap either. The finish fits in well with the stock finish but you will have to look after the HUD unit finish closely. Thats my opinion only. Sound quality through the BOSE is as stock. The Aux will work as is - just make sure you plug the stock into the back of the Headunit. Hope that helps.

@mech81 that helps a huge amount, appreciated! I might take the plunge, for the price i guess it can't be too bad!
    Wanting to add onto the existing bose, with a sub+amp set at a low crossover point. Then using stock bose as mid/tweets

Edit: Anyone with Bose system confirm it works 100%? Have seen reports from the US Forums that it plays havoc with volume control?

Quote Originally Posted by bodyboardingbum View Post
    @mech81 that helps a huge amount, appreciated! I might take the plunge, for the price i guess it can't be too bad!
    Wanting to add onto the existing bose, with a sub+amp set at a low crossover point. Then using stock bose as mid/tweets

Edit: Anyone with Bose system confirm it works 100%? Have seen reports from the US Forums that it plays havoc with volume control?
    @bodyboardingbum read post 42 in this thread.....
    Last edited by GibbA; 05-06-2013 at 02:08 AM.
    --> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

@bodyboardingbum

Only thing I can comment about the volume control is that the minimum volume is not very soft. the difference between zero to one then to two is minimal - zero to one is nothing (literally means mute) 1 to 2 is like zero to 8 on the stock bose and then gets gradually louder from there. Not sure why that is. Thats my only gripe at present. @sargie - agree with my thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by mech81 View Post
    @bodyboardingbum

Only thing I can comment about the volume control is that the minimum volume is not very soft. the difference between zero to one then to two is minimal - zero to one is nothing (literally means mute) 1 to 2 is like zero to 8 on the stock bose and then gets gradually louder from there. Not sure why that is. Thats my only gripe at present. @sargie - agree with my thoughts?
    Yeah I agree, 1 is nothing, then 2 is louder than it probably should be. I also think this depends on which function your using, need to check.

Thanks @sargie and mech81 - That was my worry. If you could check inputs that would be fantastic, because i know when using Aux-in on my Bose setup volume 8 is rather loud!

14. Default reversing camera

Did you end up installing a reversing camera? Was it easy?

Quote Originally Posted by diffez View Post
    Did you end up installing a reversing camera? Was it easy?
    Yeah a wired one that clipped into the licence plate light. $16 on eBay, works well and the unit automatically changes to camera in reverse.

What're your thoughts, now you've used for a while?

Sent from my iPony using Tapatalk 2.

Hey guys,

i was just wondering, on eBay they are coming fom Hong Kong. The originals are apparently from America... Just wondering if its a dodgy copy or if everyone ordered there's from Hong Kong?
    Last edited by hodgie22192; 10-07-2013 at 01:09 PM.

Mine came from Hong Kong and works great.

Got mine from Hong Kong - though mine wasn't Eonon brand.
    3 years and was faultless
    Brother and father have similar hong kong supplied units in their cars (Liberty B4 and MX5 NA) they have had theirs for at least 12 month, also faultless. Infact Dad rates them better than the OEM unit in his Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by hodgie22192 View Post
    Hey guys,

i was just wondering, on eBay they are coming fom Hong Kong. The originals are apparently from America... Just wondering if its a dodgy copy or if everyone ordered there's from Hong Kong?
    Here you go mate. They are based in HongKong Eonon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast