User Tag List

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Eonon D5151A Replacement Head Unit

Oryt pm me wen you get home thanks

@sargie, I'll let you know. I'll be away this weekend and I'm working most of the next few weekends. Most likely it will be a weekday night if its ok?

Quote Originally Posted by mech81 View Post
    @sargie, I'll let you know. I'll be away this weekend and I'm working most of the next few weekends. Most likely it will be a weekday night if its ok?
    Yeah no probs, free most week nights

4. Default

wow that looks awesome. Does anyone know if these fit in the 6 MPS?

Quote Originally Posted by discodave View Post
    wow that looks awesome. Does anyone know if these fit in the 6 MPS?
    Eonon don't, but there are a few on eBay, mostly the "pop up" style that replace the storage box.

This thing looks amazballs!!! I have the Bose system and my 6 stack CD player just shat itself so would buying this be worth the money or should i just send my CD stacker away for repair?

Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by MPS400 View Post
    This thing looks amazballs!!! I have the Bose system and my 6 stack CD player just shat itself so would buying this be worth the money or should i just send my CD stacker away for repair?

Thanks guys.
    Yeah it's good! Going to replace @mech81 Bose unit in a week or so. But also depends on how much the repair cost is and if u want a new unit?

Yeah a new unit with a decent screen and built in maps does sound good! Also going in this things favour is the fact that the steering controls will still work and i can retain all the Bose components.
    But does this unit use the factory CD stacker OR does it come with a CD player/stacker??? Can't find a clear answer on the website apart from it being a DVD player.

Yeah a new unit with a decent screen and built in maps does sound good! Also going in this things favour is the fact that the steering controls will still work and i can retain all the Bose components.
    But does this unit use the factory CD stacker OR does it come with a CD player/stacker??? Can't find a clear answer on the website apart from it being a DVD player.
    It comes with a single disc CD/DVD but honestly I haven't used it because of all the other features, I just do Bluetooth streaming or IPod. But cd and DVD work well all the same

Thanks for the info @sargie. So do you have the Bose system or not and if you do, does it all work as adertised and do you still get the radio info on the lcd screen?

*EDIT*

Kay so i just bought one of these puppies of Ebay. Should be here within the week and will def let everyone know how this thing goes with the Bose system.
    Last edited by MPS400; 19-05-2013 at 07:56 PM.

Thanks for the info @sargie. So do you have the Bose system or not and if you do, does it all work as adertised and do you still get the radio info on the lcd screen?
    Don't have the Bose, it is apparently 100% compatible, just google "D5151 Bose". My LCD works fine, all radio, time and climate still.( mine is 2006, earlier models have issues with screen) You have to set the time via the steering wheel buttons.

Thanks for the info buddy!!!

If you do have a problem with Bose. You need to connect the amp wire (orange from memory - best check) to power on the OEM wireing.
    The one I had didn't have anything in the new head units wireing harness to power the amp.

Quote Originally Posted by bd581 View Post
    If you do have a problem with Bose. You need to connect the amp wire (orange from memory - best check) to power on the OEM wireing.
    The one I had didn't have anything in the new head units wireing harness to power the amp.
    Ahhhhhhhhh yeah that makes sense. Sounds like it shouldn't be too hard to get it working. I'll let you know how I get on.

Ahhhhhhhhh yeah that makes sense. Sounds like it shouldn't be too hard to get it working. I'll let you know how I get on.
    I'll be watching this space to see how you go with the bose, I plan on getting one with bose so this will be EXACTLY what I'll be putting in. Also interested to see how different the finish is compared to the nice shiney black finish

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk 2
    --> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

Quote Originally Posted by GibbA View Post
    I'll be watching this space to see how you go with the bose, I plan on getting one with bose so this will be EXACTLY what I'll be putting in. Also interested to see how different the finish is compared to the nice shiney black finish

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk 2
    It turned up on Thursday and I'll be installing it this week some time. :-)

Sweet. Good luck with it.

Installed the unit to replace my BOSE system. Glad to say everything is working well. Want to thank @sargie for helping (actually doing most of the work) put the system in. He made it easier than I thought it would be.

@MPS400, installed your head unit yet? want to see how it looks with the '08 interior..

Quote Originally Posted by GibbA View Post
    @MPS400, installed your head unit yet? want to see how it looks with the '08 interior..
    Yeah mate all in and running sweet. Will upload photos tonight for ya.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast