User Tag List

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Eonon D5151A Replacement Head Unit

Post Instructions to stop bluetooth pop and high volume on low settings

Finally found a solution to remove the dreaded Bluetooth pop and high volume on low settings on the D5151. Heres how:

Total Cost: $3 from Jaycar
    Total Time: 30-45 mins

Likely to void warranty, if your ever thinking about sending it back to China for repairs.

What you will need:
    • 4x Male RCA connectors
    • Sidecutters/wire stripper
    • Soldering iron and solder
    • Heat shink
    • Tape

Wiring colours are as follows:
    (Speaker): (Positive)/(Negative)
    Front Right: Grey/Grey black
    Front Left: White/White Black
    Right Rear: Purple/Purple Black
    Left Rear: Green/Green Black

Aim: Fit male RCA plugs on the eonon loom, which plugs into the factory loom to the bose amp. Use the eonon line outs to feed the bose amp.

1. Remove the D5151 and unplug the cables from the rear
    2. Snip each colour pair on the eonon loom, up close to the small end which plugs into the head unit (Photo B), so you have plenty of wiring to play with.
    3. You can optionally snip the small cable tie at the main loom end to give more free play with the cable, also helps when grouping them back together at the end
    4. Strip the end of each wire and then thread the RCA socket cover over the two wires
    5. Solder the RCA plug, with the Positive wire on the centre pin of the RCA. (Photo A) The easiest way is to 'tin' each RCA post and stripped wire end, then hold and solder.
    6. Repeat for the remaining 3 colour pairs
    7. Cut 8 small pieces of heat shrink to cover the exposed cut off ends (Photo B)
    8. Group and tape the 4 new cables together down near the main loom plug so the cables sit together nicely
    9. Fit the eonon loom back to the head unit and plug each new Male RCA from the eonon loom into the corresponding Female RCA on the head unit. Cables are labelled FROUT, FLOUT etc. (Photo C)
    10. Tape together the RCA's to prevent them coming apart
    11. Install the head unit and enjoy adjustable low volume and no Bluetooth pop!!

Credit to theblooms on mazda3forums for the idea and wiring colours.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	295.9 KB 
ID:	16482   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	301.1 KB 
ID:	16483   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	375.1 KB 
ID:	16484  
    Last edited by nath; 11-07-2014 at 08:59 PM.

Awesome write up with this thanks! Although I feel that if I was to attempt this it would all go horribly wrong! When I install my unit next weekend I shall see if I encounter any issues using "normal installation" and if not I will attempt this mod
    Last edited by Mspec; 11-07-2014 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mspec View Post
    Awesome write up with this thanks! Although I feel that if I was to attempt this it would all go horribly wrong! When I install my unit next weekend I shall see if I encounter any issues using "normal installation" and if not I will attemp this mod
    It's likely that if you have a bose amp you'll face the pop and loud volume. Others here and in the US have experienced it. I doubt Eonon has done anything to the GM5151 which would stop it.

Soldering isn't too difficult with something like this, although daunting if you've never done it before.

If you were to send me the loom a return satchel and paypal me a half carton of beer I'd happily solder the RCA's for you and heat shrink the ends. Just drop me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nath View Post
    It's likely that if you have a bose amp you'll face the pop and loud volume. Others here and in the US have experienced it. I doubt Eonon has done anything to the GM5151 which would stop it.

Soldering isn't too difficult with something like this, although daunting if you've never done it before.

If you were to send me the loom a return satchel and paypal me a half carton of beer I'd happily solder the RCA's for you and heat shrink the ends. Just drop me a PM.

Awesome I might just do that when it arrives, will inspect the wiring upon receipt and assess cheers
    Last edited by Mspec; 11-07-2014 at 09:34 PM.
    Corksport SRI// Corksport TIP// Race Pipe//​ Turbosmart BPV// Resonator Delete// JBR 80a RMM// Autotech HPFP// Cobb AP V3// HDI GT2 FMIC// ​NGK LTR7IX-11// Simota 360* Filter// Eonon GM5151-With Back Up Cam// ​RaydTuned

Is there anyway post #261 can be moved to the how to section?

Pulled the head unit out tonight to seat it a bit better, and since putting it back in I'm now getting engine noise though the speakers and a small pop with Bluetooth when on 0 volume. Tried removing and fitting a few times but something must be sitting differently now. Going to investigate grounding the unit better.

Pulled the head unit out tonight to seat it a bit better, and since putting it back in I'm now getting engine noise though the speakers and a small pop with Bluetooth when on 0 volume. Tried removing and fitting a few times but something must be sitting differently now. Going to investigate grounding the unit better.
    That silly alternator whine noise?
    Corksport SRI// Corksport TIP// Race Pipe//​ Turbosmart BPV// Resonator Delete// JBR 80a RMM// Autotech HPFP// Cobb AP V3// HDI GT2 FMIC// ​NGK LTR7IX-11// Simota 360* Filter// Eonon GM5151-With Back Up Cam// ​RaydTuned

That silly alternator whine noise?
    Yep, and as the RPM's increase the whiz noise gets higher in frequency. Didn't do it all weekend, nor did the pop. I made a conscious effort to leave it on vol 0 to check.

Just reading and other forums and others have noticed an introduction of this noise after a period of time which is odd.

Yep, and as the RPM's increase the whiz noise gets higher in frequency. Didn't do it all weekend, nor did the pop. I made a conscious effort to leave it on vol 0 to check.

Just reading and other forums and others have noticed an introduction of this noise after a period of time which is odd.
    i doubt it's the unit grounding because it was ok before doing the mod wasn't it? I reckon you might be getting interference in those RCA's you attached from the surrounding powered wires?

Edit. Not the most orthodox solution but an idea no less. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUBNwHBzkiE
    Last edited by Mspec; 14-07-2014 at 07:01 PM.

Tell your passengers it's your gt3071 making boost

Quote Originally Posted by 1CMS1 View Post
    Tell your passengers it's your gt3071 making boost
    lol do you have any issues with yours low/high volume blutooth pop etc...

lol do you have any issues with yours low/high volume blutooth pop etc...
    Na I don't but then I don't have Bose. I have an aftermarket sub which at some did pop but since I turn the car on and slap it into reverse, my camera comes on so skips any Poping of audio

Quote Originally Posted by 1CMS1 View Post
    Na I don't but then I don't have Bose. I have an aftermarket sub which at some did pop but since I turn the car on and slap it into reverse, my camera comes on so skips any Poping of audio
    Sweet, just the old remote wire pop

@Mspec on the weekend I did the rca replacement on my eonon headunit... Man! You are a life saver! It got rid of 99%of the pop (only managed to get it once and was very low) and the high volume issue is completely gone!
    I also installed an external microphone which cost $20 from jaycar with some extra wire and a female auxiliary jack plug. Admittedly it Was a bit of a nightmare but only because when desoldering the old mic, the track from the circuit board came away. I would still recommend it but just be careful!

Quote Originally Posted by hodgie22192 View Post
    @Mspec on the weekend I did the rca replacement on my eonon headunit... Man! You are a life saver! It got rid of 99%of the pop (only managed to get it once and was very low) and the high volume issue is completely gone!
    I also installed an external microphone which cost $20 from jaycar with some extra wire and a female auxiliary jack plug. Admittedly it Was a bit of a nightmare but only because when desoldering the old mic, the track from the circuit board came away. I would still recommend it but just be careful!

All thanks should be given to @nath he is the source for us on this mod, but I take all thanks regardless of whether I deserve them or not! lol

Edit: Just listen out for the Alternator humm that may eventuate also mentioned by @nath
    Last edited by Mspec; 15-07-2014 at 10:57 AM.

Haha thanks @nath
    See previous post. I was thanking other people for your excellent write up.
    I started getting that alternator hum. I'll try that speaker wire inside the rca plug but I'm pretty sure That is just shorting out the positive and negative terminals not "magic" like it states in the video haha

17. Default loud pop from the speakers

Hi, im just new here and i know mazdas forum but i purchased eonon d5156 for corsa 2007. software is exactly same as yours eonons. so I hook up everything and the sound is much better then the oem stereo, but when its on bluetooth and try make a call there is one very loud "pop" i the right speaker.
    i have amp. and sub connected to eonon ( sub. connected to amp. amp to eonon through RCA cable, male RCA (left and right) to eonon OUTPUT (left and right)

attached video below just to show You my pop,

http://vid1267.photobucket.com/album...psf73a39f8.mp4

have You lads any clue how to fix it.

thnx.

How is the grounding of the amp paddy? (and welcome)

Quote Originally Posted by hodgie22192 View Post
    Haha thanks @nath
    See previous post. I was thanking other people for your excellent write up.
    I started getting that alternator hum. I'll try that speaker wire inside the rca plug but I'm pretty sure That is just shorting out the positive and negative terminals not "magic" like it states in the video haha
    No trouble at all. I guess its better than before but not ideal. Pop is much lower on 0 and once the volume is up a bit the whine is harder to hear.
    I'm looking at alternative solutions to the problem.

Be very careful trying that speaker wire to not short out the speakers!

20. Default

Amp is under the seat and it's grounded to bare metal is on one of the bolt that hold the seat bracket. But I'll try to put in the other place, see if any difference
    Thnx anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast