User Tag List

Thread: **WARNING to all Richtune customers who were tuned by Dantes5823 aka John**

Default **WARNING to all Richtune customers who were tuned by Dantes5823 aka John**

REPOSTED FROM MSF

So it has come to my attention that dantes5823 has been fired from his tuning position at RichTune as well as having been completely banned from MSF.

Now, I am not starting this thread to make accusations or to have a huge flame fest, but I did want to share my experience as well as to spread the word (which hopefully in turn will get others to post up their experiences).

The TL;DR of it is this: Apparently John (dantes5823 AKA Meatgayzer) had been issuing hack-job tunes under the RT name and then on his own after he "left" RT. From what I have gathered from other members, John had been known to simply take OTS tunes and do "across the board" adjustments, while not doing much actual "tuning". Furthermore, it has come to light that John had also used the base map that atvfreek; made for him as a starting point for the tunes that he was charging customers for.

As a result, somewhere around 5 cars (including his own) have suffered the ZZB fate. Other's may be able to shed more light on how this has been going down, but from what I hear its a bunch of blown ring-lands due to excessive heat.

For myself, I had an e-tune done by John followed by an actual dyno tune. Now I don't know how this affected the end result of my tune VS a straight e-tune, but superskaterxes; looked over my current tune as well as a log and determined it best to delete and start over before any real damage occurs.

Again, if you had your tune done by John, please email RT and have it at least checked out. More info about doing that can be found here:

FREE Check-Up for RichTune Customers!

Also, if you dont mind, post a copy of your most recent tune revision and a log for said tune. Mine are attached to this post.

Also here is a bit of citation:

http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/foru...6/#post2047403

http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/foru...ml#post2048151

Wow this is bad news and unfortunate for those customers, hope it turns out OK..

I hope all turns out for those who have been tuned by John are checked and given a clean bill of heath and no more zzb.

Thank god my tuner was Richard himself. But il email him anyway

sucks when you think your car is in good hands and this happens