User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dan's Garage - 2011 Mazda CX9 - Stormy Blue - Opticoat

Default Dan's Garage - 2011 Mazda CX9 - Stormy Blue - Opticoat

This was a second hand purchase a couple of weeks ago by Fats and Jmac. They wanted the slate wiped clean so to speak and the car Opti-Coated.

For a 2011 car it had not had the best of treatment. It had also been the victim of a particularly woeful detail.

The car as presented

Polish staining on all the plastics from a rather careless machine polish

Wheels not too bad

but again, shoddy detailing meant that they were only clean on the surface. The wheel barrels hadn't been cleaned in some time

A good APC soak of the wheels and also the wheel arches saw them come out better

Followed by a foam soak

And the usual two bucket wash, and decontamination.

Inspection under lights

50/50. Two stage machine polish

Post correction

Last edited by Caffeine Fiend; 06-05-2013 at 11:06 PM.
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Driver's side front guard had some extensive damage. It looked like someone had taken a brillo pad to it at some stage

Close ups

50/50

Post correction

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

A Pillar Before

After

Close up

Roof Before

After

Significant damage on the tops of the doors

After (some scratching could only be minimised)

Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Polish reside cleaned up and trim restored.

Some final pics (no outside shots as was dark)

damn you do nice work, all nice and clean for the babies
    love seeing you do fancy cars, but the difference in a "grocery getter" before/after is when you see what a good detail really does
    also, who cleans the inside of their wheels?

Amazing - you've got the skills

Damn mate. Did they buy the most banged up CX9 they could find, just to see if you could correct it

Done awesome work to bring that back to a form of civility.

Great work Dan! The previous owner needs a good smack on the bum for treating this car so badly, thank god for the gloss monster

Thanks Guys!

lol Sam. I guess if you're going to call yourself a Detailer then it's not unreasonable to focus on Details like wheel barrels. Especially when you're being paid to DETAIL.

Jase/Bobby, it surprised me how bad it was considering it was less than two years old. It's nice that Justin and Fats put their faith in me to bring it back up to spec. I'm also glad I didn't disappoint them

I meant your average car lover like me

Wonder how many people actually clean inside their wheels...

Nice work Gloss Monster , Its an awesome colour to.
    2 years old!! must of been the local cafe car wash regular, hopefully not anymore.
    I also always do the wheel barrels if i can, the challenge is doing them without cutting myself haha. My first car with white wheels is where it all started, the comments I was always given on them!

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post

hahah I knew what you meant. Was aimed at the previous "detailer" who worked on the car and in fact made it worse than it would have been before lol

I've Opti-Coated the wheels, both wheel faces and inside barrels (if supplied to me off the car) for a number of people in order to make them easier to maintain

Those people usually just need to high pressure hose or at most let some detergent dwell on the inside of the wheels before hosing clean. Without a coating it can still be done. You just need the right tools and to be more dilligent with maintaining them

Dan you did an awesome job, @Fats and I are very happy.
    The F6 will be seeing you in a few weeks

Geez some detailers really should'nt be detailers, thats a poor effort before hand, looks unreal now!

Yeah, can you believe that was 'detailed' by the previous owner... OMG>
    They made it WORSE.

Ah well that makes sense lol usually people that don't know what they're doing

What a top colour, without the haze of all that bad detailing it comes through brilliantly. Awesome work Dan, did you Opti-Coat the rear seats, might get a little messy back there

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE

Hahah Brad. I did leave that option open to Fats and Jmac should they start having issues keeping the leather clean.

Opti-Coat Leather and Vinyl treatment FTW (separate product to the Opti-Coat paint product)

damn you do nice work, all nice and clean for the babies
    love seeing you do fancy cars, but the difference in a "grocery getter" before/after is when you see what a good detail really does
    also, who cleans the inside of their wheels?
    The inside of wheels is not technically an interior, so yes they must be cleaned

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

I do... I am picky and like having a clean car
    Dan Opti-Coated my rims and it has made cleaning them much easier

Wool Wollies FTW!!

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Have to clean the barrel's. Whats the point of cleaning the face if the barrel looks like a turd in a tumble dryer lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast