User Tag List

Thread: Wiring in LED Headlight DRL strips

1. Default Wiring in LED Headlight DRL strips

Hi All,

I have ordered some of the LED DRL strips to attach under my headlights.
    Has anyone wired any of these in before and if so how did you go about wiring everything up?

My understanding is they need to be wired up to switch off when the headlights are switched on.

Also, if anyone has installated any of these without having to remove the bumper and has any tips that would be great

Cheers

2. Default

Hey bro, u surely r correct with them having to turn off with the headlights, or at least dim quite a bit to be legal anywhere in Australia. Ive installed a set of actual Phillips DRLs at work recently to a gen 2 mazda 3 in the small cutouts at the very bottom corners of the bumper. I didnt need to remove the bumper, but had the aid of a hoist. U could do it with the aid of a jack and stands but it will take a lot longer. The wire up was pretty simple. The wire for the parkers was really simple to access on the passenger side however the Phillips needed an ignition source which was harder to find. the only one we could find was in the fusebox next to the battery but it has a 30 sec delay turn off. Other than that relatively straight forward. Hope that helps