User Tag List

Thread: Swirl Removal and making the ol' girl shine again

1. Default Swirl Removal and making the ol' girl shine again

So uni holidays are fast approaching and i will have weekends to myself again who ever said full time studying and full time working at the same time was a good idea was a FOOL.. but thats off topic

I have deiced to use my free time to tidy up my car, which is looking a little sad with some light scratches, swirls and water marks on the bonnet and roof :'( Ive been reading up as much as i can on what products/pads to use and have come up with this combination, if anyone can add anything or tell me if im missing anything please let me know

Polisher - DAS-6 (dual action) as ive read this is a good one to start with, hard to wreck your paint.

Pads - L.C ORANGE > L.C TANGERINE > L.C Black

Polish - Prima Swirl > Prima Finish > Prima Banana Gloss

Of course i will clay the whole car first

Do you think the above combo will be enough to fix swirls, water marks and a few light scratches?

Also i read that ZAS will hook up forum members with specials prices, is that still available?

Cheers.

My car had some serious water marks on the bonnet and roof and alot of scratches, I went through a number of products till I found something that ended up working for the degree of damage to my paint. After alot of research and trial and error (without going nuts and removing all the clear coat) I endid up doing a bit of wet sanding on the really bad scratches and even one small patch of deep oxidation; followed by menzerna sample kit, starting with the fastgloss-fg500. In the end the car come up very good but it is hard not to be a perfectionist. I used opti-seal which was very easy to apply, actually applied 8 coats, a bit overkill. Might look into opti-coat next time. Anyway to sum up my car took alot more time and effort than i thought it would especially the water marks.

3. Default

Cheers for that azmps, yeah my water marks are decent the cost of parking your car outside for 6months lucky i have a garage now!

Looks like you have been doing your research haha. I haven't had experience with the lake County pads so cannot comment on that but all pads or polishes can react differently on different paint types. Only you can decide if you are happy with the finish on the day. Good luck!

Concours 900 or DAS 6 PRO are good options. The Pro version of the DAS is better powered than the standard DAS and worth the extra coin over the standard unit. The ZAS offer to OzMPS members will still be valid.

Almost any polisher has the ability to wreck paint. It's largely down to technique and prudence when using one. The best ethos is to always start with the least aggressive pad/polish combo and work up from there. You also have to accept that you're not always going to get everything out. Sometimes marring is just too deep to safely and responsibly remove. This can sometimes include water etching.

If you want to get into this side of car care, then head over to Detail Paradise and check it out. Detail Paradise - Australian Detailing Forum & Community

I'm an admin over there . It's a good community and has great info and resources.
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

6. Default

Caffeine Fiend - Thanks mate, i will jump over and check out that forum.