User Tag List

Thread: ADR Laws Re Hi vis flashing tail light.

Default ADR Laws Re Hi vis flashing tail light.

Im looking to install Hi Vis flashing Stop light.
    This product causes only the top mounted Stop light (above rear windscreen) to emit a sequence of 6 flashes within a 3 second time frame whilst braking .Then turn solid red .
    Evidence points to rear enders being a major issue and this flashing does cause attention to rear drivers.
    searched most avenues for legality within australia but can not find a definative answer .
    Any thoughts or input appreciated.

Default ADR Laws Re Hi vis flashing tail light.

Hmmm interesting
    I would agree as I ride a bike and always have my rear light flashing

Legality would be interesting

Peter "SLIXX"

Haven't checked the ADRs but my new car has an 'emergency brake light' feature which senses a panic situation and flashes the brake lights at a rate of four times per second until the speed reduces to 10 km/h. Based on this I would guess that what you want to do is not illegal.

Yup, factory setup on alot of new cars...

It's used in F1 which helps with drivers going over 300km/h, why not apply it on the road? lol

Because until there is a big public campaign to make everyone aware on what it is and its use 99% of drivers will say " is wrong with his brake light??? OH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!"

I have been seeing this everyday on Honda civic . It's distracting

I've seen them on a holden ss and subaru wrx sedan. It actually looks pretty good and it helps a bit especially during heavy rain or fog when you the taillights in front of you seems a bit dim.

As for OP's enquiry, IMO, I think this may cause an issue if it's flashing right in front of the driver's (behind) eyes.