User Tag List

Thread: Faded Red Honda Civic

Default TNCC - Faded Red Honda Civic

Hi All,

Never put this up here but I did this Honda civic for one of our MPS friends girlfirend. Wasn't in great shape. Car was being put up for sale and they wanted it looking better. It received a inside/out clean followed by a machine polish, and then given a wax after. I also gave the headlights a clean up & rejuvinated the exterior trims. Here's a few pics:

Before:

Bonnet 50/50

Roof:
    Before:

After:

Right Headlight:
    Before:

After:

Left Headlight:
    Before:

After:

Plastic Trims:

Afters:

Unfortunately some of the panels were a little to sundamaged to come back to a nice deep red like some of the others which was a little dissapointing but a happy end result.
    Last edited by MATMPS; 16-05-2013 at 01:11 PM.

Good effort to bring that paint back to life. As you said some bits were beyond repair but that car looks 100% better now

Wow, that is impressive.

Incredible work! Normally when detailing expensive cars there isn't such a huge difference in the before and after shots because they are never this bad when they come in. It's great to see what can be done with something this far gone!

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk 2

5. Default

Red and yellow, hardest colours to keep perfect, but this is amazing!

The headlight work is awesome too! I need to get a bit done on my car and will probably be hounding the detailing kings on here for tips. Scratches from mechanics and other sh*t that I didn't do is a real downer, not to mention the strange weathering I'm experiencing.

Once again, awesome work!

What substance do you use for the headlights?

Got rice bitch?!?

Great work Matt, a dead horse is a dead horse, but you just about brought this one back from the dead.

Start a how to thread in Headlight rejuvenation, there are some old cars out there, the peeps will love you for it.

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE

Thanks for all the comments fellas. It was a fun rewarding job. Regarding the headlights I used cutting compound on my DA Polisher & then used a sealant on them for some protection.

Looks great, nice work. What's the umm blotchy white stuff on the roof (in sunroof pic) - remnants of bird shite?

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
    Looks great, nice work. What's the umm blotchy white stuff on the roof (in sunroof pic) - remnants of bird shite?
    Thanks mate, No I think this was caused by some kind of acidic water driping onto the roof. Happened to another Hilux which was parked in the garage. There was a pool above the garage and somehow chlorine water landed on the bonnet and left very similar marks, although they were pretty much embedded in the paint. These marls however did not go 100% but were reduced pretty well.

Awesome work Matt! Agreed with Brad, a small tutorial on headlight rejuvenation would be a really handy thread

Quote Originally Posted by MPSBNE View Post
    Awesome work Matt! Agreed with Brad, a small tutorial on headlight rejuvenation would be a really handy thread
    Thanks Bobby. There are multiple steps you can take to clean your headlights but honestly all i did was run my buffer over the headlights and then hit it with a sealant type wax after!

Good effort, wouldn't of thought that much damage could come up so well

Wow what an amazing result. If you don't mind me asking, what did you use for plastic trimmings?

Hi Gezza,

Thankyou! For plastic trimmings I use Nanolex Trim Rejuvinator.