User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Running Autotech internals before tune

Default Running Autotech internals before tune

Hi guys.

I'm getting the Autotech internals in preperation for an AP OTS tune but I was wondering if it is safe to have the internals in and running prior to tuning?

Cheers

It's fine

All good mate!

Great. Cheers for the replies.

I'm getting my tyres done at Kmart Tyre and Auto soon - reckon it's safe to get them to do the internals while they're at it or get a recommendation for another mechanic?

I personally wouldn't go anywhere near kmart tyre and auto for tyres let alone installing fuel pump internals but that's just me. I did mine myself, however maybe a mechanic with a bit of experience with the MPS would be more reassuring.

I've actually found K-mart tyre and auto quite good to deal with, though maybe this is just because the one near my place is very nice.
    The people are quite friendly and helpful, willing to fit you in, always seem to have pretty good prices etc, but i wouldn't go to them for installing fuel pump internals. There are plenty of how to guides, a few vids and tons of info on how to do it yourself...

Fair enough. Anyone got a recommendation for a mechanic/shop to install the internals in Canberra/ACT?

@SarcasticOne found any good mechanics in Canberra?

Quote Originally Posted by GoonBong View Post
    Fair enough. Anyone got a recommendation for a mechanic/shop to install the internals in Canberra/ACT?
    Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    @SarcasticOne found any good mechanics in Canberra?
    I believe "dyno tune" in belco installed @Jimbo 's fuel pump
    They are one of the few places that have actually had done experience with an MPS, seen mine and jimbos... Am taking mine there next week for a service and an inspection, try to locate a sound at full throttle in upper rpm's...
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Brilliant. Appreciate it lads. When it comes to fuel pumps on these things you can't be too careful. Once it arrives I'll give them a call and arrange an install.

Where did you buy them through? Could you please tell me, either here or in pm how much they cost + shipping?

Got them from Edge Autosport: Autotech Hi Volume Fuel Pump Upgrade HPFP Internals Mazdaspeed 3 6 MS3 MS6 for just under $400 shipped.

also @GoonBong there is a meet up next sunday if you're interested... a few of us nut cases getting together for a bit of a laugh/silliness over lunch
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/cruis...ing-visit.html

Sounds good SarcasticOne. I'll double check I've got nothing on that day and might sound off in that thread. Cheers.

Got them from Edge Autosport: Autotech Hi Volume Fuel Pump Upgrade HPFP Internals Mazdaspeed 3 6 MS3 MS6 for just under $400 shipped.
    Ok sweet. Was wanting to know roughly what they cost to ship.
    Thanks.
    --> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

Quote Originally Posted by GibbA View Post
    Ok sweet. Was wanting to know roughly what they cost to ship.
    Thanks.
    No probs. $400 is a small price to pay to avoid joining the Zoom Zoom Boom club. I've read some hectic horror stories around the Interwebs when that fuel pressure drops...

No probs. $400 is a small price to pay to avoid joining the Zoom Zoom Boom club. I've read some hectic horror stories around the Interwebs when that fuel pressure drops...
    Yup lol. I've read plenty of it too. I know i'll be buying these in the near future just so i have them on hand to install at the first opportunity. Autotech internals seem to have a very very good reputation, and so does edge.
    --> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

FYI its okay to run them after a tune as well, but always best to tune again.

Yeah Dyno tune Belco installed mine no issues, can tell them you know me if u want so they look after you, im scott's cousin (jamie) his the guy with glasses. They did most of the work on my car so they are familiar with MPS cus of this reason. Cheers

Thanks Jimbo. I'll let them know. My internals wont be shipped from Edge for about a month due to a backlog so I'll line it up once they rock up. Good to know that at least one mob in the ACT is decent.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast