User Tag List

Thread: DIY Garage - Who wants to open one with me!

Thumbs up DIY Garage - Who wants to open one with me!

After looking into ideas for starting own business and what not I came across someone who has actually opened one however only in America! I haven't heard of such a place in Australia but someone correct me if I'm wrong but this would be great for all Automotive enthusiast as we know such equipment and tools are not cheap.

I know for a fact I would definitely use such a service.

What are your thoughts?

Automotive Lift | Your Dream Garage

I like it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

It's a great idea. I guess the big issue would be mitigating any liabilities with people injuring themselves whilst carrying out works on your property.

I'd use it for sure. I'm mechanically skilled ( can use tools ) but no idea and not much confidence to do much to the car that isn't basic electronics.

It'd be even better if you had skilled mechanics on hand to guide / bail out n00bs like me with advice and pointers.

You might even be able to hook up with insurance companies and high schools to teach the basics of safety maintenance ( change a tyre safely, check pressures and fluids etc... ) - there is some instant business for you with a low cost-of-sale.

If you need business help try SBMS small business mentoring services - they'll help you run the numbers, build the business plan etc and they're cheap.

Your main issues will be young people doing stupid things in cars, tool theft/damage, insurance and after-hours break-in's etc. nothing that's a show stopper but just things you need to consider.

Good luck, hope you open a few across the country and make some $$!
    Stock Standard MPS 6 | Opticoat Paint Protection By Caffeine Fiend | Custom GPS, Bluetooth and Digital music integration by Me | Rattles by Mazda

Awesome idea, but yeah like @tims said lot of risks involved with tools being stolen and injuries. I always wished something was available such as this for doin things like downpipes. How much easier it could have been

It makes sense as we really only need the occasional use of jacks, axle stands, hoists, certain tools like torque wrenches, cat spanners, analysis gear, etc. You need a good environmental setup now for waste and lube disposal, and a solid way of ensuring people don't do dumb things and / or walk off with your gear. As to capital requirements, you could spend a lot in the end but I figure it can be built up gradually.