User Tag List

Thread: Peugeot's hot new coupe RCZ-R

Default Peugeot's hot new coupe RCZ-R

French car maker adds 194kW RCZ-R to local line-up.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	peugeot_729-620x349.jpg 
Views:	269 
Size:	45.9 KB 
ID:	14065

Peugeot is planning a fast and frugal double-sided attack on Australia next year with a hotter version of its RCZ coupe and a couple of hybrids. Their arrival will cap off a busy 12 months for the French car maker. The regular 208 hatch arrived in February, the GTi hot-hatch lands in July and the 2008 small SUV will be here by October, Peugeot has confirmed that it will add its most-powerful ever production car, the RCZ-R coupe, to its local line-up in 2014.
    At the other end of the spectrum, it is also currently evaluating adding diesel hybrid variants of the 3008 SUV and 508 station wagon.
    “The [RCZ-R] is confirmed to come to Australia although we don’t have confirmed timings or volumes as yet,” said Peugeot Australia managing director Bill Gillespie.
    Advertisement
    “We are currently negotiating with Automobiles Peugeot to secure the car for the Australian market. The RCZ-R will be produced in very limited numbers and will be highly sought after as a collector’s item.
    “If we were allocated 20 a year we would be very happy given the world-wide demand.”
    The RCZ-R is essentially a hand-built, hard-core variant of the classy coupe based on the racing version which competed in the Bathurst 12-hour earlier this year and in European endurance races at the Nurburgring. Its 1.6-litre turbo four has been wicked up to produce 194kW, giving it one of the highest specific outputs of any production engine, and a Torsen front diff has been added to ensure the extra power is transferred into traction rather than wheelspin.
    It is expected the RCZ-R will command a reasonable premium over the $56,000 standard coupe with Peugeot hoping it can lock-in a showroom price of about $70,000, putting it in competition with the likes of the BMW M135i and Mercedes-Benz A45 AMG.

Looks HOT! 1.6ltr 194kw Damn must have some lag

Odd the original roumor was that it was never going to come here...

But now that it is.. Where do I sign!...

Also the current 147kw 1.6lt has no lag. Unlike my sisters MPS3. All though when it runs out of puff you know about it.

Wow thats nice numbers from a 1.6lt, must be a decent sized turbo. Looks like a clone of a TT though

Yeah nice all-rounder right there. Pity it's a Peugeot :P

I used to own a Peugeot 206 gti180 before the Mazda. I have to say it was a fun car but I would never own a Peugeot again

Got rice bitch?!?

The only thing that lets it down in my eyes, from having seen a RCZ in the flesh, is the rear end.

From front on they are hot as...From the back...Damn it is ugly lol.

Good thing I am always behind you Littlered.

Also the RCZ-R has a actual rear wing. Not a fold out jobby. So it helps a little.

I quite like it, looks great in matte black also. That's a very impressive power figure too! FWD no?
    Don't understand why Peugeot attracts so much hate, my dad used to have one when he was younger, was a great car.
    I had one for a short time and was one of the nicest cars I've driven (for what it was)