User Tag List

Thread: Aftermarket clutch upgrade - any reviews on Cpe clutch?

1. Default Aftermarket clutch upgrade - any reviews on Cpe clutch?

Hey guys,

In the process of looking for a replacement clutch after noticing my clutch is on its way out (nice metal burn smell along with sticky clutch syndrome) did not want to go into gear today until i popped the clutch back up with my foot then engaged it again.

Before i purchase an aftermarket clutch i am going to try and eliminate any other possibilities of sticky clutch syndrome, I will be purchasing corksports braided clutch line to see if it makes any difference.

I am curious tho, has anyone tried Cp-e stage 1 2 or 3 clutch upgrades? my future plans for the car is trying to make about the 200kw atw mark and i am going to kill 2 birds with the one stone when ordering my clutch (so looking at the stage 2).

Could not find reviews for this clutch anywhere so any help would be appreciated.

Spec 3 fidenza works great.

3. Default

Do you have it in your car? and for how long?

Spec 3 clutch kit recommend there own billet flywheel? but your saying spec 3 clutch kit + fidenza flywheel is the best option?

Guessing not many people opt for the cpe clutch kits

Its holding a 240kw mps, great kit drives great!!! had it in for 20000-30000ks now (I did sell the car tho still in the family tho). Even a 60yr old hoon loves it

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by RedDjinn View Post
    Its holding a 240kw mps, great kit drives great!!! had it in for 20000-30000ks now (I did sell the car tho still in the family tho). Even a 60yr old hoon loves it
    Good to know, so stick with spec stage 3 clutch + fidenza flywheel ill keep that in mind, is there much nvh increase?

NONE I could find..

7. Default

NONE I could find..
    Alright, thanks for making this a quick and easy decision

8. Default

New question - When i get my clutch install is it beneficial to get dump pipe install? is it just as accessible while the mechanic is doing clutch? and i would save on labour costs?

No. gearbox is on different side to gearbox, by this I mean DP doesn't unbolt near DP. That's no to say you wont save $ from combo deal from the mech

maybe @MPS2NV could shed more light

- - - Updated - - -

He has done more gearbox's/clutch's than me... I have done none

11. Default

No. gearbox is on different side to gearbox, by this I mean DP doesn't unbolt near DP. That's no to say you wont save $ from combo deal from the mech
    Thanks red, trying to make this into a positive experience lol

Just tryn to help

If its cpe it can't be bad as far as the dp goes it depends on how the mechanic tackles the job if its a 6.