User Tag List

Thread: Postage Costs

Default Postage Costs

Can you update your website to reflect actual postage costs not inflated postage costs, because the last item i bought i was charged $40 postage but when i saw the postage invoice the actual cost was only $20 which is a 50% increase which i don't think is very fair.

2. Default

Hey chef, thanks for the post. Postage is really hard to nail down using APIs sometimes. There are times when it is slightly different and times where it's right on. There are certain postages that aren't able to be selected that should be options through USPS, for example. But they don't account for flat rate shipments. There are also times where some customers actually pay less than what the shipment actually ends up costing us. Due to software limitations and sheer amount of products on the site, it's next to impossible to make them all perfect. If anyone feels like the shipping cost may be a bit too much, send us an email and we'll give you a more accurate quote.

Just to be clear, we definitely NEVER intentionally mark up shipping costs.

Thanks Edge for the advice.

Yes thanks Edge, I won't be using website postage calculator anymore

Thanks MR Edge for your help and advice

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Sent from my Olivetti typewriter

Will give you guys a holla tomorrow for some parts and shipping quote!

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Can you update your website to reflect actual postage costs not inflated postage costs, because the last item i bought i was charged $40 postage but when i saw the postage invoice the actual cost was only $20 which is a 50% increase which i don't think is very fair.
    i hate to be the ass here, but a markup to $40 from $20 is actually a 100% increase

Thanks also for the info Edge