User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A few questions

Default A few questions

I'm finally looking at into getting some intake mods

I'm looking at getting a CP-e Topmount and a stage 2 CORKSPORT SRI . I'm not looking to get huge amounts of power, Just to squeeze a little more power out of the engine without spending too much money.

Should I get a CAI instead of a SRI. I don't want to start the SRI v CAI debate

Is there anything else I need/should change while I'm getting these 2 things done?
    Sorry about all these questions, But I know next to nothing about cars and its always helpful to hear from you guys

I will be getting a tune after these mods are done
    Please note, That my exhaust will be remaining stock
    My Baby 2005 Mazda6 MPS Dark Purple

Mods|Corksport SRI+Airbox|Corksport TIP|CP-e REM|JBR EngineMounts 80A|20% Tint|Autometer Cobalt Series Gauges (Boost & Water Temp & Oil Pressure)

Ordered|Corksport TMIC|Cobb AP|

2. Default

Get the corksport airbox with the intake, it ensures cooler air by not allowing engine temps to impact on the air filter as much

SRI

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I dont think your going to get any more KW with a topmount and SRI,I got no extra with my topmount,you will prob only get cooler BAT and intake temps.
    Most people on forums get SRI

COBB AP and an SRI... Win!

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    I dont think your going to get any more KW with a topmount and SRI,I got no extra with my topmount,you will prob only get cooler BAT and intake temps.
    I can't see it getting no gains at all, People on the forums use a TMIC + a SRI

its better that a stock TMIC and a stock airbox, That's just my 2 cents :s

Mods|Corksport SRI+Airbox|Corksport TIP|CP-e REM|JBR EngineMounts 80A|20% Tint|Autometer Cobalt Series Gauges (Boost & Water Temp & Oil Pressure)

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    COBB AP and an SRI... Win!

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE
    The problem is, I'm worried as balls about screwing around with tuning myself. I'm likely to screw something up badly D:

Man, you must be doing it wrong.. How CANT you get more gains?
    Cooler intake charge = more timing.
    Less PSI drop across the core = less heat from turbo, more boost, more timing.

Either that or it was a cheap core..

My ETS TMIC made a very noticeable difference.
    @Zebbstar - Look at the corsport stage 2 intake with the cold air box. Awesome value and sound. Since its enclosed it is also street legal (in most states).

I ran both of these on a stock tune for about 10 months with no issues, eventually you are going to want to sort that out though.
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Man, you must be doing it wrong.. How CANT you get more gains?
    Cooler intake charge = more timing.
    Less PSI drop across the core = less heat from turbo, more boost, more timing.

Either that or it was a cheap core..

All i got from a DP,TIP,CPE Intercooler and ecutec retune was 9kw ATW so i figure most of those KW was from DP and not the intercooler ,dont you think ?

@Zebbstar - Look at the corsport stage 2 intake with the cold air box. Awesome value and sound. Since its enclosed it is also street legal (in most states).

I ran both of these on a stock tune for about 10 months with no issues, eventually you are going to want to sort that out though.

All i got from a CPE TMIC,TIP,and DP and Ecutec retune was 9 kw ATW ,at a guess most of that would of come from DP so i figure that a TMIC dosnt do much in the way of KW.What do you think

Something is seriously wrong there with a net gain of 9kw... id expect that with any one of the above at least, not all 3. The tune alone should have been more than that.
    Standard is 150-160KW ATW...

With DP, TMIC, SRI and hypertech I made 189KW ATW.. With AP STG2 + HPFP I made ~215KW..
    Last edited by Jmac; 24-04-2013 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zebbstar View Post
    The problem is, I'm worried as balls about screwing around with tuning myself. I'm likely to screw something up badly D:
    OTS maps are pretty safe. If you dont want to know about it just go ECUTEK with a suitable tuner.
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

12. Default

Adding a test pipe (it's a pipe that replaces the 2nd cat) biggest bang for buck i had when everything else was stock, when i added an sri/tip latre on it actually felt like it dropped power . If you get an Access Port you dont have to tune it yourself, you download the tunes from the same company to flash to the ECU and they wil give you a hefty increase in power by taking advantage of the new intake.
    Last edited by shaneski; 24-04-2013 at 06:36 PM.

How is it seriously wrong? when i had just a straight ecutec tune i went from 154kw atw to 182kw atw then with DP,TMIC,TIP and retune then went to 191kw.I would say that 191kw ATW on a mainline roller dyno is pretty standard?

14. Default

How is it seriously wrong? when i had just a straight ecutec tune i went from 154kw atw to 182kw atw then with DP,TMIC,TIP and retune then went to 191kw.I would say that 191kw ATW on a mainline roller dyno is pretty standard?
    Where was the tune done at?, the way you worded it previously seemed like you added all the modds and tune at the same time and only gained a small amount.

Ecutec Tune was done at ultimate tunes in canberra,

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post

Yeah I'm leaning towards the CS stage 2 SRI with the cold air box

17. Default

Ecutec Tune was done at ultimate tunes in canberra,
    Not dissing the guy that tuned it but with a DP and the other mods you have , should be able to get well over 200kw at the wheels with ecutek , although i am not sure the difference a hub dyno reads to a roller. When driving it whats wheelspin like in 2nd and 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by shaneski View Post
    Not dissing the guy that tuned it but with a DP and the other mods you have , should be able to get well over 200kw at the wheels with ecutek , although i am not sure the difference a hub dyno reads to a roller. When driving it whats wheelspin like in 2nd and 3rd.
    Arguably mainline roller dynos read the lowest ,they approw read 10% lower than a hub dyno ie (tune house,mrt etc) so 191kw on a mainline roller dyno = over 200kw on a hub dyno
    There is plenty of info on inetrnet about roller dyno and hub dyno readings.
    At last years the hot tuner challenge a MRT mps with ecutec tune,DP,TMIC,full exhaust only read on a mainline dyno 177kw ATW and the tunehouse mps with all that plus a modified turbo had 200 kw ATW

Arguably mainline roller dynos read the lowest ,they approw read 10% lower than a hub dyno ie (tune house,mrt etc) so 191kw on a mainline roller dyno = over 200kw on a hub dyno
    There is plenty of info on inetrnet about roller dyno and hub dyno readings.
    At last years the hot tuner challenge a MRT mps with ecutec tune,DP,TMIC,full exhaust only read on a mainline dyno 177kw ATW and the tunehouse mps with all that plus a modified turbo had 200 kw ATW
    The way I'm reading your posts, is that a tune gives you an expediential power boost(154kw atw - 182kw atw) and after that you got about 9kw boost from a dp, new TMIC, tip and another tune

It just doesn't make sense to me

Sounds like dyno paper trickery at the first tune and then trying to add more numbers afterwards just didn't stack up to me.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast