User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A few questions

No dyno trickery , dyno readings were 6 month apart and 28 kw ATW is pretty standard on a mainline dyno for a ECUTEC tune, tune house claim 40kw with just a tune on their website.
    From the tuners database my results were pretty standard in the ECUTEC Database.
    Although I only added 9kw extra with mods I did gain 40 nm torque

Yeah for a tune... What about the other mods? Still does not add up.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Yeah for a tune... What about the other mods? Still does not add up.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    I think you will find that 9 kw is about right for mods on a mainline as tunehouse claim on there website that a DP adds 9 kw on their hub dyno eg 201 kw with tune , tune with DP is 210kw

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    OTS maps are pretty safe. If you dont want to know about it just go ECUTEK with a suitable tuner.
    Just been looking at the Cobb AP and it does look pretty easy to use
    My Baby 2005 Mazda6 MPS Dark Purple

Mods|Corksport SRI+Airbox|Corksport TIP|CP-e REM|JBR EngineMounts 80A|20% Tint|Autometer Cobalt Series Gauges (Boost & Water Temp & Oil Pressure)

Ordered|Corksport TMIC|Cobb AP|

5. Default

Geez the numbers u guys throwing around higher than i would have thought. Pleasant surprise really. My MPS is stock and im pretty keen to install an SRI to let the poor girl breath a little better so i figured i should read up on the various tuning options i should consider, what gains in nm and responsiveness could be had, and wether it would be worth doing anything else at the same time (SRI+TIP+tune seems to b the sweet spot for me). I figured my car to be around 140atkw and i woud maybe see 150 with the above stage 1mods..... Guess i can aim a little higher although im not sure its nessesary for me. My old s13 was 185atwkw and overkill for a daily really. My main motivtions for the tune is removal of the torque limiter in 2nd,3rd and 4th and to be able to log data, fuel ratios, knock etc as well as the increases in torque/responsivness and some intake noise from the SRI haha.

Cobb AP looks to be up my alley, do these ecu upgrades have an actual display? Or do you pull data off using a laptop? I would really like to be able to see knock,boost and a digitil readout of speed in real time.

http://www.cobbtuning.com/Accessport-s/70458.htm

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Dyno trickery oh yes it can be done infront of a lot of people too. I speak first hand and its all in the strap tension and wheel positioning but a hub mount cant lie. Also ambient temps can rip 20kw with the same operator and methods. Just my 5c worth.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12