User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My first tunehouse experience and some car related concerns

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    Wow an 09 car with only 36k on the clock sounds too good to be true? I wonder what their reason was for pulling the engine apart. And for selling it for that matter heh.
    Its possible.. My 07 '6 had ~48k on it 12 months ago when I bought it..
    Stock Standard MPS 6 | Opticoat Paint Protection By Caffeine Fiend | Custom GPS, Bluetooth and Digital music integration by Me | Rattles by Mazda

All i can say is, if you think you have a problem, don't just depend on one workshop. If anything, i don't understand why a dyno / tune is even required to troubleshoot a issue like that. As much as a noob myself, but it sounded like it can only be a hardware issue than a tune issue.....

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by lovecolt View Post
    All i can say is, if you think you have a problem, don't just depend on one workshop. If anything, i don't understand why a dyno / tune is even required to troubleshoot a issue like that. As much as a noob myself, but it sounded like it can only be a hardware issue than a tune issue.....
    Mate, You read my mind.. I thinking it may be a BPV leak rather then turbo leak. Suggestions? any other places where I can get the problem rectified around sydney?
    Last edited by gurusev; 23-04-2013 at 01:03 PM.

The use of a dyno allows the workshop to replicate road driving conditions whilst monitoring the plethora of parameters to try to narrow down the cause of the problem.

The alternative you suggest with the accessport is great for tuning. But for you to try to get the issue resolved you will need to go out and drive the car (a car with which you believe there to be an issue) do your logs and have someone decipher them for you, unless you know enough to self diagnose. That process could take weeks.

If you aren't interested in getting a tune, then a workshop can just charge you for dyno time for them to try to narrow down the cause of your problems, then hopefully fix the component causing the issue/s.

Plenty of other workshops could help out, but tunehouse are forum sponsors and know the ins and outs of the MPS better than most others you could find.

Sent from Samsung Mobile

5. Default

Originally Posted by DarkSoul
    Only guessing here, but is the car running stock boost? Could be bpv leaking at high boost?

Quoting myself... i would switch bpv, do you live in sydney? ill help ya out with my stockie to see if that fixes it

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesa2z View Post
    The use of a dyno allows the workshop to replicate road driving conditions whilst monitoring the plethora of parameters to try to narrow down the cause of the problem.
    Going by that, does that mean all workshop now needed a dyno to troubleshoot customer's issue???

That sounded like i'm having a issue with my Window's PC, so lets do a whole reformat/reinstall of Window to fix the issue while making it run better after it.....
    When in doubt, power out....of control.

Ambrose @ Tunehouse Guest

Thanks for the feedback Gus and it was a pleasure working on your MPS3 on Saturday! Jim personally told me to thank you here and he'd be happy to talk with you directly if there is anything else you want to discuss about your car somewhere down the line.

I forwarded your query to Tony after you spoke to him on Monday and I believe he has already followed up with an email in regards to the breakdown.

As always, if there is anything we can help you with, please let us know

Quote Originally Posted by lovecolt View Post
    Going by that, does that mean all workshop now needed a dyno to troubleshoot customer's issue???

That sounded like i'm having a issue with my Window's PC, so lets do a whole reformat/reinstall of Window to fix the issue while making it run better after it.....
    The dyno can monitor your parameters without tuning it.

It's a method to assist in troubleshooting.

Sent from Samsung Mobile

I agree

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesa2z View Post
    The dyno can monitor your parameters without tuning it.

It's a method to assist in troubleshooting.

Sent from Samsung Mobile
    Correct me if i am wrong ,if Tunehouse are to monitor the parameters they can only do it via Ecutek ? and to do that he would have to purchase the licence for it which is around $1000, then it's the extra to use the dyno just to check/log the parameters, so at the same time if the problem is found may as well spend the bit extra to get a tune.

Quote Originally Posted by shaneski View Post
    Correct me if i am wrong ,if Tunehouse are to monitor the parameters they can only do it via Ecutek ? and to do that he would have to purchase the licence for it which is around $1000, then it's the extra to use the dyno just to check/log the parameters, so at the same time if the problem is found may as well spend the bit extra to get a tune.
    They charge about 100-150 per hour for dyno usage... That's what they quoted me when I was going to get an issue looked at.
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    They charge about 100-150 per hour for dyno usage... That's what they quoted me when I was going to get an issue looked at.
    What were they going to use to monitor the ECU with, i thought they would have to use Ecutek hence the purchase of a licence.

Quote Originally Posted by shaneski View Post
    What were they going to use to monitor the ECU with, i thought they would have to use Ecutek hence the purchase of a licence.
    Pay for licence to edit the ECU, don't need to pay to monitor
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Pay for licence to edit the ECU, don't need to pay to monitor
    Ahh i get it...sucks us licence payers don't then get the software to atleast get the ability to use the monitoring only bit.

15. Default

Hey mate, Thanks for the help, I am assuming its a bpv leak. That would be great. Yeah i do live in Sydney around Liverpool area. PM me and we can sort something out.. Thank again. Much appreciated QUOTE=DarkSoul;256186] Originally Posted by DarkSoul
    Only guessing here, but is the car running stock boost? Could be bpv leaking at high boost?

Quoting myself... i would switch bpv, do you live in sydney? ill help ya out with my stockie to see if that fixes it[/QUOTE]

16. Default

They quoted me 150 for a run and see if there is a boost leak. With kind assistance of @ DarkSoul, i should be able to eliminate possible bpv leak..

17. Default

With kind help of @DarkSoul, We found out that it is possibly a BPV leak. Next thing is to do Dyno monitoring. Any places anyone would suggest??

18. Default

Hey guys as stated earlier the problem seems to be a leaking bpv. So can anyone recommend me full recir bpv which produces great sound, mainly interested in one setting bpv rather than hybrid.. Cheers

19. Default

Forge v1

... But you knew I would say that

20. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSoul View Post
    Forge v1

... But you knew I would say that
    Haha mate, I wouldnt even guessed it . yeah I am thinking about it but my impression that it wont be loud enough after putting a SRI and TIP.. Any other one would you suggest??

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast