User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Versatuner on Gen 2 Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    A lot of people always say that one should go with what has been tested and what works. Nothing wrong with that, but I have always liked to do things a little different. I got old many times to go for the AP but I wanted to see if this VT is any good, well I got my answer.

There is nothing wrong paying $1600 for something if it works, yes it must be frustrating to see other new packages doing the same for a third of the price, but it is difficult to always stay ahead in the game. It is like computers, buy the latest model today and by the end of the month a new one has been launched, you will never win. You dug in with your tuning solution and it yielded results, that is what counts.

The big thing to remember is that my car is completely stock, it is just the tune and I plan on keeping it like that, it only has 9000km's on it at this stage.

I guess next for me is to prove the numbers on the roller dyno and on the 1/4 at Willowbank.
    I'm too scared to do the whole e tune thing,look forward to the progression of this thread.

So I got bored and started playing with the software, I raised the WOT AFR's to 11.5 ish from 4000 rpm to redline as the OTS tune had it running in the 10's. I also added 1-2 degrees of timing in areas I thought needed it and as you can see, it made a little difference, still no boost added from the OTS map.

I will smooth things out a little to make it look better but it runs pretty good.

Feel free to comment or ask questions.............
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Grumpy; 01-06-2013 at 05:05 PM.
    Cheers

Grumpy

Tuned with
    By Alex...........

Ok so I increased the loads from the OTS High load map and there goes the fuel pressure, lowest it dropped was 1200's, 1254 to be exact. Now I am not sure whether I want to add the HPFP mod yet as my car is still too new so I will dial it back to the previous loads and leave it as is for now.

So it seems that at about 190kw atw, using VD numbers, the HPFP is starting to lag behind, not bad considering my car is totally stock except for the K&N flat panel filter. This tune was purely to try and find that point where it will be needed, always knew it was coming!

I will continue to play with the software to get a 180kw tune dialed in and smooth the AFR's and the timing as good as I can.

That is the journey thus far, next up would be the quarter mile at Willowbank to see if I would need a driver mod as well..........
    Cheers

Grumpy

Tuned with
    By Alex...........

Great job man great to see your progress. Would love to head out to Willowbank it's been awhile.

@KFuNk thanks mate, I will try and head out after the Winter Nationals next weekend. Say a two to three weeks, we could see if anybody else wants to come along as well.

I have had a bit of a thought on why the HPFP limits were reached so soon and it must be due to efficiencies, or rather the lack there of. I reckon that if I do the Top mount, the SRI/CAI and the TIP, I might be able to reach 200 before the HPFP becomes necessary.

But I think for the purpose of which I got the Versatune, to max the stock setup, I am happy. I mean to go from 150 odd to just over 180 was a good deal, not a lot out there that will net you 30kw for roundabout 500 bux!!
    Cheers

Grumpy

Tuned with
    By Alex...........

Have You played with any of your DBW tables @Grumpy?

Quote Originally Posted by MPS2NV View Post
    Have You played with any of your DBW tables @Grumpy?
    No not yet mate, might just play with it now that you mentioned it. I just need to do some logs again with this cold weather to where everything's at.

Have you played with them yet? I will do some reading first to see what would be the best options.
    Cheers

Grumpy

Tuned with
    By Alex...........

I noticed in the dash board feature there is a dbw calibration preset, I can't find anything on the principle of adjusting/ calibrating it in vt forum, I had a small play with the app adjustment. I noticed that in available tune downloads that the throttle fully open is the dbw table normal extended. More just questioning the calibration preset? Gen 2 may have different logic in that area

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    No not yet mate, might just play with it now that you mentioned it. I just need to do some logs again with this cold weather to where everything's at.

Have you played with them yet? I will do some reading first to see what would be the best options.
    Every man should have a V8 ute.....with a Chev badge.....and a Southern Cross sticker! Mods? What mods?

@MPS2NV I will have a look into it as well, will post up if I find anything.

Nice to know the what your ment to be doing before extending your throttle lol
    If there is a process to extend your dbw based on logs that would be good!
    Last edited by MPS2NV; 26-06-2013 at 09:32 PM.

Im thinking its more a smoothing thing, based on boost/load trends in data logs you can apply a preferable max DBW throttle angle for those load/rpm cells in your DBW table, you may want to allow full throttle (80%) or decrease to help control any rapid increases in boost/load.

may not be same for gen2 btw!
    Last edited by MPS2NV; 27-06-2013 at 10:28 PM.

12. Default

If you have any questions about table functions, please feel free to email me.

Ok so I eventually got round to increasing the loads and flashed the map. I must add that I have NOT added any timing yet as the timing tables are still the stock 98 High load OTS tables.

Outside temps were 29* and I allowed the car to heat soak pretty good to make sure that all is well. Boost is just shy of 20psi and run out at redline is about 16psi.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Cheers

Grumpy

Tuned with
    By Alex...........

@2XS mate do you reckon one of your DP's will push me over 200?????

Oh and just in case anybody wants to know what I flow with my stock KO4, the max I got was 227g/s. I attached the 4th gear log so you can see.
    Attached Files Attached Files

16. Default

Mate you are almost there for 200, another degree of timing if there is no knock will do it,

Yeah that is what I was thinking. I will start playing with the timing and see if I can get it across the line......

18. Default

Or if you havent already delete the second cat with a bolt in pipe it wil give a good power hit.

Very nice mate !
    I've been curious about the VT software keen to have a play with it!

Quote Originally Posted by rayd View Post
    Very nice mate !
    I've been curious about the VT software keen to have a play with it!
    Considering I have only fitted a K&N flat panel filter, the gains are pretty solid.
    Cheers

Grumpy

Tuned with
    By Alex...........

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast