User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Versatuner on Gen 2 Experience

Good call! lol

I figured it out, here you go mate!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Ifail won't open it up lol will have to look at it tomorrow lol

How big is the file?

ive updated the max image size to 1MB, it was only half that.

I will try that again. Car is running pig rich on the stock tune.........9.3 at just over 6000rpm.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E10 stock map.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	138.4 KB 
ID:	14109  
    Last edited by Grumpy; 02-05-2013 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    I will try that again. Car is running pig rich on the stock tune.........9.3 at just over 6000rpm.
    yup, and boost disappears after 5500rpm, along with throttle closing
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

All right here is the VD with the E10 still, but this time with the Versatune 95 Map. I have added the stock map run in as comparison.

The car feels so much stronger than stock, I just love it. Comments welcome......btw the max KR I saw was 0.49.

Name:	E10 95 Map v stock map.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	153.3 KB 
ID:	14113  

Righto, some very good results in this last one. We have the stock tune (on E10) versus the 95 Versatune Map (on E10) versus the 98 Versatune High load on 98 Fuel.

Now from stock we have have had 161kw and 331Nm of torque. This was done on United E10 (95 oct). This was the Highest numbers of the three runs, ie before the heatsoak starts to pull the numbers down. The highest KR recorded out of the three runs was 0.38.

Then I flashed the Versatune 95 Map and got 176Kw and 358Nm of torque. This was also done on United E10. This one was once again the highest numbers out of the three runs. The highest KR recorded was 0.48.

The tanks was now almost empty so I filled with 98, again United. We got 184Kw and 374 Nm. Also the highest of the three and the maximum KR that was recorded was 0.48.

I think that those are some excellent results there from the OTS Maps. The KR that was recorded was only present for a very short time in some of these runs, some runs had zero KR recorded so at this stage the KR cannot even be confirmed as being real knock. From my perspective this is a very good product, I am glad I got this and I did not go the previously traveled path. This was very easy to use and the power increase is amazing. I thought I had a bit of torque steer before, I was wrong........I now have torque steer!!!

The car is a different beast altogether, punch it in first and it will rub the 18's with ease, snap it to second and the rubbing continues for a bit, then third and the speed just increases like there is no end! You have to remember that my car is COMPLETELY STOCK, nothing changed anywhere!!!!

I would recommend the Versatune package to anybody with a Gen 2, you will be impressed!

Name:	E10 Stock map v E10 VT 95 Map v 98 VT High Load Map.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	138.8 KB 
ID:	14114  
    Last edited by Grumpy; 05-05-2013 at 10:45 AM.
    Cheers

Grumpy

Tuned with
    By Alex...........

10. Default

Would be interesting to see logs with the untited 100 on the 98 map to see if it has any effect on knock

I will fill up the next tank with 100 and give it a go but I am sure that there will be no knock as the knock I see on 98 is inconsistent so it also cannot be proven as true knock.

How is your fuel pressure?

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE

Have not checked it on this latest map yet, but on the 95 one it was holding between 1600 and 1700psi. I will give it a log or two tomorrow to check.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    How is your fuel pressure?

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE
    Fuel pressure is holding fine, still hovering between 1600 and 1700. So I filled with United 100 on the same High Load Map, did a few 3rd gear and one 4th gear log, attached is the first 3rd gear run and the 4th gear run which was the third run I did, no big difference in VD.

As for the fuel, no surprises there. I did not expect to get any more, nor any less knock as the knock that I have experienced so far was not repeatable.

Having driven the car now with this map for a week, I must say that is quite enjoyable. I just need to be careful in first and second gear as it will loose traction, but other than that it absolutely flies....

I have obviously not tried the AP but I am fairly confident that VT can hold its own when it comes to performance. As for live parameter displaying, it has got one up on the AP as I can display a heap of parameters at the same time. It also shows me minimum and maximums so I can clearly see where everything went. Yes the downside is that you have a laptop in the car but seeing that I was already use to it coming from EvoScan, it is not a hindrance to me at all.

Well I think I will stick with my current map for a while, I have left it slightly rich on WOT for the time being. The highest Absolute Load I have hit is just shy of 1.9, was 1.88 actually, so it is getting up there. Maximum airflow I got was 235 g/s.

Let me know if you guys want me to attach any logs ok

Name:	United 100 VT High load map.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	118.5 KB 
ID:	14163  
    Cheers

Grumpy

Tuned with
    By Alex...........

15. Default

Fuel pressure is holding fine, still hovering between 1600 and 1700. So I filled with United 100 on the same High Load Map, did a few 3rd gear and one 4th gear log, attached is the first 3rd gear run and the 4th gear run which was the third run I did, no big difference in VD.

As for the fuel, no surprises there. I did not expect to get any more, nor any less knock as the knock that I have experienced so far was not repeatable.

Having driven the car now with this map for a week, I must say that is quite enjoyable. I just need to be careful in first and second gear as it will loose traction, but other than that it absolutely flies....

I have obviously not tried the AP but I am fairly confident that VT can hold its own when it comes to performance. As for live parameter displaying, it has got one up on the AP as I can display a heap of parameters at the same time. It also shows me minimum and maximums so I can clearly see where everything went. Yes the downside is that you have a laptop in the car but seeing that I was already use to it coming from EvoScan, it is not a hindrance to me at all.

Well I think I will stick with my current map for a while, I have left it slightly rich on WOT for the time being. The highest Absolute Load I have hit is just shy of 1.9, was 1.88 actually, so it is getting up there. Maximum airflow I got was 235 g/s.

Let me know if you guys want me to attach any logs ok
    Thats very impressive with the low boost you have, wait till you raise it and go over the 200kw mark and it's a double edged sword thinking eff this thing has grunt at the same time thinking wish it had some form of traction in 2nd, but you wil love hearing the squeal of tires in 3rd while it's trying to turn hard right.

Righto, some very good results in this last one. We have the stock tune (on E10) versus the 95 Versatune Map (on E10) versus the 98 Versatune High load on 98 Fuel.

Now from stock we have have had 161kw and 331Nm of torque. This was done on United E10 (95 oct). This was the Highest numbers of the three runs, ie before the heatsoak starts to pull the numbers down. The highest KR recorded out of the three runs was 0.38.

Then I flashed the Versatune 95 Map and got 176Kw and 358Nm of torque. This was also done on United E10. This one was once again the highest numbers out of the three runs. The highest KR recorded was 0.48.

The tanks was now almost empty so I filled with 98, again United. We got 184Kw and 374 Nm. Also the highest of the three and the maximum KR that was recorded was 0.48.

I think that those are some excellent results there from the OTS Maps. The KR that was recorded was only present for a very short time in some of these runs, some runs had zero KR recorded so at this stage the KR cannot even be confirmed as being real knock. From my perspective this is a very good product, I am glad I got this and I did not go the previously traveled path. This was very easy to use and the power increase is amazing. I thought I had a bit of torque steer before, I was wrong........I now have torque steer!!!

The car is a different beast altogether, punch it in first and it will rub the 18's with ease, snap it to second and the rubbing continues for a bit, then third and the speed just increases like there is no end! You have to remember that my car is COMPLETELY STOCK, nothing changed anywhere!!!!

I would recommend the Versatune package to anybody with a Gen 2, you will be impressed!
    Very good result, I got same as that with a $1600 ECUTEC tune.

glad to hear it's going along nicely!
    didnt expect any difference going from 98 to 100ron, increasing fuel quality on the same map wont make a difference
    curious to see if you push it any harder

I might clean up the AFR's and bang in a bit more boost later on, for now I am still enjoying the added powa!

@chef yeah I must say I am pretty stoked as well.

I might clean up the AFR's and bang in a bit more boost later on, for now I am still enjoying the added powa!

@chef yeah I must say I am pretty stoked as well.
    Makes me cry mine cost $1600 ,lol

A lot of people always say that one should go with what has been tested and what works. Nothing wrong with that, but I have always liked to do things a little different. I got old many times to go for the AP but I wanted to see if this VT is any good, well I got my answer.

There is nothing wrong paying $1600 for something if it works, yes it must be frustrating to see other new packages doing the same for a third of the price, but it is difficult to always stay ahead in the game. It is like computers, buy the latest model today and by the end of the month a new one has been launched, you will never win. You dug in with your tuning solution and it yielded results, that is what counts.

The big thing to remember is that my car is completely stock, it is just the tune and I plan on keeping it like that, it only has 9000km's on it at this stage.

I guess next for me is to prove the numbers on the roller dyno and on the 1/4 at Willowbank.
    Cheers

Grumpy

Tuned with
    By Alex...........

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast