User Tag List

Thread: Adjustable WhiteLine Rear Sway Bar MPS6 Not Adjusting Need Help!!!

Default Adjustable WhiteLine Rear Sway Bar MPS6 Not Adjusting Need Help!!!

I purchased a Adjustable Whiteline Rear Sway Bay from Protege Garage about a month ago. (BMR82Z) Got it installed but the stock end links dont not matter how hard we tried wont go on the harder setting. The length is not the issue, the angle to connect to the lower control arm is to too steep and twisted and wont go in. Took it to Pedders and they said there is no way they are going in. It goes in perfectly in the softer setting but not the harder one. (only 2 holes??) To make matters worst took my mechanic 6 hours to install! also i purchased more than $600 worth of stuff from Protege Garage and everything they sent me was wrong!! Bar the sway bar i thought until today!!
    I ordered adjustable whiteline swaybar, AWA engine mount kit and Denso spark plugs, i ended up 3 long weeks later with brake pads for a mazda 929?? and NGK spark plugs plus the white line sway bar.

Now im thinking that the swaybar they also f@%ked up is well. I check the packaging serial number and it checks out ok..
    BMR82Z checked this before i took it to the mechanic, but when i called whiteline today they asked me to check for a sticker on the top of the swaybay to double check they didnt just repackage it. By memory there was no sticker on the bar when i opened it. To make things worst the sticker would be above the diff, between the sub frame and fuel tank. How the f@&k am i suppose to get to that with out taking the bay out again!! not to mention im already $400 down for the install!!

BTW the car is on lowered kings springs we also tried adjustable sway bar links at Pedders but still cant get it on. They guy at Pedders has being in the industry for more than 15 years and he couldn't understand why. As he said there is only a 10mm difference between the holes and the swaybay it self all looks perfectly fit for the car, they even had a height sensor attachment for the headlights that went on with no issues. We tried compressing it as much as we can (we took the spring out, no luck the angle doesn't change still the stock endlink wont go in the control arm)

Does anyone have pictures on there swaybay to swaybar link to lower control arm photo i can cross reference with mine?

I put some photos up as soon as i get a chance this weekend.

Anyone needs Hawk brake pads for a mazda 929??

Never order from any company dealing in mps parts that has "garage" in their name

Guessing out of stock for densos, no excuse for brake pads, and weird about RSB.

Also, reason it took so long is because you have a MPS6... Had to drop the diff & mounts in order to install it

Everything is more complicated on a 6...
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Whiteline is australian, try giving them a call.

6hrs labour to fit a RSB in a 6......you got a good deal

And as Sam above said. Never buy from anyone with garage in their business name. It's an unwritten rule around here. Just ask @Jmac
    You should consider yourself lucky you even got parts from them. How long did they take?

I heard good feedback from here and ms6 forum so I went with them. But yea they sure wont be getting my business every again.
    Anyone got photos of white line swaybar and how it links to the lower control arms?

The parts took 3 weeks to come!

bullshit he has been in the industry 15 years if he cannot solve this very simple problem. it is very common for adjustable sway bars for the stock end link not to get the angles required for various settings. problem is solved with rose joint endlinks, as they allow better angles than what stockos can. i guess that is pedders monkeys for you. has he been working for kmart tyre and auto for the past 14.99 years?