User Tag List

Thread: stock stereo problem...help?

Default stock stereo problem...help?

Hey everyone,

Switched from fm to CD last night and the stereo just spit out all 6 disks and if I put them back in it would just say reading then CD check then spit them back out again I checked to see off the disks were dirty or had scratches but there's nothing wrong CD wise.

Has this happened to anyone else and how do I fix it? Hoping I don't have to replace the whole stock unit

Try taking the battery negative off for 30 mins. Should definitely help. Maybe ur CD player is just mad at you.

Yeah was thinking it was hating on me. I 'll disconnect the battery tonight and hope that works

Think I might just go aftermarket double dim and put my amps and speakers from my previous car in amd upgrade the stereo all round. Being a gen 1 is there anyway of keeping the climate control display?

Do u have Bose or just standard. If Bose then it's pita, went to 3 professionals n they said no cant do it.

Please also ensure this guy isn't printed of any of the discs nor is burnt onto the disc cause that would be a problem...

Yeh it's BOSE. If he was on anything of mine I would give the nearest person to me permission to cut off my ears and drown me. I think I've seen on an old post before my phone died and I could remember where it was wether on this ste or not that there is a way to do it. If I can't keep the climate control display would you think It would stay at where I have it set now or would it change when the battery gets disconnected and reconnected? It's pretty well timed that the unit decides to stop working when I have had the car a month and the warranty covers everything accept the stereo......

Why doesn't the warranty cover the stereo if you've only had it a month? Brand new, dealer used, private used? Have you modified the stereo system at all?

Dealer used, covers absolutely everything other than the stereo. Nope nothing done to the stereo still original speakers and everything. No idea why they wouldn't budge on it either..just got the usual it's not mechanical and we don't offer any cover and it could break from cd's being forced into it blah blah speel. At least I got the 5 year warranty thrown in for free and first 3 services free.

Plus I hate listening to the radio it's just the same 10-20 songs on repaet and shuffle all day everyday with slight variation between the different channels and peple just talking rubbish inbetween and terrible traffic updates that just say the same thing everyday..deagon deviation, springwood, gympie road

It looks like statutory warranty on dealership cars varies slightly from state to state... you might want to check yours. But it looks like most explicitly state stereos are not covered...

I want to upgrade too to a double din have been told it can be done keeping the climate control

Yes it can be done. What you will loose is the LCD display with stereo info, the climate control display will still work

If you get one of the ebay OEM style stereo's that play DVD, Satnav etc, everything on the LCD screen will work.
    At least it did with mine.

The only problems is that there was no way to reset the clock (other than disconnect the battery at 1pm) and to get it to work with the Bose amp, you needed to connect the factory harness amp wire to a power wire..

Other than that. 3 years of faultless operation

Once the stock radio is removed the LCD still works on 2006+ MPS 3s, but only used for fan/climate control. The clock is a PITA to set from there on, and of course things like radio/volume/track names do not display on the LCD. I quite like the stock non-Bose stereo, and I'm setting about putting in my own carPC using the flip-up top housing from a Chinese GPS unit as starters. In doing so I won't lose on the LCD, steering wheel controls or need to put in an amp. I've ripped out the guts and put in a 7" HDMI panel. Pics to come

On some, the radio and volume will still display.
    Proof.

Quote Originally Posted by bd581 View Post
    Proof.
    It's must be one with the CANBUS integrated coz mine no clock only temp
    Member Of a Wallbangers Club

Quote Originally Posted by bd581 View Post
    Proof.
    That's looks awesome John. Whee did you get it from?

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    That's looks awesome John. Whee did you get it from?

Peter "SLIXX"
    Brad.......

Ebay
    2013 Ford Focus ST - Performance Blue, Cobb AP

Gone 2006 3 MPS Sports - True Red, Koni FSD shocks, in dash OEM look Ebay GPS/DVD, Hypertech, RX8 Rims

I had a Japanese no name brand in my sp23
    it worked with the LCD screen and the steering wheel controls and it was direct fit, I know this Japanese brand wouldn't work with the Bose 6 speaker set up

For $500 I got all my bells and whistles (iPod connect,aux input, Bluetooth, navigator and analogue tv)
    Yay for cheap no name brands