User Tag List

Thread: Whitewalls in melbourne

JETMPS Guest

Default Whitewalls in melbourne

Hey guys,

Anyone have any suggestions where this could be done or by whom?
    I would be interested in seeing what they look like on the MPS.

Thanks!

I have the proper white wall tyre paint you can try, it doesnt completely set so it doesnt crack etc. its the paint from iceland that is most commonly used...
    Not sure how whitewalls would look, dont think they would suit the MPS. I have only got white tyre lettering.
    You are welcome to use the paint if you want to do it yourself, you would need to grind the letters off the tyres first otherwise you can try the portawalls that stick onto the tyres...

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    I have the proper white wall tyre paint you can try, it doesnt completely set so it doesnt crack etc. its the paint from iceland that is most commonly used...
    Not sure how whitewalls would look, dont think they would suit the MPS. I have only got white tyre lettering.
    You are welcome to use the paint if you want to do it yourself, you would need to grind the letters off the tyres first otherwise you can try the portawalls that stick onto the tyres...
    What's it called @dazza

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    What's it called @dazza

Peter "SLIXX"
    Its called white tyre paint lol
    see here White Wall Tyre Paint [WTP] - $34.95 : Bad Penny Customs - Online Store, Your Bike - Your Way
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

White walls only suits old school cars in my opinion and its illegal

Got rice bitch?!?

JETMPS Guest

Thanks @dazza

I wouldn't want to do any grinding to the tyres. Doesn't sound like a good idea to me....

Either DIY or a person/place that does it.
    Possibly best to leave it to the "professionals"

Quote Originally Posted by JapCrap View Post
    White walls only suits old school cars in my opinion and its illegal

Got rice bitch?!?
    Illegal? Why?...

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by GibbA View Post
    Illegal? Why?...

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk 2
    Because usually with white walls the tyre needs to be grinded. This is why its illegal, its an instant defect now supposably, but if you have proper white wall tyres from factory i cant see a problem there?
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    Because usually with white walls the tyre needs to be grinded. This is why its illegal, its an instant defect now supposably, but if you have proper white wall tyres from factory i cant see a problem there?
    Ah ok that makes sense, illegal due to the grinding. I don't think i'd be game to drive on them if i'd had to "grind" the tyre, let along worry about legalities...
    As far as from factory goes, can't see why it would be a problem, but then again, some laws can be very, err,.... "grey"? and don't make a great deal of sense.
    Back in year 12 a fella had an accord euro with 19's on it i think. Pretty sure he had a 35 profile tyre and it was a whitewall tyre. Literally looked like there was 2cm of tyre on the rim from a distance... ugh..
    --> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

I don't think I've seen white walls in years

Im fairly sure I've seen a few tyre shops In my local area advertising that they could get in whitewall tyres, I could be wrong though

I wouldn't be game enough to grind my tyres :P

JETMPS Guest

Grinding tyres is a big no for me.
    Surely there would be structural damage to the tyre.
    Just doesn't sound very safe.

My brother has had white or red walls on his cars for years, sometimes doing walls on his tyres 2 or 3 times before getting a new set. His car is by no means a fast car, I would think it'd be a little more unsafe with cars like ours.