User Tag List

Thread: Cobb Shifter Weight - Anyone Done It ?

Default Cobb Shifter Weight - Anyone Done It ?

http://www.mpsgarage.com.au/shop/pro...er-weight.html

hey i thought for a while this was only for the cobb shifter... but its actually an in engine bay item.. down under intake sort of...

anyone done it ?

or have idea if it makes much difference ?

You can (if you have the tools) cut the stock shifter weight and save yourself $40. There stock shifter is even shaped in such a way that it's easy to know where to cut.

why would you want to reduce the shifter weight?

if anything increase it to assit with engaging of gears?

I can't really explain it, but cutting off the chunk of the weight will actually make it easier to slide into gear without making feel too light. But this is all personal and some people might not like the change.

---------- Post added at 08:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 AM ----------

Have a read of Custom Shifter weight - Mazda6 / Atenza

yea i think if you look Ante where the weight is its more of an effort to push and pull around the heavier weight.. reducing it creates less force required... teamed up with a heaver shift knob will give u the extra weight you are talking about to "fall" into gear...

Don't see why you couldn't make one. Wouldn't be easy though as any material heavy enough to be effective would surely be difficult to cut / mould into shape?